TTC after 35

IUIs and Chemical Pregnancy After MD Said Donor Egg Only Option. Keep trying????

I am 43 years old and was told by my doctor that the only option for me was donor eggs. I asked if we could try medicated IUIs.  My doctor said ok and we've had 3 IUIs so far.  I was first on Clomid which thinned my lining then I switched to Letrozole and responded well to that med.  I made 2 follicles each cycle.  My last IUI (intrauterine insemination) ended in a chemical pregnancy.   I have a consultation with my doctor soon and from what I was told by my case manager, after 3 failed IUIs, my only option is donor eggs.

The chemical pregnancy gave us so much hope because, I was able to get pregnant with my own eggs.  My husband and I took supplements, exercised, changed my diet, did acupuncture and reduced my stress level to help my fertility.  

If my doctor doesn't want to continue IUIs should I look for another doctor?  I can't afford IVF (in vitro fertilization) or donor eggs.  My IUIs were covered by my insurance.  

I was also thinking if donor eggs was my only option and if I couldn't find a doctor to do IUIs, I would try to use supplements (Co Q10, DHEA, Vitamin D, Melatonin), herbs (Vitex and Maca), and track my ovulation (BBT) on my own to try again.  What do you think?

Re: IUIs and Chemical Pregnancy After MD Said Donor Egg Only Option. Keep trying????

• I like your idea best.  I think it is promising that you did get pregnant on your own even though you lost it.  We can't afford IVF either and I am not even interested in that route.  I think it's great you worked on your health because that all goes together.  I myself take Maca daily mainly for energy as my DD wears me out on summer break :)  I've heard it's supposed to even out all your hormones.  Considering your age - it might be egg quality so I'd focus on anything you can to make that the best with natural supplements, fertility acupuncture and herbs.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This website is one that a friend sent me months ago

https://natural-fertility-info.com/

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi, I will be 43 next month and am having a difficult time too, coming up in August will be my third IVF and so far we've had nothing make it past 2 days to blastocyst stage. However, my doctor is willing to let us keep trying even though we know chances aren't in our side. To me it's encouraging you produced two follicles each time on Femara (letrozole)! I did two Femara IUIs and only had 1 follicle each time, for comparison. Plus your cp I think is encouraging- you were able to do this on your own! Maybe get a second opinion from another dr? Are you in SF? I was born and raised near there! Miss it so much!