Babies on the Brain

Waiting Room Wednesday 8/2

***General TW that this thread might contain discussions mentioning MC and loss.***

Welcome to Waiting Room Wednesday!

You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on not TTC and connect with others who are in the same boat. TTC can be a long journey, and having to wait makes it feel even longer -- even if it is for a good reason. I invite you to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this like an ongoing conversation.

Benched = involuntarily not NTNP/TTC and "out of the game," usually due to medical reasons

TTA = avoiding pregnancy by using protection or FAM, usually for non-health-related reasons __________________________________________________________________ 

Are you benched or TTA? 

What brings you here? 

How long do you think you'll be here? 

How have things been going?

Any R/R?

GTKY: What is your favorite wild animal? Bonus for GIFs!

*Siggy Warning*
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Waiting Room Wednesday 8/2

• Are you benched or TTA? 

TTA

What brings you here? 

Wanting to pass the time with you ladies while TTA two under two!

How long do you think you'll be here? 

Only 4 waiting room Wednesdays to go!

How have things been going?

Trying to have sex more, but we've been so tired. I'm working early mornings and later nights, and DH has had trouble getting DS to sleep. By the time that's all over sex is usually off the table. Here's hoping weekend sex will be enough! 

I try not to worry about the fact that I haven't had a cycle. My goal will just be to catch my first PP ovulation. FX!

Any R/R?

I think if we manage to run out of condkms I might be able to convince DH to just NTNP.

Oh, and I manually started a new FF chart to start tracking CM and other secondary signs.

Otters!

*Siggy Warning*

• @lalala2004 - I love otters too!
    I think seals are my favorite though :)

• Loading the player...
  • ChloandCocoChloandCoco member
    edited August 2017
    @lalala2004 Otters are so cute, especially when they hold hands while sleeping.
    @glitzandglitter I've always wanted to go scuba diving with seals, they are so curious.

AFM, my favorite wild animal is the capybara!

• Are you benched or TTA? TTA

What brings you here? Feeling chatty

How long do you think you'll be here? Till the end of the year

How have things been going? Good! We've been around babies a lot this summer so my fiance is definitely ready. If it wasn't for wanting a little alcohol during our honeymoon in Nov. we'd probably start trying sooner. But I just can't get into taking my vitamins... 

Any R/R? I just have a lot on my plate right now. I've put it all there myself, so it's my own fault, but it's been an insanely busy summer and I don't think it'll be slowing down any time soon! 

GTKY: What is your favorite wild animal? Pretty much any big cat, but especially snow leopards! 

• All your gifs are so cute! I'd join in but, I'm at work so have my window really small, cause I'm being sneaky... 
  • @lalala2004 I hope your cycle comes back soon! Good luck with convincing your DH :) Otters are adorable!

@glitzandglitter Seals are awesome!

Are you benched or TTA? We're TTA!

What brings you here? The conversation while we wait. You guys are pretty awesome :)

How long do you think you'll be here? We're hoping to start in October, but it might be November at this point.

How have things been going? With both of us being sick this week, it's been pretty rough. We're both crabby and tired, and I ended up calling in from work today. Just could not deal with guests when I woke up with what felt like an inflating balloon in my head.

Any R/R? We're still trying to get back on track financially after my being on leave for so long, which is hard on both of us, but especially on DH. He was raised in that old school nonsense of "the man must provide for the family", so this has been really difficult for him. By extension, it's difficult for me, because it drives me nuts that he thinks that way.

Pandas! I absolutely love them. When we go visit DH's parents in November, we're flying into Memphis, and I found out that the Memphis Zoo has pandas. So since we're flying in early, we're going to visit the zoo before we leave Memphis :D I've never actually seen pandas IRL, so I'm very excited!
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • @dreamscapes_ my DH is the same way and it's put a lot of pressure on him since I started working part time. It's compounded by the fact that he is on a contract job, so he has no vacation days, benefits, etc. If he takes a day off, that's $300 we won't have. It's stressful for him, whereas I'm the "It'll all work out!" type of person.
    *Siggy Warning*

• @lalala2004 I'm the same way, very much a "Everything will work out" kind of mindset. It's just hard to reconcile the two, as I'm sure you know, lol.
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • Are you benched or TTA? TTA

What brings you here? Good conversation!

How long do you think you'll be here? TTA til probably December, and will probably stick around BOTB while TTC too.

How have things been going? I've been doing pretty well. I had a rollercoaster of a week last week and was really busy, and I think I missed posing on here completely last time. It was a fun week, but a bit much at the same time. This week is calmer and I feel better!

Any R/R?  First a rave - all day long I kept thinking it was Tuesday, and I got so excited every time I remembered it was Wednesday instead, haha :)  Then a rant - I have the worst breakout right now and it's driving me crazy!!

GTKY: What is your favorite wild animal? Bonus for GIFs! Elephants, yeah! Let's see if I can manage to get a gif in here...