October 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly B-Fest 07.17

Lets hear it, because I know I'm not the only one that has something to bitch about :)

Re: Weekly B-Fest 07.17

• Options
    I'll start. This humidity. I cannot deal. The wasp because of the rain/humidity are on a whole different level that I've never seen.

Also, I work for a private doctors office and the doctor all of a sudden is interested in the billing and claims part of it and is all over my ass. Like you should worry about this more than once every year... like hop off the pregnant lady. 

And, Braxton Hicks were forreal last night.. and my husband said I was being bitchy. Then I made him feel what my stomach was doing...he shut up quickly.

I'm sure I'll think of more :)
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Where to begin? Haha. Pregnancy brain has been real lately! I am super forgetful and it's annoying. I think I walk back and forth to the kitchen 10 times before I realize what I wanted to do was in a different room! 

Second, my toddler is 18 months and driving me nuts even though I know she doesn't mean to. She's frustrated and I'm frustrated because of the communication barrier. She screams for everything and sign language is helping but only so much.

Also, I'm sick of the heat and triple digits so I'm happy to say today was a breezy 95° here. 

Lastly, my friggin tailbone is in constant misery and pain! I stretch it out every night. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm anemic! Usually I know my health care providers socks off with my iron levels (been vegetarian my whole adult life) but I stopped taking my prenatals with iron and stopped eating iron-rich foods because of aversions. My doctor and I talked about it in the second trimester and she basically said not to worry until now. It's not a big deal but my days of hemoglobin overachievin' are over. 

Also, I spilled water on my laptop and ruined 50% of the keys. Replaced it with a shiny new Chromebook but poor timing with all the baby stuff we're also buying these day. 

@tyannej Braxton Hicks freak me out! There's this one spot on my belly that gets pointy and it's weird af

@friendlywolf0913 I'm in physio for extreme pelvic pain, including my tailbone. Also just got a prenatal shiatsu massage this week - both of which have done wonders. Oh, and I got a maternity belt which I'm grateful for: was able to stand all day yesterday and putter around the house without collapsing in agony! Can't say what might help with pregnancy brain because I already forgot what we were talking about ...  :D
    Renee, 34 + Devon, 29 married 08/13 <3
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    BFP 12/15/15 EDD: 08/26/16
    MMC discovered 1/25/16 at 9 +3
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16
    Dx December 2016: unexplained 
    January 2017: 50 mg Clomid + TI =
    BFP #2 01/30/17  Please be a sticky baby!
    EDD: 10/15/17  Measuring ahead! 10/12/17 
    Ambrose born on his due date!

• Options
    I just started experiencing what I guess is known as "lightening crotch." Good grief! How will I keep a straight face when a pain comes on in front of other people!?
  • Options
    abaumeabaume member
    @friendlywolf0913 I am so with you on the pregnancy brain. I am already a bit of a spacey human but I feel like a distracted teenager again. I try to just laugh that prego symptom off though.

My rant is we are starting our kitchen remodel this weekend and shit is about to get real over here. I am so excited but not looking forward to the mess, I just need to get through this month and then I can relax and enjoy the final stretch of pregnancy. 
  • Options
    jsh5jsh5 member
    @friendlywolf0913 I can so relate with prego brain too! My husband gets so amused because he can tell when I've forgotten what I'm doing because I get a look and according to him I start pacing lol. 
    @tyannej I feel you with the humidity! It's so nasty and sticky here! And it's made the mosquitoes horrible....which annoy me and freak me out. 
    My rant is just that I am having some killer heartburn! And it doesn't matter what foods I seem to avoid it still creeps up. Thankfully the chewy berry flavored Tums are not chalky and are helping.
    I am nervous because I have my glucose test next Friday....I don't know why that always gives me anxiety. 
  • Options
    My rant is that everyone on my hubby's side of the fam keeps telling me how much weight I have lost! I am almost 28 weeks preggo...I shouldn't look skinnier to them than before I was knocked up! Haha. The funny thing is I wasn't overweight more than a couple of pounds before I got pregnant. They just seem to think I was HUGE. They always bought me like XL sizes when I wore S or M. I don't get it. I know they mean well, but...it's kind of offensive.

• Options
    @australianshepherdlover Your in-laws are not very subtle... I would be offended too! :neutral:

But hey, it's awesome that you're maintaining your weight! I've gained um... 20lbs. already and I'm bummed. Not that I can blame anyone but myself, but still :smile:
  • Options
    I've been really down on myself about how much ive gained.  I only gained 13 w my first,  8 years ago ... But at this point I'm over 20, at 29 weeks... ppl are asking how many more days until I'm due.  But I'm 5'5, 190, wearing medium maternity clothes.  Ugh.  This shouldn't be such an issue.... but it is
  • Options
    I go to the doctor today to have my first sono since my 18 week. Sono tech was a bitch, did all of it in a huge hurry, managed to tell me my baby was measuring small and that I needed to talk to the doctor about it and that she's 100% frank breech. Oh and she managed to give me one decent profile picture and that was all.... so bummed.
  • Options
    @yasandson that's how I felt yesterday, good news is in a couple weeks I'm going to get an elective 3D ultrasound done so fingers crossed she's flipped! 
  • Options
    jsh5jsh5 member
    @tyannej I'm sorry you had such a negative sono experience! At least you have another sono soon! Hopefully you'll get a better picture of your little one and some good news on position. Sending happy thoughts your way!
  • Options
    Tired all the time :( I have no energy at all, so freaking energy less!! I remember in my first pregnancy I was full of energy till the end but this time round when I need a burst of energy with a toddler, I have none left, I hope this is just a phase...
  • Options
    @ShreyaR i feel you on that one! I actually dont know if im genuinely tired or if im just being lazy (the hot temperatures arent helping i guess) but i have a hard time doing anything... Getting out of bed to pee is effort enough! I barely cook, the nursery is faaaar from being set up (only paint is done)... Starting to freak out about being that weak all the time too! 
    Hang in there mama ❤️