Infertility

Introduction- Any Wisconsin IVFs out there? Hoping for some feedback on clinics.

So I was on this board probably about a year ago. In this last year I have been mainly keeping to the TTTC board, but I felt it was time to come over and introduce myself on here.

DH and I have been trying to conceive for over 2 years now.  We have been working with a GYN through a Women's Care of Wisconsin, which works with infertility, for over a year.  We have done 6 rounds of Letrozole, and are currently on our 5th round of Clomid.  We have had 3 failed IUI's (with a 2 month break in-between #1&2 and 1 month in-between #2&3, both due to cysts).  DH's count and morphology were all great, all my blood work came back normal, and I've had no scarring or blocks in my tubes so we are firmly in the 'unexplained category'.

This last week marked our 3rd failed IUI.  Yesterday we had a meeting with the GYN we had been working with to discuss options.  She felt that it was time DH and I started looking into IVF.  I spent the day yo-yoing between fine and big hot mess.  Today I am feeling much better and am filled with determination.  We are doing one low key cycle with Clomid and timed intercourse as a "filler" while we look at clinics.  

The nurse gave us a list of clinics in Wisconsin.  The two we are looking at more closely are Froedtert & The Medical College of Wisconsin Reproductive Center in Menomonee Falls and Generations Fertility Care in Madison.  Does anyone have any experience with these clinics that might be willing to give me some feedback on your experience?

We are also looking at a clinic in New York called CNY Fertility Center.  The nurse at our clinic said they have had 2 patients go through them and that they have really discounted rates.
Me:33, DH:38 Married: 8/2/2014
TTC #1 Since: April 2015
Unexplained Infertility

Cycle 1&2 : Clomid 50mg- BFN
Cycle 3: Letrozole 2.5mg- BFN
Cycle 4: Letrozole 5mg- BFN
Cycle 5: HSG-normal
              Clomid 100mg+ Estrace- BFN
Cycle 6: Letrozole 5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progestrone- BFN
Cycle 7: Letrozole 5mg, Cyst found during follicle check
Cycle 8: Birth control to treat left ovary cyst
Cycle 9: Letrozole 7.5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
Cycle 10: Letrozole 7.5mg, 2 Cysts found during follicle check
Cycle 11: Clomid 100mg+Estradiol+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
Cycle 12: Clomid 100mg- BFN
Cycle 13-16: Natural attempts while awaiting IVF 
Cycle 14: IVF-BFN

Re: Introduction- Any Wisconsin IVFs out there? Hoping for some feedback on clinics.

• Sorry you are here, but welcome! I actually live in WI and have seen or had consults with 5 REs in the mke/Chicago/ Madison area. I also am in a local Resolve group (including Facebook) where you could ask and get lots of opinions. Just private message me and I can give you my name and add you to the group if you want. Also happy to share my experience with the clinics I have been too. Another good resource is fertilityiq.com. 
    History in Spoiler

Age: 32 (same with DH). Together since 2006, Married June 2013 and TTC since August 2015
    Diagnosis: Mild Endo, DOR (AMH of 1.5), Poor Quality Eggs/embryos, Displaced Window of Implantation (ERA Post Receptive)
    March-May 2016: 1 TI and 2 IUIs- BFN 
    June 2016- Laproscopy- found/removed mild endo and confirmed only 1 normal healthy ovary.
    August 2016- IVF #1 with Antagonist Protocol- Cancelled (2 lead follies), converted to IUI- BFN
    Oct-Nov 2016- IVF #2 with Estrogen Priming Micro Lupron Protocol, 2 eggs retrieved, day 3 transfer of 1- BFN
    January 2017- New RE, IVF#3 with Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol, 12 eggs, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 day 5 early blasts transferred (none to freeze :(), BFN
    May 2017- Sept 2017- Starting Donor Egg process! Waiting for donor to be available... and then she is pregnant at baseline :(
    Oct 2017- Donor #2: 25R, 22M,18F, 12 blasts frozen! Fresh transfer cancelled due to thin lining with fluid :(
    Nov 2017- Hysterscopy to remove polyp
    Dec 2017- DE FET #1 on 12/8 on 2 perfect blasts- BFN and devastated
    Jan-Mar 2018- ERA #1- Post receptive by 24 hours, ERA #2 RECEPTIVE with 4 days of Progesterone
    Apr 2018- DE FET cancelled for lining issues :(
    Jun 2018- DE FET #2 of two 1AA blasts- first BFP ever! Beta 10dp5dt- 378, Beta 14dp5dt- 2840, Beta 16dp5dt- 4035, beta 18dp5dt- 10916. Due on 2/20 with one baby after a vanishing twin
    Baby Born born early @ 33.5 weeks due to Pre-e
    Back for # 2!
  • *lurking* *TW*

