November 2017 Moms
Options

bra issues

I think I am up a size (hopefully just a cup size and not a band size too) but I don't want to spend a ton of money on new bras. Plus I'm sure once the baby is born I'll still need the larger size for a while. I usually can't shop at the less expensive places like Kohl's as they tend to not carry many 32s. I also want something comfortable. Anyone find any good, stretchy/soft, not too expensive bras for pregnancy and nursing? What are you all doing in this department?

(note, a sports bra will NOT work for me)
Pregnancy Ticker  
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: bra issues

• Options
    I've had very good luck at both Marshalls/TJ Maxx as well as Amazon, actually.
  • Options
    I have a fabric bra from Target. It bought it for work and then got a bigger size and found that it's been great for pregnancy. Slightly padded, no underwire.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Abby7Abby7 member
    Can I ask which brands have worked well?
    Pregnancy Ticker  
  • Options
    @abby7 had to turn my bra around and look :) it's by Bali, I got it at Target 
  • Options
    They are not exactly maternity but they fit well. I am a 32 as well and recently found some I really like from Aerie. 
  • Options
    I just got a bra extender last pregnancy and that helped as a cheap option until postpartum. I am also on small bust size- 34A when not pregnant and then I went up to a B while nursing. I found Target had good options for not a lot of money. 
  • Options
    I also second padded non-wireless ones for nursing. They are great for your constant size change throughout the day. 
  • Options
    I tried to buy cheap bras from Walmart because I know I'm still going to get bigger and  they just didn't work so I gave in and bought 2 bras from Victoria Secret that fit good but I should've gone up a band size too. I've gotten a little bigger since I got them a couple months ago but I'm hoping I can make them work until my milk starts coming in and I get really big. 
  • Options
    Abby7 said:
    I think I am up a size (hopefully just a cup size and not a band size too) but I don't want to spend a ton of money on new bras. Plus I'm sure once the baby is born I'll still need the larger size for a while. I usually can't shop at the less expensive places like Kohl's as they tend to not carry many 32s. I also want something comfortable. Anyone find any good, stretchy/soft, not too expensive bras for pregnancy and nursing? What are you all doing in this department?

(note, a sports bra will NOT work for me)
    I got lucky and found some really inexpensive bras at target ($9.99)!! I went up two band sizes and one cup size already so it was necessary! I also started wearing target nursing tanks and sports bras around this time last pregnancy. I don't like spending too much money on bras until after baby and my supply has regulated.

• Options
    Well I had to buy new bras at 8wks as was  up 2 cup sizes  .and just gone up another recently .
    Originally a 30D /32C (on the tightest hooks) depending on brand cut and weather or not they actually carry size 8 
    Now a 32E (on the largest hooks ) but also fitting 34DD maternity and wire free bras on the tightest hooks which I thought might give some space for further expanding  . I can easily shorten the band as I loose weight later.
    Defiantly gained weight all over and my back and ribs have thickened up a lot . Very disappointed I cannt manage a belly only gain . I would say I am up a general dress size in pants but hovering between 8 and 10 for tops some are still just too big through the shoulders but less stretchy fabrics I need the bust space 
    Boobs  were like the first symptom I had . 
    I am not enjoying now having to wear bras . As I never used to need to . Early on I had to get them to sleep in they were soooo  swollen and tender . The lady tried to sell me some ting to grow into but I needed something that fit me and supported me for that time . I knew I'd likely needn't up a size again but didn't care . I bought 2 bras initially tell soft no hook bra to sleep in and a bra to wear in the day . And they fit till 2 Saturdays ago and I bought others which do have room to expand in the band if needed and a little room in the cup depth for volume growth but the hey also aren't super sore anymore .  
    I bought 2-3 good ones as was for comfort and cheap bras just don't ever fit well or they don't wear well and end up not being worth it 
    I got a pull over razor back style to sleep in and a light colour  (ballet pink) and a dark colour (navy) 
    (Can't offer suggestions for brands as I live in Australia )
  • Options
    I bought new bras months ago as I started to get larger early on. I'm normally around a 36D or 34DD and those no longer fit. I bought nursing bras from Motherhood. I can't remember how much they were but they were buy 3 get one free. They are extremely comfortable. I got them without the underwire and even as large as I am, they keep me secure. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I also bought a few nursing bras from Motherhood Maternity - they will measure you and I think they regularly have the buy 3 get 1 free. I also really like their overnight nursing bras. So comfy!
  • Options
    I got 2 soft fabric one's at Burlington, they're s,m,l. I have one in medium and one in large, they're nursing bras. I'm a 32ddd prepregnacy and normally need underwire, solid bras but couldn't afford good ones since I'll just be growing. These ones are so comfy and support without the underwire. They were like $7.99! 
  • Options
    I got these for over night. They are super comfy and not too expensive. I am usually a 34D and the medium sized worked for me for a year of nursing. I also second the band extenders for making your regular bras stretch a little bit longer. If you are going to breastfeed, I highly recommend purchasing some quality nursing bras after your supply as regulated. You might be uncomfortable for a little while while the regulating happens, but it is worth it for the support and comfort.

• Options
    I don't see how the band expanders help all that much at least not initially and perhaps they will help adjust back and forth later like selecting the smaller band size and expanding to start then reduce back in as the weight drops off ? Assuming the beast tissue and cup vol will remain if feeding. The issue I've had with fit is in the cup volume way way before needing to let out in the band at all. I was still 32 on the tightest hook at 8 weeks but up 2 cup sizes and very tender with no bras that fit
    And I had a fit choice again revently where I could go with 32E or 34DD .32 on the loosest hooks so i have now let out the band size but still within the dress size i was , where maybe extenders would help stretch wear in that case. or 34 wearing on the tightest .but figured there's more options avaliable in 34DD than 32E cups since i was having to buy up yet another cup. I upped the bad size also. Either way im still 3 cup sizes up from normal and not able to wear my normal bras for months now .. . ... 

• Options
    I'm similar to foxairt, I'm a larger cup size 32 so I need a lot of support. Plus I have to wear professional clothing so I can't just go into PJ bras. I'm wondering if like an old school Playtex bra would work?
    Pregnancy Ticker  
  • Options
    I gave up on bras. I am usually like 32 b my whole life. I have been growing with bra sizes. I been wearing the bralette. I know that they do not have a lot of support but they are so much more conformable for me. 
  • Options
    I had to get a pricey one. I am normally a 36 G, but my G cup was too snug and most H cups were too big. I went to a shop and tried on a bunch and found a 38H that was comfortable, flattering, and had some room to grow. I have one bigger one from my last pregnancy as well.