February 2018 Moms

Pregnancy announcements.

Re: Pregnancy announcements.

• Random I know but... we have the same hair ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • Love all the announcements! I usually don't post social media announcements until 16-20 weeks. Not sure why! We don't usually tell our family until 14 weeks anyway. I make sure I'll post mine when we think of something clever! 

DD #1 3/26/13
    Mo/Mo twins MMC 3/31/14  o:)
    DD #2 3/31/15
    DD #3 8/25/16
  • @mpp06 as a farm wife, I love that!
  • @TattoosandLace thank you! I love how they turned out! 
    @fishyfishfish234 that would be super cute!!
  • At what week are you guys thinking about announcing?  It's always so nerve wracking to decide! 
  • At what week are you guys thinking about announcing?  It's always so nerve wracking to decide! 
    I will probably be way later than everyone else because my inlaws bloooow and we don't want to listen to them. With DD2, we announced at twenty weeks. We have maternity photos in December. Maybe we'll jut let those be our announcement when the photog puts the sneak peeks on her page. 
    I will probably be way later than everyone else because my inlaws bloooow and we don't want to listen to them. With DD2, we announced at twenty weeks. We have maternity photos in December. Maybe we'll jut let those be our announcement when the photog puts the sneak peeks on her page. 
    I'm with you on that one. I won't be announcing at all but will tell close people when it becomes really obvious which I don't think will be anytime in the next few weeks hopefully

DD born Oct 2011 - DS#1 born Jan 2014 - DS#2 born Apr 2015 - DS#3 born Sept 2016 - LO#5 due Feb 7, 2018

• @meatball37 same question here. I always thought 12-13 weeks, but now im not sure. I'm not even sure what's stopping me. 

• I announced at 11 weeks this time. With my last pregnancy, I was around 8 weeks when I announced to people outside my close circle and online communities. I wasn't on social media until '09ish, though I don't remember any sort of official announcement. I'm pretty sure my mom told our extended family.

I've always told the people I'm closest to pretty much as soon as I get my BFP.
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

• Debating still on when. I'll tell my boss and coworkers in 2 weeks, but I'm debating on not making it facebook official until 16 weeks and we find out the sex.

• Last time I waited till 20 weeks- this time we will do it at 12-13 weeks. I'm trying to think up something creative and majorly failing at this point! 
  • JandJ62914JandJ62914 member
    edited August 2017
    With DD I announced to everyone at 14 weeks. This time I've told my family and some friends, but I'll tell everyone again around 14-15 weeks. I had the NIPT last week and should be finding out the results soon. I'm waiting until I get that further reassurance that everything is okay and also know the sex. I'm going to buy matching big sister, little brother/sister shirts in size 2T and newborn and hang them on my clothesline for a photo!

eta typo 
  • I like knowing the sex first and announcing both at once. Really not sure what we're gonna do with this LO. I like the idea of "Every superhero needs a sidekick", with DS holding a pink/blue cape or something that says In Action Feb 2018. That just sounds like so much work. This is our rainbow baby, so I think it'd be nice to do like... "Our rainbow is on the horizon, coming Feb 2018", but alas, still work. Ha, I am lazy. I just want cake so maybe we will just post our reveal (no party, just us) and call it a day. Finding out sex between 14-15 weeks so will be announcing in about 2 weeks.
  • This is the longest we've waited and we announced yesterday just after 13 weeks.
  • @meatball37 I love it so much!!! 
  • We announced at 8 weeks, though I told my immediate family the day I got my BFP. My husband and I had been trying for awhile and were too excited to wait to share. Didn't do anything very creative. Just posted a picture of my husband and I holding our ultrasound and a calendar page with our due date circled.
  • I made two different versions tonight but we still haven't decided exactly when to post. I'm 14 weeks tomorrow but SO is dragging his feet on telling his mother (they have some unresolved past drama). I'm thinking maybe after my next appointment in two weeks or so, gives us plenty of time to tell her and I get to hear the heartbeat one more time before going public. Any opinions on which photo?

These are both really cute and the idea is creative. I prefer the first one. The look of surprise is funny!
  • Oh I like the happy one! Lmao! @laurelraido. Ps- is your screen name your name? If so, maybe think about changing it for saftey reasons- obviously up to you but it might mean the things you post here can also come up if someone googles your name! 
  • @ashhsa No worries, not my real name! 
  • Still team no announcement. We usually don't announce until finding out the sex. I just came to love tit everyone else's 

DD #1 3/26/13
    Mo/Mo twins MMC 3/31/14  o:)
    DD #2 3/31/15
    DD #3 8/25/16
  • Sorry @laurelraido ! I was just being paranoid! Lol! And whichever one you chose both are cute! 
  • Everyone's announcements are so cute! @laurelraido I love the second one!