I went to froedtert after getting on the waitlist at froedtert, Aurora, and a clinic near Chicago (Advanced Fertility Clinic). Froedtert had lower ratings than the other two but I got in sooner and had two friends who had success there. Our diagnosis was pretty straightforward- one blocked tube, other ovary rarely producing eggs. I have a 3 year old so we were confident IVF would work, and luckily it did.

I had Dr Straum at froedtert and didn't love him... he wanted me to redo treatments (clomid, IUI) and I felt like I was pushing to do IVF. But once we agreed on our plan (we both met and insisted on IVF) the clinic was great. Walked me through step by step and called to follow up on questions. They do push for one embryo transfer vs 2 but we didn't want to risk twins (I have complications delivering) so that was fine.

ive had friends at both Aurora and the Chicago one, my friend at Chicago was also unexplained and spoke so highly of them. If I wasn't finding care for my daughter I would've gone there.

best of luck to you!!
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm in Appleton, Wisconsin and drove all the way to Madison so I could stay with Generations Fertility Clinic. I have had a wonderful experience with them. 
  • @Lavendar83 Thank you.  We actually did decide to go with Generations, we have a consult appointment in November
    Me:33, DH:38 Married: 8/2/2014
    TTC #1 Since: April 2015
    Unexplained Infertility

Cycle 1&2 : Clomid 50mg- BFN
    Cycle 3: Letrozole 2.5mg- BFN
    Cycle 4: Letrozole 5mg- BFN
    Cycle 5: HSG-normal
                  Clomid 100mg+ Estrace- BFN
    Cycle 6: Letrozole 5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progestrone- BFN
    Cycle 7: Letrozole 5mg, Cyst found during follicle check
    Cycle 8: Birth control to treat left ovary cyst
    Cycle 9: Letrozole 7.5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 10: Letrozole 7.5mg, 2 Cysts found during follicle check
    Cycle 11: Clomid 100mg+Estradiol+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 12: Clomid 100mg- BFN
    Cycle 13-16: Natural attempts while awaiting IVF 
    Cycle 14: IVF-BFN

• Tw- children mentioned. 

Late to the party here, but we had success with Aurora and got pregnant with twins from our second transfer, first fet. We are going back this fall to start the process again. 
    I am glad there are a few fellow SE WI girls to connect with this time around, although it's not the best reason to connect, it sure makes it easier to not feel so alone.
  • Ladies, I help lead the SE WI Resolve support group if any of you would like to join! We have a Facebook group and meet up once a month in person. It's been so nice getting to know others in the area, so just PM if you are interested in joining! 
    History in Spoiler

Age: 32 (same with DH). Together since 2006, Married June 2013 and TTC since August 2015
    Diagnosis: Mild Endo, DOR (AMH of 1.5), Poor Quality Eggs/embryos, Displaced Window of Implantation (ERA Post Receptive)
    June 2016- Laproscopy- found/removed mild endo and confirmed only 1 normal healthy ovary.
    August 2016- IVF #1 with Antagonist Protocol- Cancelled (2 lead follies), converted to IUI- BFN
    Oct-Nov 2016- IVF #2 with Estrogen Priming Micro Lupron Protocol, 2 eggs retrieved, day 3 transfer of 1- BFN
    January 2017- New RE, IVF#3 with Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol, 12 eggs, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 day 5 early blasts transferred (none to freeze :(), BFN
    May 2017- Sept 2017- Starting Donor Egg process! Waiting for donor to be available... and then she is pregnant at baseline :(
    Oct 2017- Donor #2: 25R, 22M,18F, 12 blasts frozen! Fresh transfer cancelled due to thin lining with fluid :(
    Jan-Mar 2018- ERA #1- Post receptive by 24 hours, ERA #2 RECEPTIVE with 4 days of Progesterone
    Jun 2018- DE FET #2 of two 1AA blasts- first BFP ever! Beta 10dp5dt- 378, Beta 14dp5dt- 2840, Beta 16dp5dt- 4035, beta 18dp5dt- 10916. Due on 2/20 with one baby after a vanishing twin
    Back for # 2!
  • J1006J1006 member
    @suchaglencoco. My last IUI cycle just failed and we are moving to IVF. we will also be using Aurora. Glad you had success with them!
  • @JamieH2000, I'd love to join up eventually, but am a little worried about stranger danger. Can I join with my generic Facebook profile? I made it back in 2015 when my birth month board split up into small groups and I used it until I became comfortable.

