March 2018 Moms

PGAL Check In (07-26 week)

Re: PGAL Check In (07-26 week)

• @ishmoney, thank you. :)

@Chillpr, fingers crossed that all goes well. I spotted in the first and third trimester with my now 2 year old son. (Still scary, of course.) And people can say such insensitive things around pregnancy/miscarriage.

• How far along are you? 9wks3dys

Any appointments coming up? 
    Yes. Tomorrow. I had an ultrasound at 6wks4dys because I had to go to the ER with severe pain. My 2nd one is tomorrow. I hope to hear his/her heartbeat.

How are you doing? (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here)
    I lost my almost 1 year old daughter last July due to a negligent doctor, and it's even harder than dealing with my miscarriages. I cry, and I talk to her, and I wrote my first letter to her on her 2nd birthday July 16th. My husband and I look at her pictures and share her memories. We haven't gone to counselling, though we have the opportunity to do so. But I feel we will eventually, being pregnant makes it harder for me. My co-worker bullied me into telling her, even though I wasn't ready. She noticed changes in my eating habits, and me feeling sick at work. But we are ok. I've only told a few other people like my mom, step mom, my sister and another coworker. I also had to tell my HR and benefits manager, and Supervisor and by extension Manager. Because I feel very sick some days and have to call out from work.

GTKY: What is helping you to relax this pregnancy? 
    On days that I stay home I sleep as much as possible. I'm in school as well pursuing a Masters in Health Care Administration, so I have to deal with that. Totally exhausted!!! I do the work when I feel up to it. I watch a lot of Disney channel, and just chill. Trying to stave off the negative thoughts.
  • Loading the player...
  • @Daylianna, I am so so sorry for your loss. I cannot even begin to imagine the pain you have felt. Please know that we are a supportive community and we want to be here for you throughout this journey in any way that we can. 
  • @justkeeptrying thank you very much for your support. I really appreciate it.
  • @Daylianna, welcome and I am so very sorry for your loss.  Any supportive resources you have are a blessing and I hope you find this community to be one of them.
    Me: 39 <3  DP: 49
    TTC since Jan 2017
    BFP #2 7/11/17 | EDD 3/24/18
    BFP #1 5/2/17 | EDD 1/12/18 | MC 5/18/17

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ishmoney thank you. All the best to you.
  • GG620GG620 member
    How far along are you?  7w 1d

1 more u/s next week with the RE, but he graduated me and I have an appt with an OBGYN on 8/21!

How are you doing? (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here). 
    Doing okay. I have way more symptoms with this pregnancy than I did with either of my two losses, so that is making me feel better. This is the first week since our IUI that I feel that I have not had an appointment and it is actually nice not to stress an appointment so much :) 

DH. He has been so great. Getting me any food that sounds remotely good and really picking up the slack since I have been pretty useless. Also my pup - pup snuggles all day

@justkeeptrying my parents and sister know, as well as a co-worker who knew about our IF treatments. That is all. I think DH's family suspects because I all of a sudden didn't do a 100-mile bike ride race I had been training for, but given our history of losses they won't pry. I am like you in that I still want to tell people, but DH doesn't want anyone to know so we will probably wait until 12 weeks to tell his family. Then a long, long while to tell the world.

@hullabalou I like how open you and your DH are. I think it is wonderful you posted during Loss Awareness month. Also -  9weeks, time is flying! So excited for you

@becausescience you will be in that u/s thread before you know it :) 

@eller-2 I hope that Friday wasn't too difficult for you *hugs*

@chasingroygbiv so excited for your next u/s!!

@dani103 I will be hoping so hard for a great appointment on the 8th for you! Stay strong!

@mdfarmchick So excited for your appointment this week! I hope that you get excellent news and it can help ease your PGAL brain <3

@sp128 good luck with your u/s today!!

@mchance100 good luck with your appointment today!

@chillpr ugh I am so sorry your co-worker is a douche canoe. IMO screw them. You do you.

@daylianna I am so sorry about your loss <3 This is a wonderful community of women who are supportive and understanding. Glad you have found us and will be hoping so hard for an easy and unexciting 9 months for you

BabyFruit Ticker

[spoiler]

Me: 28  Him: 30

Married: 11/15/14

TTC: 02/2016

IF DX: MFI (low count & morphology) & mild PCOS

June 2016 BFP - MC @8w2d

August 2016 BFP - MC @6w1d

June 2017 - 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI = BFP 7/6/17!!

