Babies on the Brain
Options

Weekly Fitness Check-in 7/24

Good morning!  Let's get this going!
Image result for fitness funny

Current stats if you'd like to share!  (Usually starting weight, current weight and TTC goal weight.)

Fitness game plan for this week: 

Did you meet last week's goals?

Fitness goal for this month:

Anything else you want to share about your fitness plans/journey?  

Any rants or raves?  Frustrations?

GTKY: What is your go to healthy snack?

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Weekly Fitness Check-in 7/24

• Options
    Current stats if you'd like to share!  (Usually starting weight, current weight and TTC goal weight.)
    SW: 144.4      CW: 144.4     TTC Goal: Since we're already TTC, I'm trying to get healthier for if/when I get pregnant

Fitness game plan for this week: I want to walk 5 days this week. My goal is to walk for at least 30 minutes.  I also want to workout 3 times.

N/A

Fitness goal for this month: I want to workout consistently this month.

I want to eat healthier.  I'm going on a low carb/high protein diet.  I was on it when I got pregnant with DS.  I'd love to get on this and stay on it throughout pregnancy this time.

No, I'm good.  :)

I like fruit.  When I go back to school, I will most likely pack an apple and some almonds.

Anniversary

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    CW: 204 GW: Don't really have one 

Walking and yoga, eating more greens and less crap. Track carbs

Nope

Make good food descsions and walking and yoga at least three but aim for 5 days week

While I haven't been tightly tracking everything I thought I had been making descent choices so stepping on the scale this morning was a kick into my gut. I want to get pregnant but I hate that I'm potentially going into a pregnancy weighing what I weighed when I gave birth 

I like baby carrots, sugar snap peas and almonds 
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

SW: 125ish CW: 125ish GW: 119

Fitness game plan for this week: 3 runs per week, 9 miles per week

3 runs at 8.61 miles. Considering that I have to get up at 6:30am (even on days off) to beat the heat, I'm happy with that.

Fitness goal for this month: Running and just generally eating healthier (more veggies and salads with lunch).

I've been having a good time with my lunches in the past few weeks. It takes a little planning, but between all the great prepared salads/wraps that Trader Joe's offers it has kept me very interested!

Red peppers and hummus!

• Options
    SW: 145     CW: 142     GW: 130

Eat better and work out more, really shouldn't be that hard, right??

Nope. I've been at this since May

I know you can't really target where weight is lost, but firming up my belly would be great.

Nah

Rant: It really bothers me that it's a joke to tell young skinny people, "Oh, it'll catch up to you, hahaha!" It's my health, and now I'm struggling. It would have been nice if people helped me learn to make healthy choices when I was growing up rather than say, "sure, have more cake"

Fruit! Except that if I buy a bag of dried mangoes, I will eat the whole bag of dried mangoes! 
  • Options
    Hey all! I'm excited for this thread to get going!

Current stats if you'd like to share!  (Usually starting weight, current weight and TTC goal weight.) Not sure what I weigh at the moment, we don't have a scale at home (it's better for both me and DH that way haha) and so I pretty much just get weighed at doctor's appointments. Right now I'm in a healthy weight range and I don't have a particular goal weight, mostly just trying to improve my muscle-to-fat ratio. 

Fitness game plan for this week:  Trying to squeeze 2 workouts into this busy week, plus at least 1 on the weekend. I'll probably do yoga and Zumba/some other type of dance class. Also, not skipping any dog walks this week!

Nope, last week was a big ol' swing and a miss for me haha

Fitness goal for this month: Get into a more regular exercise habit cause I have majorly fallen off the wagon!

Over the last year or so I've improved my eating habits in several small ways and I've seen the payoff from that (about 12-ish pounds down), so I'd really like to keep improving that, and to get back to working out regularly.  I have PCOS and even with just this amount of weight loss I've noticed my periods are more regular, so if I keep getting healthier I think it'll get even better - then maybe once we start TTC I won't have such unpredictable cycles  :|

My frustration at the moment is how much time it takes to make healthy food... tonight I'm cooking us dinner and also making my lunch for the rest of the week so there goes most of the rest of my evening!  Oh well, it'll be worth it.

Fruit, mixed nuts, or string cheese!