@J1006, I used them back in 2015 and used the doctor that just left in February. We only worked with the current doctor a handful of times.
  • @suchaglencoco- sure! Just private message me your generic name and I'll try to find you. I have to friend you to add you, but then you can unfriend me if you want! 
    History in Spoiler

Back for # 2!
  • @hoffmanr7 I'm glad to hear that. I wish you the best. We worked with Dr.Broadwell and I really like her and her staff.

TW -child mentioned.

I have them to thank for my almost 3 year old son and I am currently pregnant. We did one fresh IVF and two FET with them. 
  • ReesaAnne16ReesaAnne16 member
    edited July 2017
    We didn't love Generations when we did our IUI's there; (folks doing IVF might have a different experience with them, as IVF seems to be their main focus).

We switched to Wisconsin Fertility Institute (also Madison) and feel much more comfortable with Dr. Pritts. We also switched so that we could have more options of a low-stim (mini) IVF which Generations would not even consider. 

Me 34 DH 36 Married since July 2010 
    MFI (High DNA Fragmentation) & Mild endometriosis
    TTC #1 since June 2015 
    Aug 2016 - May 2017  6 IUI's with letrozole - BFN
    April 2017 - laparoscopy to remove mild endo
    June 2017 - Mini IVF letrozole 12.5mg, Gonal-F 75IU - Cancelled early ovulation, no eggs retrieved. 
    Aug/Sept 2017 - Mini IVF letrozole 12.5mg, Gonal-F 75IU, cetrotide - 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature
    5 eggs ICSI'd 6 eggs frozen - 1 day 5 blast transfered, 2 expanded blast frozen - BFP!
    May 2018 - Baby girl born - Our Joy

TTC #2 since July 2019
    July 2019 - FET - BFN
    Jan 2020 - FET - canceled due to family health issues
    Mar 2020 - FET - low beta - chemical pregnancy
    July 2020 - ICSI'd remaining 6 eggs - 3 fertilized - 2 survived to early blast stage, transfered both - Chemical Pregnancy

• @reeseanne16- I remember you through the previous boards! I had a consult and LOvEd dr pritts. Most compassionate doctor I have ever seen. I couldn't go to her since she wasn't in network but otherwise she would have been my first choice!
    History in Spoiler

Back for # 2!
  • J1006 said:
    @suchaglencoco. My last IUI cycle just failed and we are moving to IVF. we will also be using Aurora. Glad you had success with them!
    When are you moving to IVF?
  • J1006J1006 member
    We want to take a little break. We just finished 4 cycle of IUIs.  We arent sure yet, but I would like to do it next summer. I work at a school and with all the appointments, I figured it would be best to do it on summer break. 
  • That makes sense. Trying to work around appointments with a teaching job sounds horrendous. 
  • J1006J1006 member
    I'm the librarian, but have a fixed schedule. Every appointment I had for my IUIs I had to get someone to cover my classes for me. I told my assistant principal why I was having so many "doctor appointments" and she was very supportive and understanding. A couple teachers started the rumor that I was pregnant and was going for ultrasounds. I work with a good friend who knew I was getting IUIs so she helped battle that one.  I just figured less stressful this way. 
  • That's so obnoxious that adults would spread rumors like that.
    The appointments can be so overwhelming and I don't think anyone who hasn't gone through it really understands the struggle. It's a lot to drive to and from the appt, then need to wait, then needing to have the actual appt and want to ask questions, but hold back because you're looking as time ticks away.
    Tw- 
    I stopped working after our last loss. It got to be too much back and forth and trying to explain what was going on to everyone. And honestly,  the stress of it all wasn't worth it for us.