April 2018 Moms

PGAL - Week of 7/26

hedgepighedgepig member
edited July 2017 in April 2018 Moms
Getting this one started late/early (Friday instead of Wednesday, since we weren't here yet on Wed). This is a safe space for those who are pregnant after a loss. General TW for this thread.

How far along are you?

Any appointments coming up?

Questions?

How are you doing? (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here)

GTKY: What is helping you to relax this pregnancy?

Edited to add a "Questions" category.
TW
Me: 33 DH: 32
Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
Started TTC August 2016
BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
BFP: 2/27/20

Re: PGAL - Week of 7/26

• How far along are you?
    4w1d

I just had a basic intake appt at my OB office and some bloodwork yesterday. My next appt isn't for a month :(

Questions?
    What, if any, additional testing has your OB requested because of your loss(es)? Mine had me do a lupus anticoagulant panel, and I'm just curious if anyone else has done that one?

How are you doing? (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here)
    I'm doing surprisingly well so far... I don't think it has really sunk in, and I know that I'm subconsciously trying not to get too excited (like I did last time). It's still so early though, I'm afraid the anxiety is just waiting for me to let my guard down.

I keep reminding myself that nothing I can do will make this pregnancy any more or less viable, and that worrying will not only not help, but is bad for me and the baby.
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• How far along are you?
    3w5d

I had one yesterday completely by accident! I scheduled it 2 months ago to get the conversation started about fertility treatments and then got my bfp right before! I like my new OB (I just moved a couple of months ago). She took all of my concerns very seriously and ordered HCG, Progesterone, and a full Thyroid panel right off the back. Not sure when my next appointment will be...probably depends on the bloodwork

Questions?
    None at the moment

I'm not sure. I swing between wildly excited and tears which has been a bit exhausting. I'm hoping I can find some kind of peace soon.

@hedgepig I really like your approach and I think I'm going to try it. I'm trying really hard to stay present in this pregnancy but I admit that isn't my strong suit. I've always been a planner.
  • Loading the player...
  • pghrenpghren member
    @hedgepig I had the lupus anticoagulant test done when I was in the ER this winter for an upper respiratory infection. They said it was because of my history with losses

AFM
    How far along are you?
    3wk5days 

Bloodwork today and will be again on Monday. Should get my numbers Tuesday

Questions?
    Anyone else keep testing to make sure the line gets darker? I feel like it's my not so scientific confirmation that this is real and going the right way 

Going shopping with a friend for baby things for her 9 mo. Wishing I could safely skip over to the happy baby stuff buying part myself instead of the worrisome first tri 

Nothing. I'm pretty nervous. Glad I'm getting bloodwork done though. 
  • @allowachick I too have been peeing on all the things. I have heard that after a while they don't keep getting darker, and can even start getting lighter, so I don't think I'll keep going for much longer...
    FX for good betas!
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• How far along are you?
    4wks1d

My DR. wont see me until 8/11 for my first Beta.

Questions?
    How soon does everyone elses doctors let them get the Beta's.

I am super stressed about waiting 2 weeks to see the DR. I MC in December and I am so nervous to see what my numbers are doing and if they are properly moving in the right direction.

I only got a BFP yesterday so I am still completely excited and freaking out at the same time.
  • pghrenpghren member
    @alweldon86 my midwives let me get in for betas right away. I got bfp yesterday and I went today for my first set
  • @alweldon86 My doctor isn't doing betas at all for me. I guess I could insist, but I'm trying not to obsess too much, so maybe it's for the better.
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• How far along: 
    -today I am 4wks 2 days

- with my history we have a 6.5wk ultrasound scheduled Aug 12th

Questions?
    -not right now

How are you doing? 
    - I had blood work done this week so it didn't really start to sink in until I got good results from that. Hcg more than doubled in 2 days so I'm hopeful! During my last pregnancy I was hopeful and happy at this point too, just to be past a chemical pregnany. I'm hoping the 6wk u/s will help the positive vibes to keep coming! (Most of my losses have happened by 6 weeks)

- prayer and focusing on the positive; also that I'm feeling fatigue, hunger and mood swings--woo my body is in pregnancy mode
      :#:D

Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you?
    Around 5 weeks. I say around because my LMP and ovulation date give me different EDD since my cycles are longer than the average 28 days. 

I got my beta levels done this past week. They more than doubled in 2 days and are rising at around the same rate as my pregnancy with DS so I'm remaining hopeful. I have my first ultrasound at 8 weeks on August 18th but I'm going to try and get it sooner since I've had a history of losses. 

Questions?
    Not that I can think of. 

I feel like this one is going to stick but I've been super crampy like everyday so that's been scaring me. They're not like period cramps but they're cramps in that general area. Also, some lower back pain so that has me worried about an ectopic pregnancy...ugh. 

Knowing that worrying and stressing won't fix or change anything, my beta results I got back, and keeping my focus on my baby boy. He'll be 1 next Sunday! 

• I don't want to answer the questions, I just want to pop in and say I might be able to answer some questions. This will be my third living child, but I've had five miscarriages including one at 16 weeks. I've had all the tests, I have lupus and I have PKD. Yay triple high risk! I've had the lupus anticoagulant test- just a simple blood test and all the other test. Currently 4w2d with an edd of 4/6/18. I *feel* pregnant this time. It's great and awful. I took vitex last cycle, always take my vitamins and added a baby aspirin. I have a feeling I'm in for heparin shots, and if that's the case this is my last pregnancy. 
    Anyway, happy and healthy pregnancy to everyone here!!
  • @hurricane1212 Welcome! I'm so sorry to hear about all of your losses... take your time and join us when you feel comfortable. I really appreciate your willingness to share your experiences and any advice or information you may have.
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• Thanks @hedgepig! Same to you.
    I don't know if it makes it harder or easier that this pregnancy is with a new partner, too.
  • I recently went through a terrible divorce. My SO and I have been together for almost a year and have no immediate plans to marry. He's fine forever, but I'm no where near ready to get married again.
  • How far along are you?
    4w1d

I had my first quantitative hcg test yesterday and will go again tomorrow to see if they're doubling. Then I have my first ob appointment on Thursday to review the results.

Questions?
    Oh thousands, but nothing that can be answered except by a crystal ball.

I'm back and forth between super excited/cautiously optimistic, and completely sure that something's going to go wrong. It's such a roller coaster and I have to remind myself these changes are only in my mind and don't reflect anything that's actually happened.

Talking to my mom. She's fantastic at calming me down when my anxiety spirals.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• How far along are you?  3 wks 5 days

First appt is on the 28th.  I am resisting the urge to go get blood draws by the skin of my teeth.

Questions? Newp

How are you doing? (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here).
    I am a mess, and am driving myself insane with pee sticks.  Last month, I could see the pregnancy failing via lightening sticks, so every time I get a lighter result (since it's early my lines should be darkening), it ruins my day.  Just this morning I wasn't satisfied, and by this evening I got a nice darker line.  Stupid rollercoaster!

Uh...yes...relaxing, that's what I'm doing...
    BabyFetus Ticker