December 2017 Moms
Options

FFFC 7/28

Re: FFFC 7/28

• Options
    lestex lestex member
    edited July 2017
    I'll start it off... I cannot roll my eyes hard enough at people who tell me that their 1-3 year old "understands that there's a baby in their belly." "So and so kisses my belly and talks to the baby." I think those people are trying to force a relationship between their toddler and fetus and it's silly. Your child Does that because you've told them to, not because they understand that there's another human being in there. My friend posted a video of her explaining her pregnancy to her 6 year old and even THaT child couldn't figure out what the heck she was talking about.

edited to change they're to their.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I take those quizzes all the time @peachy13. LOL I did one the other day that was something like "design this kitchen and we'll tell you when you'll have your first child."  My answer was 2 years. Haha I hope not. 
  • Options
    @breezybee haha! There is also this one "buy 8 items from KMart and we'll reveal what you should name your first child" lol https://www.buzzfeed.com/prettyinrosegold/shop-at-kmart-and-well-reveal-what-you-should-nam-3278g?origin=filqui&utm_term=.rtRG8JbxqK#.jlNnZBwER8
    Me: 33 DH: 34
    Married: Oct 2015
    TTC #1: Sept 2016
    BFP: 10/19/16 ~ blighted ovum ~ D&C 11/23/16
    BFP: 3/24/17   <3  DD1 born 12/2/17
    TTC #2: July 2018
    BFP: 8/26/18 <3  DD2 born 5/16/19

• Options
    @peachy13 That was awesome. I got Lillian, Everleigh, Greyson, or Noah. Wasn't considering any of those and still not lol.
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • Options
    I will never eat any meat that was a baby when it was killed like lamb, veal or suckling pig. I just can't wrap my head around it.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Lol same names for me @MJDsquared
  • Options
    @MJDsquared Same!! No Salvation Army, Chik-fil-A, Papa Johns, Barilla, UO, etc. for me, and even though I don't try to influence others, I still get constant eye-rolls for it.
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    TTC #1 since 12/2015
    BFP 4/4/17, EDD 12/4/17

Pregnancy Ticker

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    Just adding in case anyone thinks I'm age-shaming with my comment about UO (kind of doubt, but wanted to make it clear) that I don't mean any women my age or older can't/shouldn't wear UO. Something that really annoys me is those lists in magazines that are like, "XX Things a Woman Shouldn't Wear After 30." Umm, no. Wear what you want, when you want! I meant that my style has evolved over the years.
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • Options
    @breezybee @MJDsquared i got the same names too!
  • Options
    @MJDsquared I hear you about "younger" clothes though. I feel similar with Forever 21 which I used to love.. it wasn't until I went in there maybe a year or two ago that I was like damn I would not and should not wear any of this. Nothing about the clothes itself is bad, I've just outgrown it.
    Me: 33 DH: 34
    Married: Oct 2015
    TTC #1: Sept 2016
    BFP: 10/19/16 ~ blighted ovum ~ D&C 11/23/16
    BFP: 3/24/17   <3  DD1 born 12/2/17
    TTC #2: July 2018
    BFP: 8/26/18 <3  DD2 born 5/16/19

• Options
    Names I got - Sydney, Ali, Finn, or Bear.  I would maybe consider Finn out of there, but we're having a girl.  And while I don't have anything against either Sydney or Ali, there are reasons why both those names aren't even contenders for us.  

My FFFC is I'm now going to spend the rest of the afternoon doing Buzzfeed quizzes :-)

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
  • Options
    Yikes- that was aggressive @eazybreezy225
    I included the ages 1-3 in my post for a reason, to clarify, my age range was up to 3. 3 years and 2 months doesn't count.  I have a 1.5 year old and an almost 3 year old. Telling my 3 year old not to jump on my back because he might hurt the baby, makes no sense to him. Soooo, when someone who has a 2 year old tries to tell me that their kid "absolutely understands" there's a baby underneath moms shirt, yes- I roll my eyes. Your 3-7 year olds are absolutely going to understand more! Perhaps including that my friends' 6 year old didn't understand was confusing. (No sarcasm, here) Once she accompanied my gf to an ultrasound and saw the baby, it made sense. To my 3 year old, his sibling just appeared (when he was 19 months old)- no way it occurred to him that mom's once inflated belly disappeared at the exact same time his brother came home. If your children are old enough to understand a baby in your belly and offer kisses and conversation and whatnot- that's sweet. But for real, you're being a dingleberry if you're going to tell me younger children have the same level of understanding.

I might have to look into the book you're talking about- it hadn't occurred to me to look for a book that explained pregnancy to children. What's it called?
  • Options
    I agree @eazybreezy225. My one year old (well turned 2 today) has no clue but I know a 3 year old would. DD probably will in a few months. Kids understand a lot more than people (without) kids give them credit for. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    MJDsquaredMJDsquared member
    edited July 2017
    @dkizz82 I've been doing that starting this week when the board (and the like 5 other BMBs I lurk) don't have new material. (Can you tell work is slow for me? lol) I've also been looking at HDBD threads on the close-to-birth BMBs. Both make me so excited for December!

ETA: I just have to say that I ended my post, "so excited" but I'm a 10-year-old and couldn't stop thinking of it in a pervy way and had to add "for December" lol.
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • Options
    @peachy13 apparently LO's name should be Sidney, Ali, Finn, or Bear. 

I eat at Chik Fil A ( not that often, but once in a while). My gay friends do too, actually--it's delicious. I teach management and one of my class teams did a debate on the Chik Fil A issues. They did a really good job with it, but I doubt any of them would stop eating there! 

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
  • Options
    Yeah. So my son is also 6 yrs old and he absolutely 1000% understands there's a baby in my belly and that's with absolutely zero "forcing a relationship". It terrifies me. *TW* Because at 5, he absolutely understood that I had a baby in my tummy who died. The concept of death? Hard for him to understand. The reality that mommy's bump disappeared and that meant baby brother was gone? He understood that all too well and I pray he never has to go through that again. I was in grief counseling and I remember my therapist telling me kids understand and feel so much more than we realize and give them credit for and we really need to overcome our tendency to minimize what they feel and understand.

On a funnier note, I was 21 and in college when Forever 21 first came to Florida. I shopped there like crazy and lovedlovedloved it. I'm 38 now and earlier this year I went into one on a whim to look around. Holy eff, turns out their name is a big fat lie. I am most definitely not Forever 21!
    Me: 38 l DH: 41
    Gavin - 8/27/10
    *TW*
    Gabriel - 2nd tri loss 5/17/16 Trisomy 18 & 21
    Hope -  2nd tri loss 12/7/16 complications from pneumonia

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @jackiesmom324 I am also sick of hearing about Trump. I always think it can't get much worse but then...