@kimberbeep I got all those comments too when I was a little stick figure child/teenager!  I ate pretty much whatever I wanted as a kid (other than my mom making sure I had some vegetables/fruit each day) because no one was concerned about a skinny kid eating sweets, and I've had to un-learn so many bad habits as an adult.. it's tough.

@JennyColada I haven't been to Trader Joe's in a while but I may have to go get reacquainted with their ready made stuff. In grad school I lived off of their frozen meals!

@kindbytealikat Sometimes it takes a while for the good choices to be reflected on the scale. You got this!

@JNCPro3130 Our goals this week look pretty similar.  My walks with the dog are usually 30 minutes each night and I can tell a difference in how I feel just from that (compared to before I got her I mean).  Good luck to you!
  • Options
    @JNCPro3130 Yes, almonds!  I have to count them out, though, so I don't eat a whole bag at once.

@kindbytealikat. That's exactly where I am.  I really don't want to get pregnant weighing what I did while full term.

@diaphena We don't have a scale either, for the same reason.  And yes for string cheese!

@JennyColada We eat so much Trader Joe's.  Seriously, for us cooking at home means heating a frozen meal from there.  

SW: 192 at the doctor's office last week.
    CW: ?? No scale.  But presumably close to 192.
    GW: I guess 160 or so.  Really, I'd just like my clothes to fit better.

Fitness game plan for this week: Set a new daily calorie goal, more steps than average, some form of additional exercise (sit-ups, push-ups, climb stairs).  Start establishing what to pack for lunch to meet the new goal.

Pretty much.  But I was starving all the time using the calorie goal set by MyFitnessPal, so I have to figure something else out.

Fitness goal for this month: Establish better habits.

Honestly, I really don't want to get pregnant at this weight.  But I also don't want to wait to start trying.  I guess the silver lining to not getting pregnant right away is that I'll have more time to get in better shape.

Last time I gained weight, my boobs got bigger, too, which was a small bonus given my very small endowment.  But this time, I weigh more than ever, but now that I'm done nursing, my boobs are smaller than ever.  Plus, I'm still constantly hungry like I was when I was breastfeeding.  It's very depressing.

A hard-boiled egg with a little honey mustard.
  • Options
    @Secretstapler my SIL said weaning was hard for her because she was so used to eating a certain amount of calories while she was still nursing. My son is only nursing a few times a day, but I still have days where I am ravenous!

SW in January was 170
    CW: 140
    GW: 135 or thereabout 

I want to do at least 5 P90x3 workouts this week. I'm already behind since I didn't do one yesterday.
    I didn't really have any goals last week.
    I would really like to lose this last 5 lbs before TTC in September 
    I started the 21 day fix in January and have more or less stuck with Beachbody programs ever since. It's definitely the healthiest I've ever been.
    Now that I'm close to my goal weight, I've been struggling a bit with motivation to stay healthy. Also I've been waking up early (before 5) for work so I am tired.
    I love Larabars and those 100 calorie packs of nuts.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    Oh yay, I'm glad this is back!  This check in really helps keep me focused.  :)

SW: 215 CW: 194 TTC GOAL WEIGHT: 185 OVERALL GOAL: 150-160

I need to count calories.  That is the easiest and most effective thing for me, but I get so lazy about it.   My goal is to count calories every day this week.

I didn't really set any particular goals last week, but I did lose a pound, so that's awesome.

Count calories every day, walk 30 min 4-5 mornings a week, at home strength training 2x a week, ideally lose another 2 pounds.

I'm excited that I'm less than 10 pounds from losing all my baby weight!  I was 185 when I got pregnant with DD.  However, I was 15-20 pounds over my happy weight when I got pregnant, so I would love to lose that weight as well and be at about 165 when getting pregnant again.  Working hard to make that happen asap!

Not really at the moment.  Just been really, really busy with the new show I'm working on!

We've been having tomatoes with fresh basil from our garden and they're so good with just a little salt and pepper, I haven't even missed the burrata cheese we normally put on there (when I'm not dieting.)
  • Options
    @lalala2004. I stopped nursing four months ago, but I still feel ravenous some days.  I'm actually starting to wonder if I gained most of my weight in the last four months, since I still ate like I was nursing.

