March 2018 Moms
Options

GTKY Weekend Edition

What number pregnancy is this for you? 

Are you avoiding anything specific during this pregnancy? (Food, Mosquitos, Roller Coasters, people with blonde hair) 

If this is your second (+) pregnancy, do you find yourself being more or less laid back than your first pregnancy? 
b) How so? 

How many kids are you planning on having? 

Have you had any strong cravings? 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
732973 Clomid Cycles
2 IUIs 
3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: GTKY Weekend Edition

• Options
    My first, and ironically my first attempt at conceiving which was shocking.

Are you avoiding anything specific during this pregnancy? (Food, Mosquitos, Roller Coasters, people with blonde hair) 

Well, I'm blonde, so so much for that lol, but trying to avoid puking with some failure. 

If this is your second (+) pregnancy, do you find yourself being more or less laid back than your first pregnancy? 
    NA
    b) How so? NA

Hopefully 2, but the sickness has been so rough with this one, I don't know if I'll want to do it again!

Cheese!  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

-99% of foods, or anything that smells like food 

b) How so? 
    -I feel pretty much the same as my first pregnancy, in terms of being laid back. I'm definitely super laid back lol

-I think 2 is enough for us, so this will most likely be our last. 

-not really. Except sour skittles 
  • Options
    What number pregnancy is this for you? 2

Are you avoiding anything specific during this pregnancy? (Food, Mosquitos, Roller Coasters, people with blonde hair) Diet Coke 

If this is your second (+) pregnancy, do you find yourself being more or less laid back than your first pregnancy? I'm much more laid back. 

b) How so? I'm chasing a 2.5 year old around so I have less time to think about it.

How many kids are you planning on having? 2

Have you had any strong cravings? So far, just dill pickles.
  • Options
    @chasingroygbiv I am praying that you get your third. 

I am weird about the food thing, I don't eat anything that they say not too. I am a worrier and a turkey sandwich or a sushi date is not worth the worry. I have a friend who has a son and is pregnant again and she drinks a beer or a glass a wine like 2-3 times a week! Did it with her DS too. She told us she was pregnant while drinking a beer. Not worth it to me. Oh, and I am avoiding my In-laws. They stress me out...

b) How so? 
    About the same. I have more restrictions this go 'round due to bleeding early on, but I think I will be just as strict on myself as I was last time. 

2 to 3. I had a really easy first pregnancy and thought I could for sure do this 3 times. This one is not as fun, so at the moment I am thinking just 2. That may change when momnesia sets after 2.0 is born. 

Yes! I crave everything I don't normally eat - bagels, pizza, noodles, chicken wings, ice cream. I give in here and there but I am trying not to go crazy like I did with DS. 
  • Options
    Second

Nothing, really. I'm not happy about giving up beer, though.

This pregnancy has been way different than my first, so it's hard to say.
    b) How so? 

Just two, so if so goes well, this will be the last.

Fruit salad
  • Options
    Third. First was a loss; I have one son. 

Are you avoiding anything specific during this pregnancy? 
    Booze. Raw fish. Advil. Insomnia meds. 

Yes, but only because I'm so busy with a toddler now. I was pretty laid back with my last pregnancy, actually. 

Probably two. Maybe three. 

Popcorn, icees, frozen grapes. 
  • Options
    SoraLkSoraLk member
    @chasingroygbiv With you on the potato craving!

What number pregnancy is this for you? 3rd pregnancy, but will be a FTM...

Are you avoiding anything specific during this pregnancy? (Food, Mosquitos, Roller Coasters, people with blonde hair) Avoiding roller coasters and sushi. 

No, if anything I'm actually more paranoid about me doing something wrong.

How many kids are you planning on having? I want at least two, but we'll see.

Have you had any strong cravings? Potatoes and Pizza are my cravings right now. When I can actually eat that is.

BabyFruit Ticker
    **TW in Spoiler**
    https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/683816

BFP 6/30/16, MC 8/21/16
    BFP 05/04/17, 5/10/17 Emergency LAP due to ectopic. Right tube removed.

BFP 07/12/17, ECDD 03/25/18  -  Silver Orion Born 3/23/18
    BFP 09/30/19, EDD 06/11/20

• Options
    2nd

Are you avoiding anything specific during this pregnancy?
    typical stuff - raw fish, cold deli meats off the slicer, alcohol.

More laid back, but with my last one I wasn't sick at all and this time I'm sick as a dog, so I haven't been able to do or eat much anyway.

i always thought 3 but this all-day sickness has me wondering if I'll do this again. We'll see how the rest of it and the birth goes. 

