Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Wednesday 8/2

2»

Re: WTO Wednesday 8/2

• @cm716 I also put things off or change my behavior if I'm thinking I might be. Last cycle DH and I went backpacking and I was obsessed with getting a new pump water filter because maybe, but then of course, nothing. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @doxiemoxie212 I sooo feel ya about Zika. DH has a family member who travels a lot, gave us a 'pass' to stay at her house on the beach in the Virgin Islands for two weeks as a wedding gift. I want to go to the Virgin Islands. Can I go to the Virgin Islands? No. Because Zika. 
  • @doxiemoxie212 and @paleoprincess I ditto your Zika concern! I usually hate playing the "what if I'm KU scenario" bc it's so uncertain and I hate missing out on life. But I put the kibosh on a Caribbean family vacation this December just in case. Everyone understood when I explained my concern for Zika. My rationale as to why this is different than any other location is that it's for safety. FX we can go next December!
  • @doxiemoxie212, @paleoprincess & @cards10... add me to the list of terrified of Zika. The mosquito is practically the Wisconsin state bird, but at least the strain up here can't carry it.
    Thankfully we don't have time or money for an elaborate vacation  :D
    Me: 29  DH: 33
    Married April 1st 2017 <3
    DS #1: May 2009 
    DS #2: Jan 2012 

• I'm sorry to jump on late in the day with a p & g. I don't mean to dump all my problems out here and run! I'll come back on and comment and love tit as I can, but I'm trying to avoid being on my computer for very long (see rant below).

Month/Cycle: 6/6

CD: 14

WAYDTGKU: temping, opks, cm

R/R: Pure rant today, I'm afraid. My neck and shoulders have been sore and stiff for the last week or so. Nothing super painful, but uncomfortable. Well last night that changed to every muscle in my neck, shoulders, and upper back spasming so intensely I could not lie down on or get up from the bed without a lot of help. Seriously intense pain. So MH ended up taking me to the ER around 3am, and we got home at 7am, after IV doses of painkillers, valium, and ibuprofen. I'm still in pain, but no more muscle spasms for now. Ibuprofen doesn't mix at all well with ttc, so now I'm not sure what to do this cycle. Just got a positive opk this afternoon, and will likely O tomorrow or Friday. MH and I are trying to figure out if we should tta this cycle or not. I did not need this extra stress!

CS/Q: See rant above. Any and all thoughts are welcome.

GTKY: What is something you've been meaning to try, but just haven't gotten around to it?  (Or if there is not something new you want to try, what is something you've been meaning to accomplish, but have not done it yet?)
    Hmmm... I really like learning languages, and I'd like to learn German.
  • cards10 said:
    @doxiemoxie212 and @paleoprincess I ditto your Zika concern! I usually hate playing the "what if I'm KU scenario" bc it's so uncertain and I hate missing out on life. But I put the kibosh on a Caribbean family vacation this December just in case. Everyone understood when I explained my concern for Zika. My rationale as to why this is different than any other location is that it's for safety. FX we can go next December!

Yeah... I haven't been to the carribean in 2 damn years because of zika
     we normally go at least once a year if not twice!
    But its the fact that it can linger in you and impact that makes it so different. Its not like you can just go and get treated and TTC... :/

I have to admit I'm glad they are putting a kill gene in those skeeters. Normally I'm against that but if I lived down there id be freaking out
  • I'm sorry to jump on late in the day with a p & g. I don't mean to dump all my problems out here and run! I'll come back on and comment and love tit as I can, but I'm trying to avoid being on my computer for very long (see rant below).

Month/Cycle: 6/6

CD: 14

WAYDTGKU: temping, opks, cm

R/R: Pure rant today, I'm afraid. My neck and shoulders have been sore and stiff for the last week or so. Nothing super painful, but uncomfortable. Well last night that changed to every muscle in my neck, shoulders, and upper back spasming so intensely I could not lie down on or get up from the bed without a lot of help. Seriously intense pain. So MH ended up taking me to the ER around 3am, and we got home at 7am, after IV doses of painkillers, valium, and ibuprofen. I'm still in pain, but no more muscle spasms for now. Ibuprofen doesn't mix at all well with ttc, so now I'm not sure what to do this cycle. Just got a positive opk this afternoon, and will likely O tomorrow or Friday. MH and I are trying to figure out if we should tta this cycle or not. I did not need this extra stress!

CS/Q: See rant above. Any and all thoughts are welcome.

GTKY: What is something you've been meaning to try, but just haven't gotten around to it?  (Or if there is not something new you want to try, what is something you've been meaning to accomplish, but have not done it yet?)
    Hmmm... I really like learning languages, and I'd like to learn German.

Ich kann Deutsch sprechen!!
  • Lurking from TWW
    @darkstar42 - how terrible! I hope your neck and back are feeling better soon! 
  • Month/Cycle: 3/3 (beginning of cycle 3 at the very end of month 3)

CD: 1

WAYDTGKU: tracking cervical mucus/position. need to start temping this month.

R/R: The nauseating cramps I had today that left me debilitated at work for 2 hours today. But I'm glad that I started a new cycle because the last was 50 days and it messed with my head a lot.

CS/Q: Any tips for being consistent about temping?  I can't ever remember!

GTKYWhat is something you've been meaning to try, but just haven't gotten around to it?  (Or if there is not something new you want to try, what is something you've been meaning to accomplish, but have not done it yet?) hah! Well on one hand...temping. I've been making a lot of bread lately...trying to perfect it.
  • dukestar5dukestar5 member
    edited August 2017
    @darkstar42  Oh no!  That is awful.  Did the ER docs figure out what was causing all of your pain?  Glad you have some relief.  No advice on what to do about TTC v TTA this month though.

@cm716  Yes for sure! And I drive myself crazy with planning things around being pregnant (or planning to avoid certain things should I be pregnant).  :|

@kmurphy2131  Sorry about the awful cramps!  As far as temping, I do not start until after AF and I set an alarm on my phone for the same time every morning.  I set it for the earliest time I would ever wake up.  Some mornings I get up right after I check the temp and do a workout; other mornings, I take the temp and then go back to sleep.
    You mentioned you make bread...any favorite recipes?  I love baking and trying new recipes.

ETA: words