Babies on the Brain

BOTB Grad August Check In

You guys - our first grad check in eek!!

**THIS POST MAY MENTION PREGNANCY, BIRTH OR BABIES. If you are having a hard TTC or TTCAL day, please read at your own discretion***

Hello old friends, good to see you!

***As a courtesy to those still TTC on this board, if you are sharing pictures please do so inside a spoiler box.***

If you were a regular poster on BOTB we'd love to get an update on you this month! Please tell us how you are doing! 

*How long were you active on BOTB and when?

*How far along are you?

*Which birth month board/due date?

*Team Pink/Blue/Green?

*How are you doing picking out a name? Feel free to share it.

*Questions, concerns or other? Anything else exciting to share?

Paging:

March

@livingthedream and @notthefather

April

@kindbytealikat

Re: BOTB Grad August Check In

• Loading the player...
  • Woo hoo!!! I'm so glad this exists :) 
    Waiting for #3!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yay Ladies! Thanks for checking in! I miss seeing you around :) 
    @livingthedream - the wait for the first appointment and the wait for the first US always felt like eternity to me. It's exciting that you will have the maternity21 test to find out what you are having though :) 
    @kindbytealikat - I love the name Gabriella :) I'm sorry about your SILs loss. 
  • @kindbytealikat I've been MIA and I think I missed your BFP announcement, congrats!!!! I'm sorry for your SILs loss. It may hurt her a bit to hear that due date, but I don't honestly think many people would think about that when TTC, I'm sure she'll be okay with it after a while. Or maybe just fib it and give a few days before or after? My MW with my son even said she likes to say "the first week in March" or something general like that.

@LivingTheDream I honestly only had one ultrasound with my DS, it was the anatomy scan. Part of me wished I had more, but at the same time I knew I wouldn't because I was with a MW instead of an OB, lol. 
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @LivingTheDream 11w does seem like a long time but at least by then he/she will look more like a baby and less like a peanut! I did NIPT last time and think it should just be standard practice at this point. Excited to find out what you're having!

@kindbytealikat  why not Rain if you like Raene but not RAE? I think your SIL will understand that you can't really plan when your EDD will be, but that's tough. I would probably go with @CecilB93  and just be vague or fudge it a few days 

• @LivingTheDream 11w does seem like a long time but at least by then he/she will look more like a baby and less like a peanut! I did NIPT last time and think it should just be standard practice at this point. Excited to find out what you're having!

Some people were saying that the younger you are the less accurate the NIPTs are and can cause undo worry. I had one last time w/ my second, but I'm all old and stuff. 

• @notthefather - Yay!!! So glad to see you check in :) I am so happy your appointment went well! I can't believe you are 8 weeks already! Love the US picture. 
  • @notthefather Wow, it's hard to believe you're eight weeks already!  I'm so glad you're doing well!
  • @notthefather I love the name Miriam! So classy.