So many, but I haven't been able to eat any of it :(
  • Options
    What number pregnancy is this for you? 6th pregnancy for us (3 ectopics, 2 girls) 

Are you avoiding anything specific during this pregnancy? (Food, Mosquitos, Roller Coasters, people with blonde hair) Sadly all of my psych meds. 

b) How so? I've always been pretty laid back, but I am obsessed with the idea of those Zika mosquitoes infiltrating everything, even though there are absolutely zero cases where we live, I just keep thinking I don't want to be the first lol 

How many kids are you planning on having? I was done with 2. H wanted 6, this was a total accident, so I am absolutely done after this. 

Have you had any strong cravings? Tuna... so weird because the idea of tuna would make me gag in my other pregnancies but now I want to have tuna sandwiches everyday.  

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    3rd pregnancy, second baby. 

Not avoiding anything in particular. Although I guess I can't eat poached eggs which used to be my go to for breakfast. So poached eggs. I also seem to have an aversion to coffee, which breaks my heart. 

Definitely more laid back. I literally forget I'm pregnant sometimes (when I'm not throwing up, haha)

We're thinking this will be our last pregnancy, so two kids! Unless this is twins. We haven't heard heartbeat/done an ultrasound yet, and they run in my family, so always a possibility!

I crave all the things, but nothing strongly. Although I did eat Chinese food for lunch and dinner today. 
  • Options
    What number pregnancy is this for you? Third, third child. 

Are you avoiding anything specific during this pregnancy? (Food, Mosquitos, Roller Coasters, people with blonde hair) Nothijg hat I can think of right now. I'll get back to you. 

Yes I do. 
    b) How so? I followed most of the foods that they say you should avoid. I researched just about everything. This time I'm pregnant and hungry, I eat whatever. 

How many kids are you planning on having? This is my last :'(

Have you had any strong cravings? Just for all things spicy. 
    DD born August 17, 2010
    DS born October 13, 2014
    Baby #3 due March 2018

• Options

Trying to avoid gaining 50lbs like last time. Clearly I loved food a little too much the first go around so maybe I should avoid food this time. 

Yes

b) How so? 
    Well I only took two tests this time compared to about 20 last time. Haha. And I still haven't called my Dr office yet. I was pretty laid back the first time and I imagine this time it'll be much of the same. 

2 - this will be the last one! 

None yet. Last time it was Mac and cheese all day everyday. 
  • Options

Don't color my hair yet, just trying to get my prenatal vitamin down everyday at this point and trying to eat as healthy as possible within reason

b) How so? 
    So much more laid back. I have a toddler to chase after so I have less time to really pay attention to my symptoms

I'm pretty certain this is it for us, but I don't think we are ready to do anything permanent 

Salty foods
  • Options
    #2!

I'm avoiding alcohol, obviously. I'm cautious about lunch meat in the first trimester but after that, give me all the subway! 

Yes. With my first, I was super cautious about everything, especially in the first trimester. This time I'm just like, eh... whatever. Lol

How many kids are you planning on having? We have always said that we wanted to have 2 kids, and possibly a third. We'll see how this one goes!

Have you had any strong cravings? My cravings change every day. I have been craving McDonald's like crazy, though! Bacon, egg, & cheese biscuits have been one of my weaknesses. Why are they SO good?!
    Anniversary
    TTC #1 Since April 2014
    Me: 27 | DH: 31
    08/2006 - Laparoscopy/Stage 1 Endo
    10/2014 - Bloodwork normal, HSG all clear
    10/2014 - DH's SA 15mil/mL, 35% motility, 6% morphology
    BFP #1: 12/29/14 | EDD: 9/9/15

• Options
    @Ambybambi I haven't colored my hair since I found out, but I just can not stand the idea of having to smell that awful smell. I need to do it soon though because my hair looks like total crap 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    kalawakalawa member

I'm avoiding lifting heavy items because I was told I had to...and I'm milking it. And people with blonde hair of course (kidding).

b) How so? 
    I was hoping to be more laid back being the 3rd time, but unfortunately it's not going that way. This one's giving me a run for my money in the stress department.

3...I think this is it. We are absolutely ready to do something for permanent. 

Have you had any strong cravings? Salty foods.
  • Options
    What number pregnancy is this for you?  3

Are you avoiding anything specific during this pregnancy? (Food, Mosquitos, Roller Coasters, people with blonde hair)?  Not really avoiding anything, but trying to be conscious of my intake of certain things like tuna, carbs and caffeine.  I'm doing one cup of decaf a day at the most, if that.  Trying to do tea instead.  Just trying to make healthy decisions in general.

b) How so? TW: More than last time right now due to my loss last year.  I know once I hear the HB I'll be able to relax a lot more.

How many kids are you planning on having? 2.  We are done after this.  

