Trying to Get Pregnant

Newbie Intro Thread - Week of 7/31

Please read The Ultimate TTGP Guide pinned at the top of the board. It's full of information about TTGP and about our community here on TB.

Please introduce yourself and share as much or as little as you are comfortable with. Once you're ready, feel free to jump into any of our daily/weekly threads to start participating in the community.

Ages (you and SO): 

How many months have you been TTC? 

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? 

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.)

Me: 29 | DH: 29
Married 12/2016
DSS born 01/2016
TTC since 01/2017
Letrozole + TI = BFP 01/30/2018 | EDD 10/11/2018
Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Newbie Intro Thread - Week of 7/31

• Loading the player...
  • @jnmiller324 welcome! What type of special education administrator are you?  I was a SpEd teacher for 7 years and I am starting my 4th year as a full release mentor for new special education teachers. 
  • @mileswithmyles I work all over! We have separate student services and sped departments and I work in both because of my role. Stu srv has counselors, nurses, academic supports, and psych/sw. Sped is just the teachers & paras. There are directors & asst directors in both, but I am officially in student services. I run evals, IEP's, and do teacher/para evals in sped. 
  • @mamaofboys17. Welcome! Loved reading your intro.  If you don't mind sharing, were you a gestational carrier for a close friend or was it random? How did you decide to do it? GL with TTC! Hope your stay is short.
  • @mamaofboys17 Oh man, that story made me tear up. Thank you so much for giving that gift to them!

Me: 35, Hubbie: 33
    Married DH: 2013
    DD: Dec 2015
    BFP 8/14/17 --> Due 4/27/2018

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• @mamaofboys17 Oh man, that story made me tear up. Thank you so much for giving that gift to them!
    @mamaofboys17 Me too, all the feels. 

Me: 33, DH: 36
    Married and TTC since 6/2016
  • @fishsticks-n-custard you are too sweet! It was such an amazing thing. I hope to be able to give the twins a sibling someday, when they're ready. 

@lizeybee I'm so happy sharing made people smile! 
  • @mamaofboys17 Me three! That is one amazing story. You are remarkable for doing that for them!
  • @nitnat007 thank you! I used to be very active on TB back in 2010 when I had my first, and I saw so many of the women I came to love struggle. I think that helped push me towards doing it. I would love to match with a hetero couple one day, as well, if I am still able. IF is so close to my heart. 
  • Ages (you and SO): Me 25 DH 26

How many months have you been TTC? This is our first month TTC following a loss in march (DH was deployed during the MC and for several months following).

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)?  Monitoring CM, OPK, and a whole lot of BDing!

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.)  I am a military spouse (DH is an AF officer) and have been for a bit over 4 years. I worked full time as a pediatric immunization nurse until I had DS almost 2 years ago. Since then I am mostly a SAHM, working only on a PRN basis, 1-2 shifts a month. Along with our DS (dubbed the tiny terror by DH), we have a black lab and 2 cats, all of whom DS gladly tortures, I mean pets and loves.  

TTGP October siggy 

***TW Living child and loss mentioned***

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    13 March 2017: Loss at 4+6

• Ages (you and SO): Both 30

How many months have you been TTC? 3 months, 2 cycles

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? monitoring cervical mucus, cervical position, planning to start tracking temperature but I never remeber.  Coming off of a 50 day cycle, I wish I tracked temperature though so I could know if I ovulate.

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.) I'm a physical therapist, a yoga teacher, and have a 3 or 4 year old rescue pup. I like to cook and bake (don't bake a lot, mostly only bread)

• @mamaofboys you are an unbelievable woman! I am so excited by people who help us with IF have children! I read your post and I think you deserve a title of a hero. This is so kind and heartbreaking! I might face surrogacy procedure too, as my DH wants another child. We have adopted a girl 1 year ago but now he wants his own. And I'm not able to give birth. How did you find the agency? What were the criteria to become a surrogate mother? Did they take care of you? I'm always worrying about what conditions surrogates are in. You deserve only the best! P.S What about the legislation? I've heard surrogacy isn't allowed in all states in the US. Haven't you had any problems with that? 
    Sorry for so many questions, I have never met a heroic woman like you :blush:
  • I was active on here for a bit but haven't been for maybe 8 or so months. I was getting stressed out about TTC and decided it would be most beneficial for us to focus on each other in our first year of marriage. We were still TTGP but not doing much for tracking other than paying attention to my CM and libedo and having as much sex as possible. I've found myself lurking on here recently so I thought I would reintroduce myself! 