Beta #1 = 422 (14dpo), Beta #2 = 810, prog - 12.3 (16dpo), Beta #3 = 5023, prog - 18.9 (20dpo)

[/spoiler]

• @daylianna I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months.
    Married 6/2013, TTC 9/2013.
    ***TW***
    MC 12/2013, Blighted Ovum 04/2014, CP 06/2014
    Began RPL testing 07/2014
    BFP #4 10/26/2014; Theo born 07/2015
    BFP #5 06/17/2017, EDD 02/28/18

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Daylianna I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine what that would be like. I hope you have a great 9 months.
  • ***TW ***  99%+ leaving soon

Was hoping today would go better...U/S measured only about 5 1/2 weeks, but I expected to be closer to 8 - 9 weeks.  I've been highly irregular since my D&C last year, so I could see 1 or 2 weeks off, but 3 or more just seems impossible. Since you often don't find a HB at 5 weeks he wants me to come back in one week to make sure, though if blood work comes back tomorrow with higher hormone levels that pretty much seals the deal.  In that case I just wish mother nature would have given me a heads up sooner so we can carry on with our lives. I guess it doesn't always work out that way, right?

Will check back in with the group if a miracle happens, but otherwise...it's been great to see the support in this group and other forums.  I'm thinking good thoughts for every one of you for happy and healthy pregnancies.  
  • I'm so sorry @mchance100 you didn't have a better u/s. I'm in a similar situation where baby was measuring behind and, while it had a heartbeat, it was too slow. I have to go back in a couple weeks to re check as well. I really hope things go well at your next scan for you and you get your miracle.

I'll be thinking of you.
  • @JournoGrl23 - Thank you for the kind words.  I'm praying for a good outcome for you as well.  
  • @mchance100 So sorry to hear this.  Hoping your dates are off and you get good news next week.  You'll be in my thoughts.
    Me: 30 H: 30
    Dx: PCOS
    Married: June 2013
    TTC#1: January 2015
    BFP #1 8/24/15 | MC 9/3/15 at 6w2d
    BFP #2: 12/12/15 | DD born 8/29/16
    TTC#2: June 2017
    BFP #3: 7/15/17 | DS born 3/20/18
  • Oh @mchance100 T&P. I'm praying for better news next week. <3
  • kiki75kiki75 member
    @mchance100 I am so sorry. I especially feel you on "In that case I just wish mother nature would have given me a heads up sooner so we can carry on with our lives." It's like the MC extra kick in the ribs while you're down. I hope that your ultrasound next week surprises and delights. Take care of yourself.

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • @mchance100, I am so sorry.  Hoping for time to pass as quickly as possible for both you and @JournoGrl23 until you have more certainty, and hoping for the best possible outcomes.
  • @SP128, great news!  I'm so glad all looks perfect today - it is a significant hurdle.
  • @mchance100 I am so sorry you didn't have a good ultrasound. Thoughts and prayers to you.
    Married 6/2013, TTC 9/2013.
    ***TW***
    MC 12/2013, Blighted Ovum 04/2014, CP 06/2014
    Began RPL testing 07/2014
    BFP #4 10/26/2014; Theo born 07/2015
    BFP #5 06/17/2017, EDD 02/28/18

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @mchance100, I am so sorry. I totally hear you on wishing Mother Nature had taken its course. I felt the same way with my MMC. Hugs, thoughts and prayers for you. 
  • @GG620 Thank you. All the best to you.
  • @hullabalou thank you. Have a great one too.
  • @JournoGrl23 thank you, I pray you have a great one too, and all the other moms.
  • @mchance100 I'm so sorry for what you're going through.  <3
  • My first appointment is tomorrow morning (I'm 8 weeks 5 days)  and I'm so scared I'm shaking. I'm shaking remembering the doctors face on our first ultrasound when she told us I'd miscarried. I'm so nervous I'm extra nauseous. I'm afraid if it happens again I won't be able to handle it. I can barely function at work because it's all I can think about. I just want a heartbeat. I just want that amazing first visit everyone has had. I want to walk out with an ultrasound pic and not another appointment for a D&C like last time. I wish I had some kind of text group chat to help me through tonight. 
  • @maureenbioni PGAL brain is the worst. I'm so sorry that you are struggling and I'm hoping that tomorrow you have the best appointment. Huge hugs. 
  • How far along are you?  6w 1d

1st appt and u/s in 2 weeks 

How are you doing? (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here). 
    Not bad. A little nervous and a little surreal. I just so vividly remember going in cheerfully for an u/s and it being an empty sac. Even though I've had a take home baby since then the memory is so vivid and it will be the same room.