Have you had any strong cravings? Kiwis.  Weirdest craving ever but it's healthy!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

Baby #2 M/C 4/5/16
  • Options
    tlcl13tlcl13 member

limiting caffeine, raw fish, roller coasters (which sucks since I have a season pass to an amusement park)

N/A

3-4; but I'd like to adopt at least one 

Spicy chicken for a while, now its more 
    aversions than cravings :(
  • Options
    Third, but I have one daughter.

Avoiding the usual things. Also avoiding lifting anything above 10 pounds with the exception of my daughter. Also, this time I won't make the mistake of coloring my hair in the third tri. Last time, out of boredom, I had my friend dye my hair for me when I was over 40 weeks pregnant (OB said it was safe). We chose a pretty auburn color with a red tint. Apparently hormones can change things and it came out Ronald McDonald red! Let's just say there weren't very many pictures of me during delivery.

b) How so? 
    I actually am more laid back, surprisingly. Last time I was pregnant after a loss so I was a nervous wreck and over analyzed everything. Even though I have to go get another u/s in a week because my current pregnancy may not be viable, I'm still much more relaxed. I guess I finally realized there's nothing I can do to prevent loss so I've gone numb to everything. It's better to not feel than to feel too much and be sad.

DH and I originally wanted 3 or 4, but after crunching the numbers and considering my health issues and the fact that I have to have a c-section every time, we've decided to just have 2, but remain open to more if we change our minds.

I've mostly had aversions. I can't eat barbecue chicken anymore, nor can I eat rotisserie 
    chicken. Yuck. Other than that I do crave spicy stuff at times.
  • Options
    What number pregnancy is this for you? 3

Are you avoiding anything specific during this pregnancy? (Food, Mosquitos, Roller Coasters, people with blonde hair) I always avoid caffeine (in the form of soda, I don't drink coffee) during the first trimester, so I'm following that again. Definitely avoiding roller coasters. My DH is overly protective (to the point of being annoying) so that's out of the question. For example, we were away this past weekend at the Columbus zoo, and he wouldn't let me do the came ride. Anyways, I did just highlight my hair before getting pregnant, so not sure what to do there.

b) How so? I definitely am more relaxed. Especially since I JUST had my daughter in October! No time to stress. 

How many kids are you planning on having? We say 3 because of finances, but part of me really wants 4. The other day DH said he isn't ruling it out, so we'll see. 

Have you had any strong cravings? Nope, none yet.
  • Options
    This is my second.

Just booze and sushi... I'm pretty laid back. I'll eat a sub or lunch meat here and there and I'll have coffee. 

b) How so? 
    I think I'm more laid back, but I think it has to do with chasing around a 12 month old! I don't have time to obsess over things. 

Hopefully 3-4. Leaning towards 3 as of right now due to the size of our house.

I am having the exact same cravings as the first time around! Cheesy things  (mac and cheese, grilled cheese, french fries with cheese, etc.), and McDonald's nuggets and fries. Also this time I am constantly craving tator tots and nutella.
  • Options
    What number pregnancy is this for you? TW**This is pregnancy number seven for me, but hopefully fifth take home baby.

I avoid less and less with each pregnancy.  I maintain my usual avoidances like unmicrowaved lunch meat, parabens, sushi, alcohol.  However, I might have a glass or two down the road later in pregnancy.  

b) How so? I will never be laid back during pregnancy.  My oldest was born at 25 weeks and nothing like three months in the NICU to make you realize how serious this all is.  I also work in healthcare now and see a lot. To be honest, I freak out about anything and everything and I am ok with that.  My vigilance and fear have helped keep my babies safe from time to time.

How many kids are you planning on having? We were planning six, but I am tapping out.  I am ready to be done birthing babies after this one.  If my heart calls for us to grow our family we will consider adoption.  We are fortunate to be able to afford and care for a large family, so I believe we would be great candidates to adpot.  

Have you had any strong cravings? No, infact I have zero cravings.  This might be the first time in all my pregnancies that I don't gain 10 pounds the first tri.  
  • Options

**TW this is my fifth pregnancy, but the first three ended in MC. This will hopefully be our second take-home baby.

Apparently all food, I can't keep anything down. I am trying to avoid mosquitos since we live on the Gulf Coast and the possibility of Zika freaks me out (there have been no local transmissions in my area), but even with bug spray I still get bitten.

More laid back, definitely. It is hard to be as obsessive as I was with my previous pregnancies now that I'm chasing around a toddler as well.

This second baby will likely be our last.

I had a strong craving for Taco Bell the other day, and occasionally I'll crave waffles/bacon/other breakfast foods.

Married 6/2013, TTC 9/2013.
    ***TW***
    MC 12/2013, Blighted Ovum 04/2014, CP 06/2014
    Began RPL testing 07/2014
    BFP #4 10/26/2014; Theo born 07/2015
    BFP #5 06/17/2017, EDD 02/28/18

BabyFruit Ticker