Ages (you and SO): 
    both 24

How many months have you been TTC? 12

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? sex as often as we can. I work a rotating shift and am always waking up at different times so I don't think temping will work for me 

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.) DH is my world. Our 1 year wedding anniversary is coming up next month and it's been the best year of my life. We have four fur babies (two dogs and two cats) but no human babies yet. 6 months ago we bought a house and have loved making it our own. The list of projects is never ending and always changing! Hoping to have a use for our empty spare bedroom soon! 

• Welcome @lee^2 Shift work here too! (hence the post at 2:30 am) What kind of shift work do you do?

• Ages (you and SO): 27 & 28

How many months have you been TTC? This is our first offical month trying but the past few months I have come off birth control (pill) and started tracking my cycles and using OPKs :)

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? Just planning to continue to track my cycles and let my body settle and of course plenty of sex ;)

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.) We have quite a few pets! <3 Hubby is in landscaping and I'm in the travel industry. Hobbies include music, pole, fitness & movie nights on the couch :)

• @fishsticks-n-custard I work in manufacturing. I NEVER thought I would end up here but I actually really like it. For now at least. I definitely don't want to rotate my whole life! What kind do you do? Also I love your username! 
  • @lee^2 I work in the emergency department, so all hours of all days! I hope your stay here is short and you get your BFP soon!

• @fishsticks-n-custard thank you, I hope the same for you! 
  • Ages (you and SO): 26, 30

How many months have you been TTC? 2 AL

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? Basically nothing but BD when I think I'm fertile. Haven't started temping or OPKs yet... Yet. 

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.) DH and I have been married 5 years in November. No kids but 2 fur children and one scale child - My dog Archie, cat Dutchess and snake Fang Shway. I clean houses and DH is a draftsman. Hobbies are obliviously humming the same song from the time I wake to the time I sleep (drives DH insane), sketching and portrait drawing. *TW currently holidaying in Hawaii after our loss of turners babe June 2nd. It's been amazing to recoup and relax while TTC again. 

• @mamaofboys you are an unbelievable woman! I am so excited by people who help us with IF have children! I read your post and I think you deserve a title of a hero. This is so kind and heartbreaking! I might face surrogacy procedure too, as my DH wants another child. We have adopted a girl 1 year ago but now he wants his own. And I'm not able to give birth. How did you find the agency? What were the criteria to become a surrogate mother? Did they take care of you? I'm always worrying about what conditions surrogates are in. You deserve only the best! P.S What about the legislation? I've heard surrogacy isn't allowed in all states in the US. Haven't you had any problems with that? 
    Sorry for so many questions, I have never met a heroic woman like you :blush:
    @sammymommy89 I don't mind answering at all. You are so sweet! I just hate seeing other human beings going through the pain of not being able to have children, and I could help, so I did. I am no hero, I just understand the desire to have a baby. I found my agency by doing a search for agency reviews. They were absolutely amazing! Being a surrogate comes with a lot of requirements: heathy BMI, drug test, psychological evaluation, history of healthy pregnancies and healthy babies, financially stable, willing to undergo the required med protocol for IVF, a strong support system, and live in a surrogacy friendly state. I live in Florida, so my state is friendly to the process. Some states are not surrogate friendly and I was not allowed to travel to those states during that pregnancy. I was well taken care of by my IPs and my agency. They provide an incredible support system for surrogates. 

I think i answered everything! If I missed something, please feel free to ask. I don't mind a bit. I truly hope you find the right surrogate. There are so many amazing women out there. I do highly suggest using an agency, so both you and your surro are protected. My heart breaks for your situation and I wish you all the best. 
  • Ages (you and SO): 30/33

How many months have you been TTC?   First Time

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? OPK. I came off of BC a couple months ago after being on them for 14 years so everything is wacky but normal. Just have no clue when I O. I read up on charting in the guide and picked up a thermometer but I didn't start on CD1 so if this cycle doesn't work I'll do it the next one.

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.) I am an accountant with a love of music. I am super active in my local theater group where I expect to start rehearsing for Footloose next month. No kids (yet) and no pets. other hobbies are crocheting and trying to make my DIYs look like the Pinterest pictures. 

• @nimmle - What CD did you start temping?
    Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017
  • @pebbledam I haven't yet started. I figured I will start CD1 next cycle if this cycle doesn't take. Could I start now? I'm on CD 9
  • @nimmle - I would go ahead and start. Depending on how early you O, FF might have trouble giving you CHs, but we have some awesome FF interpreters here that can help you! I don't usually don't start temping until CD6-ish, but I could actually start later. Ideally, you would want 6 temps before O-ing.
    Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017
  • @pebbledam Thank you so much! I will start tomorrow morning and see how it goes :)
  • @nimmle I agree with @pebbledam, you should just start temping! I know everyone is different, but I didn't start temping until CD8 this cycle and was still able to see a clear shift. Here's my chart so you can see (I'll put in a spoiler).