@maureenmce I love tomatoes and basil.  I really love them with fresh mozzarella, but I bet it is good on its own.  I think I need to get used to the idea that not everything needs cheese.
  • Options
    @Secretstapler the hormonal changes from weaning probably affect appetite, too.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    Popping in to say I'm really failing at this eating better thing. My fiance and I had the day off yesterday - we went out for breakfast (crepes!!), out again for lunch (pizza!!), I made broccoli cheddar soup for dinner (with a whole block of cheese!!), and then ate a whole pint of Halo Top for dessert (chocolate!!!). I do much better eating at work, because I only eat what I bring, but EPIC FAIL on weekends or evenings cause I'm home and want to eat all the things!! 

Any tips? 
  • Options

@kimberbeep just popping in to share my support: breakfast today was a donut and lunch was 2 slices of pizza and 3 jalapeno poppers.

That said, there's totally nothing wrong with "falling off the wagon" every once in a while, it helps keep life (and food) fun. All things in moderation and the most important thing (to me at least) is to just understand that those things are an every-once-in-a-while activity and not a daily regimen.

• Options
    Guys, I randomly bought and tried these veggie and egg white muffins today, thinking they'd be healthy but gross but...they're actually amazing!  And only 90 calories!  I'm always looking for healthy work snacks, maybe you guys are too?

https://www.gardenlites.com/superfoodveggiecakes/superfood-veggie-cakes-kale-quinoa-1
  • Options
    Guys, I randomly bought and tried these veggie and egg white muffins today, thinking they'd be healthy but gross but...they're actually amazing!  And only 90 calories!  I'm always looking for healthy work snacks, maybe you guys are too?

https://www.gardenlites.com/superfoodveggiecakes/superfood-veggie-cakes-kale-quinoa-1

Whoa! That is amazing! Is 1 filling enough for a light breakfast? I think 1 hardboiled egg along is almost that many calories and this sounds like a tasty way to mix it up! Definitely going to have to grab me a box of those!
  • Options
    @maureenmce, thank you for sharing! I'll check them out!

Anniversary

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @JennyColada I had two of them for breakfast this morning and so far so good, as far as them being filling.

Also, I did add a tiny bit of salt for flavor, btw, but I have a major salt tooth, so maybe they're fine without.
  • Options
    @maureenmce I have a friend that tried to trick her toddler into thinking those were cupcakes to get her to eat her veggies. LOL none the less it didn't work.
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @kindbytealikat LOL!  That's funny.  I should actually try that with my LO because she has very bizarre tastes (hates ice cream, loves caramelized onions, etc.) and maybe she'd like it!  (Probably not though, haha.)
  • Options
    JennyColadaJennyColada member
    edited July 2017
    I've always wondered if something like that would work! Lol. "Ew candy is gross huh? Yucky lollyops! But if you're good you can have some broccoli! Yum!"

eta: obviously my future kids are going to be super well adjusted with no baggage. Any child psychologist care to kill dibs now?
  • Options
    @kindbytealikat, lol that's too funny! My son doesn't have a sweet tooth. In fact, he and I went out to eat last night. I did well eating this week and ate well at dinner. I ordered dessert as a cheat. The waitress brought 2 forks. My son played in the dessert and actually got upset when chocolate got on his hand. He loves fruit but won't eat ice cream, pudding, or cake. Give the boy a bowl of blueberries and he's thrilled! No wonder he's so tiny and here I am trying to lose 15 pounds. Lol

Anniversary

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Current stats if you'd like to share!  (Usually starting weight, current weight and TTC goal weight.) CW: 123. No goal. Just wanting to tone up.

Fitness game plan for this week: Don't have one.. looking to join a gym in a week or two. 

Did you meet last week's goals? N/a

Fitness goal for this month: join a gym and get into a routine

Anything else you want to share about your fitness plans/journey?  I've always been fairly active but have slacked off since having DD due to time. I'm looking forward to placing my health as a priority.

Any rants or raves?  Frustrations? Just hard to find the time! Any free time I have, I want to spend with DD. It's way too hot here to go for walks but hopefully we can start that in September. 

GTKY: What is your go to healthy snack? Apple and peanut butter