January 2016 Moms

Overnight diapers

Gina has been waking up the last couple of mornings with her diaper, pajamas and sleep sack soaked. I'm currently using Costco name brand diapers which I've been using since she's about 4 months old and never had this issue. I'm starting to think that she might need an overnight diaper. Do you guys use a different diaper than your daytime diaper at night? If so, what brand do you find works best for no leakage? 

Re: Overnight diapers

• nackienackie member
    We use the same brand (Bambo), but one size up at night.  That seems to prevent the leaks pretty well for us.
  • KFrobKFrob member
    We use Target brand in the same size for both day and night. But we tend to wear diapers a little big since Harper is a string bean and needs the bigger size for the length so that might be presently leaks. 
  • Loading the player...
  • We use Pampers, both day and night (due to allergies). Babies R Us sells extra absorbant diaper pads. They're just a sticky pad that I put in the diapers that absorbs a LOT of liquid.
  • We use huggies overnight ones. Although, she does wake up wet still sometimes. It seems like she saves a lot of pee for night time all the time lol. Even though she wakes up wet sometimes, regular diapers she would soak through in a few hours! 
  • We use Pampers, both day and night (due to allergies). Babies R Us sells extra absorbant diaper pads. They're just a sticky pad that I put in the diapers that absorbs a LOT of liquid.
    That's good to know! I had no idea that something like that existed. I just ordered the overnight huggies. If these don't help, I'm definitely going to order the diaper inserts. Thanks! 
  • My sister in law swears by sizing up at night with any brand and it will prevent leaks, so that what we did when Keat was littler cause he would leak through at night but now since he doesn't go to bed with a drink we don't have the problem anymore =) 
  • I've been using Huggies overnight for months now and have had good results!
  • When we tried sizing up, we couldn't get a tight enough fit on the leg hole. I broke down and got the overnights. We use the Target brand and it's the same price per diaper for regular vs. overnight, so I'm not too freaked out about it. Sometimes they weigh several pounds and sometimes they're dry as a bone. 

• We tried sizing up, night time diapers and the pads. Only thing that's worked is cutting her off from liquids an hour before bed. 
  • A few months ago we had that issue and switched to pampers baby dry.  We've been fine since then. Before that we used pampers swaddlers.  I thought I would continue to use during the day and switch at night to the new kind but the baby dry are actually a little bit cheaper and seem to be perfectly fine so we switched over completely. 
  • We use the Spoosie diaper booster pads with her regular (Pampers Cruisers) diapers at night.  Tried sizing up but it didn't do the trick!
  • Thanks, ladies! So far I have no leakage with the overnight huggies! 
  • We use the Spoosie Booster pads too. We sized up and switched to overnights. The booster pads are the only things that worked.