TTC after 35

TTCA35 Weekly check-in 7/24

I figured it was time for a new thread. Let us know how you're doing!

Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment)

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable):

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?):

Rants/Raves
:

Questions for the group:

GTKY: 
What's been a bright spot in your summer so far?

Re: TTCA35 Weekly check-in 7/24

• As for me...

Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment)
    : BCP for next 3 weeks prepping for round 3 IVF

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): CD5

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?): Prenatals, baby aspirin, vitamin D, BCP then a lot of fun injections!

Rants/Raves
    : Time goes sooooo slowly when you're benched for an extra cycle! But at the same time I don't want summer to come to an end! A catch 22.

Questions for the group: none right now

GTKY: 
    What's been a bright spot in your summer so far? A family trip up to Badlands and Theodore Roosevelt national parks with great hiking!
  • edited July 2017
    Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment):   Benched

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): CD?

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?): sitting out still until September.. September I will start IUIs with injectables - no more pushing it out.... I decided to push it back from august to let me lose a little more weight before I start. right now I am down 50 lbs and want to lose 10 more lbs to get my BMI under 30 ... I am still taking prenatals, CoQ10, vitamin D, vitamin C

Rants/Raves
    : Rant: second cycle post loss... still bleeding intermittently... sometimes brown sometimes red....less than last month but it's still annoying

Questions for the group:
    I have started to research IVF in case we need to go that route next year - for anyone here who has done IVF what kinds of questions should I be asking the RE beforehand? I will probably go with a different RE than I use now because for the area she is expensive and it will be all out of pocket

GTKY: 
    What's been a bright spot in your summer so far? I've enjoyed spending lots of time with my DH not worrying about ttc and just letting my body heal and get healthy again
    Me: 36 years old   DH: 42 years old
    Married: 05.2012  
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016
    HSG/FSH/AMH/E2/SA all normal DX: unexplained IF

spontaneous BFP 01/01/2017-  Alexander was born sleeping 04/13/2017 at 19w1d  ic/chorio
    September 2017 HSG #2 & Gonal-F/Femara/Ovidrel/IUI #1 = ep (Salpingectomy of left fallopian tube)
    spontaneous BFP 01/02/2018  EDD Aug 30th  It's a GIRL!
    Cerclage placed on 03/02BabyFruit Ticker  Cerclage removal 08/02
  • Loading the player...
  • Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment): TWW

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): CD16 Had IUi yesterday

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?): Did femera, gonnal F and ovidril IUI yesterday also prenatal,vitamin D and CosQ10

Rants/Raves
    : Was beyond mad yesterday when they told us to go to the wrong office. My husband already produced his sample and once we got a hold of some it was already been 45 mins the other office was another 30 mins but hubby made it in 15 thank god they still did it but it did effect his numbers both other times they were 75 and 88 mil this time was only 55 mil but mobility was 95. 

Questions for the group: none at this time

GTKY: 
    What's been a bright spot in your summer so far? Hubby and I took a break and went to Massachusetts for a week. It was nice getting a way just the two of us.
  • @harleyquinn0621 awesome job on the weight loss! I'm trying to get my weight down now so that the doc doesn't focus on that as a reason pregnancy isn't happening. What did you do that you felt worked the best to get weight down?
  • @Labluver2 so you live on the east coast? I used to live in upstate NY and liked getting down to Massachusetts!
  • @harleyquinn0621 I second that about your weight loss! So much respect for sticking with it! My willpower has always been weak in that sense.
  • @june2016babyw @momifbysea thank you both :) after my loss to avoid getting depressed I focused on getting my body healthy..... low carb has been the biggest change... cut out all grains, sugar, starchy veggies etc and I run now which has become the way I clear my head .... My RE never mentioned my weight as an issue but when I saw her to set up a game plan she said it will definitely help
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016

spontaneous BFP 01/01/2017-  Alexander was born sleeping 04/13/2017 at 19w1d  ic/chorio
    September 2017 HSG #2 & Gonal-F/Femara/Ovidrel/IUI #1 = ep (Salpingectomy of left fallopian tube)
  • @Momifbysea yes I live in PA if I didn't hate winter and the cold could def move to Massachusetts.
  • Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment): 3rd failed IUI ended up as chemical pregnancy.  :( 

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): ???

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?):  Prenatals, was taking CoQ 10, Vit D, Bee Pollen, and Royal Jelly.  3rd Beta test to see if all HGC is at 0

Rants/Raves
    :  Asked my doctor for progesterone after my last IUI.  Doctor said I didn't need it.  At my last bloodwork when I got a BFP, the doctor said my progesterone was low.

Questions for the group:  How many IUIs do you do until you call it quits?