Staying busy, Netflix, mindfulness

DD #1: 2012; MMC: 2014; DD #2: 2015; It's a boy! 3/31/2018

• @kiki75 I just <3 you and everything you said. 
  • Thank you @kiki75. I am working tonight so that helps. And we've been decently busy. my coworkers are supportive and making me laugh. I plan on watching Forensic Files with husband tonight, we love silly detective shows!.

I understand not everyone has amazing first visits. I left the world of social media because I couldn't watch people posting their 9 week ultrasounds to announce while I am biting my nails hoping I'll make it there.  I know I'm not the only one suffering. But in the moment you feel as though everyone around you has it all. It's just how I feel at the moment. It's  very lonely to not be able to tell anyone also, when so many people announce with no fear. ITs hard not to be able to say why I'm a mess tonight. 

My family is very supportive. I hate putting anything on them so I almost feel like if it's bad im letting them down too. Because then I hve to lean on everyone to get me through it.

just crazy PGAL thoughts that not many understand. That's why im very appreciate of this board. It's very helpful to know im not alone.
  • @maureenbioni I so know the feeling. Try to keep busy until like your a appointment as best you can. GO out to eat, a book is a good idea or a show that requires your full attention and is riveting (if you have hbo I recommends the Night of. Ozarks on Netflix is our currently binge too and both will keep your brain focused). Think binge. Keeping busy really helped me.

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• I had my first prenatal appointment today, and my midwife I said sending me for a follow up ultrasound thurs. last week I measure 5 days small but with a hb and I freaked. She truly didnt seem very worried which helps but was very understanding of my emotions. I love her lol. And I am so glad she isn't making me wait longer, only less than 48 hours. Fingers crossed for a week of growth.

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• maureenbionimaureenbioni member
    edited August 2017
     @pghctwife we weren't sure about Ozark but maybe we will try it! We love Jason Bateman.

WOrk died down so I'm trying to read a nursing book (I'm entering my last semester of nursing school) but keep reading the same sentence over and over so I'm probably going to put something on Netflix. (Don't tell the boss!)

its so so nice to Be able to say how I feel here! And have people understand.
  • @maureenbioni it's so good! Has a bit of a breaking bad feel. Jason Bateman is great. WE are 4 ep in. There was a line early in episode 2 that was possibly the most perfectly delivered straight faced verbal slap in the faces by bateman to Laura linney - I won't spoil it you'll know it when to hear it it. We were dying! 

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• I know. It is so hard when you feel like everything is working out perfectly for everyone but you. And that they are so certain of everything being great that they're just dancing in meadows while you're curled up sick with worry. One of the very few times I've ever said the F word to my mom was shortly after my MMC when I was furious that "Jenelle F#%*ing Evans" was pregnant again. 

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • @maureenbioni - I'm so sorry you're struggling and I've been there. I went to a lot of counseling after my first and second loss - and honestly - still go to counseling for tune-ups. And my best advice is don't "should" on yourself. Your feelings are completely legitimate and if you need a little extra support from your family - so be it. Validating your feelings and not feeling guilty for needing support (I really struggled with this) - takes a load off your already burdened shoulders. 

After I opened up to MH about my fears/anxieties - it felt like I wasn't alone anymore, I had spent so much time in my own head playing out different scenarios. So if you have to talk someone's ear off just to get to a place where you can function - then do it. 

There's no right way to feel - and you just have to do what you can do to keep pushing on. 
  • @maureenbioni, thinking of you tomorrow! I know how nerve-wracking that first appointment is. PGAL Brain seriously ruins these what should be exciting appointments. Praying you get to see a healthy heartbeat!
  • 6 weeks, 5 days and I am spotting light brown.  i will be calling my OB tomorrow.  I did have some bleeding with my DS and all was fine but that was around 9 weeks due to a SCH.  This along with the decrease in breast tenderness makes me feel like I'm done.  I don't have any hope left. 

Baby #1: BFP on 10/12/2011, EDD 6/24/2012 Born: 6/16/2012 Boy!

Baby #2: BFP on 11/11/2016, EDD 7/25/2017 - MC 1/2/2017

• @hdaley I torture myself about symptoms as well. My breasts aren't as tender today just the nipples and it scares me. But from everyone I talk to some people just have no symptoms and everything turns out fine. Let's try to be hopeful, as hard as it is.
  • @hdaley I'm so sorry about the spotting and loss of symptoms but I'm sending love, T&P your way. Keep us posted. I hope that your OB is able to reassure you tomorrow. <3