January 2016 Moms

Favorite toy?

Im just curious what everyone's favorite toy is right now. Or what you really love to have for them!
i just got a bag of small bean bags that are different colors (and the color names on each bag.) Evelyn loves putting them in her wagon and throwing them out again. I say the color names each time she grabs one. I think we'll get some mileage out of them!

Re: Favorite toy?

• Sounds silly, but a page of stickers leaves her occupied for well over an hour!! And shes obsessed with books. Sooo many books all day!
  • That's a cute idea, the bean bags. Luke loves books, his Leapfrog "computer", and wearing Mommy and Daddy's shoes around the house (even my wedge heels, haha)
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree on the bean bags, definitely a good idea. Ginas favorite things I would say are books too. The flip books, like where is baby's belly button. She also loves looking at photo albums! 
  • I bought this puzzle at Cracker Barrel, and it's taken up about 75% of Birdie's free time. I'm so surprised at how she can do the majority herself! She holds the piece over the puzzle, and says, "Noooo," until she finds the right spot! So cute. The other thing she plays with the most is her play kitchen. She's super into imaginative play right now! https://www.amazon.com/Learning-Journey-Learn-Colors-Shapes/dp/B00CI8FI68
  • KFrobKFrob member
    Harper is obsessed with all things related to her baby doll! She also loves this large foam Disney puzzle we have and her animal duplos. 
  • I agree on the bean bags, definitely a good idea. Ginas favorite things I would say are books too. The flip books, like where is baby's belly button. She also loves looking at photo albums! 
    Wheres babys belly button is a big hit in out house! Read it all day long. 
  • Haha I didn't know there was a book called where's babys belly button.  Olivia loves her belly button - and then likes to look for other people's belly buttons too which can be a bit more problematic (like if mommy is wearing a dress...).  May need to look that book up.  

I feel like we go through week long cycles with toys.  This week, our daughter has been obsessed with magnets.  We got a new fridge and found a box full of magnets (our old fridge was not magnetic somehow).  She puts them on & off the fridge, into a box, back on the fridge, piles them up and tries to sit on them, back in the box etc.  you get the idea, quite entertaining to watch and keeps her entertained for hours!
    Other toy favorites are balls, stuffed animals, books and boxes or anything that can open & close and have things in it, so Russians dolls (you know the wooden kind which open up and have smaller dolls inside one another) are a big hit.  She also loves listening to music and dancing.  We have a few music books where she can press on a button on each page and have some tunes play, those never get old!
  • Brynlee's favorite toy is whichever one her brother has... or is looking at... or that he MIGHT even be thinking about. No joke. 
    But, really she loves stuffed animals. Any giraffe toy we can find (we have a Little People giraffe with a zoo keeper that she LOVES). Otherwise, most "toys" aren't actually toys... she likes chip clips that she clips on her fingers or her nose, she likes big sister's sunglasses, and anything she can climb on...
  • Keaton loves cars, balls, and tools. He's a boy. He plays with cars a lot of the time, riding cars, car ramps, and little cars. He walks around hitting stuff with his toy hammer a lot! His favorite is for sure basketball though. He's a stud for a one year old. He spends a good 3-4 hours a day dribbling the ball and shooting hoops. We actually just built a basketball hoop ladder in our livingroom for him
  • nackienackie member
    Books are a big hit here.  As well as Tupperware, pots, boxes and the dog bowls.  Basically anything that isn't really a toy :)
  • Graham is a total boy and loves cars, trains, and airplanes more than anything. Dump trucks are his favorite. He also still loves his shopping cart. He's started to take a lot of interest in Legos lately as well! 
  • l4rkl4rk member
    Our phone! We ended up taking the batteties out of one of the cordless phones and just giving it to her as a play phone. LO also loves climbing, so chairs, tables and couches have become popular "toys".
  • nackie said::
    Books are a big hit here.  As well as Tupperware, pots, boxes and the dog bowls.  Basically anything that isn't really a toy :)
    Oh goodness, the dog bowls. Brynlee enjoys taking her stuffed animals "swimming" in the water bowl... then they get put in our laps or on the couch, sopping wet. She also loves beating the 2 food bowls together, or sitting in them. My poor dogs are always so confused. I have 110+ lb pit bulls that just give me the sad puppy eyes asking if this means it's time to eat? Lol
  • Rose's favorite toy is literally a ziploc bag that she fills with random stuff, mostly her socks.  She is OBSESSED and it is so weird and funny.  Books are still big, she likes to hug her giant stuffed bear, but it's all about the ziploc bag, lol.
  • The last maybe 3 days, Brynlee has become completely obsessed over small stuffed animals (think stuffed Tsum Tsum toys and Beanie Babies). She literally has been carrying up to 7 at a time, asking me to wrap them in blankets, and "nuggle" (snuggle) them nonstop. If I'm not snuggling them, she's screaming at me "walk, walk," but if I attempt to move with her stuffed friends, she loses it and wants them back... then immediately wants "walk walk" again. Not as cute as it was the first time she did this. This literally goes on for hours. 
  • Rose's favorite toy is literally a ziploc bag that she fills with random stuff, mostly her socks.  She is OBSESSED and it is so weird and funny.  Books are still big, she likes to hug her giant stuffed bear, but it's all about the ziploc bag, lol.
    I gotta try giving Gina a ziplock bag to play with lol 
    Funny you say that, Claire started playing with ziplocks last week and putting anything she can in them! 
  • nackienackie member
    We also have a fan of ziplock bags.  Zack likes to pull things out of the bathroom drawers and put them in bags
  • Poor patient pup.

• I can't stop laughing! My poor dog... his face! Brynlee insists on sitting in the dog's food bowl. 
    Friggin adorable!