GTKY: 
    What's been a bright spot in your summer so far?  San Diego 
  • sfbaypeachykeen I'm sorry about your cp :(  when to stop IUIs is a hard one... statistically speaking I've read if it's going to work your highest chances are the first three and after that it tends to be less likely... however, in my case my insurance covers up to 6.... so I will do the entire 6 before I move on ... if you can afford to do additional IUIs and you are not ready to move on to more invasive treatments I would say do it until  you feel like you've reached the end of that road... I've read about women getting pregnant on IUI 6 or 7 so you definitely can
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016

• mdogan29mdogan29 member
    edited July 2017
    Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment): Benched. We're going to hold off TTC for a few months to focus on weight loss and make sure we're both healthy enough. My yearly OB appt is coming up and I'd like to also get my AMH checked again as well, last year it was 0.6.

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): CD1

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?): Folate, vitamin C & D and B12 shots.

Rant
    : This cycle has been weird/sucks. It's been tricky and painful. 

Comment for the group: 
    No questions, I just wanted to start checking in so I could get to know people on the board again (haven't been here in about 2 years) and help/encourage others if I can as well.

GTKY: 
    What's been a bright spot in your summer so far? Vacation is just around the corner!  :smile:
    ----
    ME: 40, DH: 44, stopped BCPS 1/2013, TTC #1 2/2013, AMH 0.4, started acupuncture: 7/2013,
    BFP: 10/07/2013; MC 10/15/2013 @ 7 wks (natural), focused on health issues for 7 months.
    TTC again: 6/2014, 2nd round Letrozole, BFP 7/7/2014!!! --- EDD 3/18/2015!!! DS born 3/13/2015
  • @mdogan29 welcome back! Ive been on here almost a year and a half now. Good to see some new faces!

@sfbaypeachykeen I'm sorry about your cp. this is such a ride. Not for the faint of heart that's for sure! As for IUIs, I saw what @harleyquinn0621 did about statistically most people having success by the third IUI if that was likely to work for them and my RE seconded that. We stopped after 2 failed attempts because of my age, an upcoming move, and as a result of that move, loss of IVF coverage so that's why we quickly moved into IVF. If I was younger and wasn't on the brink of losing awesome fertility coverage I would have probably done at least one more.
  • @harleyquinn0621 you asked about questions for IVF and tbh our clinic had a class on it which was A LOT of information and scary needles for me the needle phobe. By the second half of the course I was in an anxious fog and puked from nerves that night in a restaurant bathroom while out with my family. Bottom line is, I started out totally nervous but after having done 2 IVF a now up to the retrieval part anyway, no more nerves! Actually after DH did the first shot I was fine. It was the anticipation that was worst! I had some questions for the nurses along the way but it's kind of like you don't know what to ask until you're in the middle of it. I'm even blanking on what those questions were now! So as you get into it (if you go that route) I'm happy to answer anything I can! Btw the shots are not bad if you ice for 5 minutes first. 
  • Hi all - I just got back from vacation in AR. It was much needed fun family time. I'm currently not tracking cycles at least for the rest of this cycle and next. I finally feel I'm at a better spot emotionally and I finally feel nothing at all is wrong with me. Had a CP in December for those that are new. I just need some time off from the stress but we still are having unprotected sex. 

I did did have a weak moment today when I saw a FB preg announcement. I just feel like I see them all the time now. I remind myself of what I have to be grateful for but that sure as hell didn't work for me today.  Cue throwing a small bag and ugly cry. Dh was sweet though and hugged me as I cried. Can't wait until those moments get farther and further apart. 

I may possibly try clomid or femara in sept but I'm undecided as I felt that it will mess up the good state of mind I'm in right now. I'm healthier that I was 6 years ago so I'm not sure why it's taking longer this 2nd time around.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @vlagrl29 so good to see you back and hear you had some much needed time away! I applaud your mindfulness and knowing what "you" need. Hugs!
  • @vlagrl29 i'm glad you enjoyed your trip.... i totally get those 'moments'.. I still cry often ..... and pregnant women right now seem to be everywhere... surprisingly mostly at my gym.. i've been going to this gym for 3 years and the last couple of months there has just been tons of pregnant women... at first i thought it was my mind playing tricks on me but i finally mentioned it to DH and he said he had noticed it too .. suddenly a surge of pregnant women working out where we do - it's awful mentally for me 
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016

• well even DH has said I've gotten so much better the last couple months and he said it's ok to still have weak moments.  Just not what I expected.  I think it hit me hard because her DD is pretty much same age as ours and that's the age gap I wanted with our kids.  Usually I can shake off those announcements.  We were on vacation and I was actually seeing it as ok to have an only child if that's what is meant for us - then that happened.

Being mindful is really important for me mainly to keep my sanity.  There is so much beauty out there and the life I have now is really good.  Always constantly reminding myself to live in the moment.  I had a reiki session before vacation and it really helped me a lot.  She said something that struck a cord with me - I was happy before we started TTC #2 and I can be happy now.  Anytime I have a weak moment I try my best to turn it around.
  •  @sfbaypeachykeen - i find it odd your doctor didn't put you on progesterone when it was tested low at the BFP - do you know what the number was?  Progesterone won't necessarily prevent a miscarriage but can help.