February 2018 Moms

Thursday Ticker Change 7/27

1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 

2) How are you feeling?

3) Any appointments this week?

4) Rants/Raves/Questions?

5) GTKY: If time and money weren't an issue, what would be your dream vacation?

Re: Thursday Ticker Change 7/27

• clc515clc515 member
    1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 13 weeks! Wee babe is the size of a lemon or large macaron!

2) How are you feeling? I'm noticing the MS isn't as bad as before, but still can't keep down everything if I've eaten too much in one sitting. 

3) Any appointments this week? Had a doctor's appointment yesterday: heartbeat is strong and all the vitals and tests are normal so far. Also had to give blood a 2nd time for NIPT cuz the first one didn't have enough fetal fluid. Oh, and my dentist appt, where I learned that maybe I can get a cleaning every 3 months, just have to ask insurance if they'll cover cuz I'm preggo!

4) Rants/Raves/Questions? I am actually in a good place right now sooooo not right now!

5) GTKY: If time and money weren't an issue, what would be your dream vacation? Round the world whirlwind tour maybe? But top of my list are still to see the pyramids in Egypt or maybe do a Nile cruise to see all the sites, and a trip to Antarctica so I can say I've been to all 7 continents! 
  • 1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 11 weeks!

2) How are you feeling?  Still pretty crappy, but I'm noticing a slight improvement over where I was a couple of weeks ago.  I'm really hoping it's starting to taper off.

3) Any appointments this week?  I had an appointment yesterday and everything seems to be on track.  Took a bunch of bloodwork, including the Harmony test so after I find out the results of that I will feel comfortable announcing the pregnancy to everyone.  Plus finding out the sex is a huge bonus!

4) Rants/Raves/Questions?  I just want the nausea to go away and my normal appetite to come back.  I'm living off cereal, yogurt, apples, and Little Caesars at the moment.

5) GTKY: If time and money weren't an issue, what would be your dream vacation?  I love to travel and am fortunate that I get to go to a lot of interesting places for work, but my dream is to live on a boat for like 2 months and island hop in the Caribbean.  Right now I'm also trying to plan a brief babymoon since we didn't go anywhere the first time around and I'm really annoyed that everywhere I want to go has Zika.
    DS 2.07.15
    #2 due 2.15.18
  • Loading the player...
  • 1) How far along are you? How big is baby?  
    10 weeks a strawberry 

2) How are you feeling?
    Feeling pretty miserable.  Still nauseous even with zofran, but at least I can sort of function.  And SO tired!

None.

My sweet SO is feeling neglected.  I just feel bad and want to be left alone.  He's being sweet, taking care of me.  But he wants to cuddle and talk.  Then I feel bad for not wanting to spend time with him.

I would love to visit exotic beaches all over the world.  I would also love to explore Europe.  Finally, I would love to go to Africa on a safari (pictures only, definitely not hunting).
  • @clc515 that's annoying you needed to redo your blood draw, I hope they got enough this time.
    @amb1216 I hear you on the Zika! I would love a caribbean beach resort getaway right now.

1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 11 weeks- Brussels sprout according to Ovia and Lime according to the bump. I feel like brussels sprouts are way smaller than limes, no?

2) How are you feeling? It really depends on the day. Today I feel pretty good, yesterday I got sick twice so I don't even know what to expect anymore.

3) Any appointments this week? Nope, I have my NT next Thursday.

4) Rants/Raves/Questions? Nothing major going on here.

5) GTKY: If time and money weren't an issue, what would be your dream vacation? Greece or Spain, or both! I've always wanted to visit those countries and haven't gotten there yet. I am also dying for a Caribbean vacation but that's obviously not happening anytime soon. 
    TW*** Child and loss mentioned
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    PCOS/Ovulation Dysfunction 11/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    Laparoscopy 3/17 Endo and tubal damage
    IVF- 4/17- 40 eggs retrieved, 10 blasts, 7 pgs tested embryos
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • @clc515 - OMG, another blood draw? I am not a fan of blood draws, so I feel your pain! I just got my teeth cleaned today, and didn't know that I could get them cleaned every 3 months! The next time I go is in January!
    @brooklyngirl18 - I was in Spain for my honeymoon a few months ago! I loved it there!

1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 11 weeks - a lime. I have a lime at home, and they're huge! I agree with @brooklyngirl18. I feel the babe is probably closer to a brussel sprout!

2) How are you feeling? Today is a good day, so far. Last week was awful! Very nauseous. I walk to/from work, and the smells in this heat are terrible!

3) Any appointments this week? Not until Aug 8th. Waiting on NIPT results from last week! 

4) Rants/Raves/Questions? None right now.

5) GTKY: If time and money weren't an issue, what would be your dream vacation? I would love to visit Europe again! Also, I hear many good things on New Zealand! 

I'm 11 weeks 3 days. Baby is the size of a lime, according to this app!

2) How are you feeling?

Feeling much better than I was, but still slightly nauseated most of the time :(

No appointments until September!

Sleep is something that just isn't happening these days. When I do try to go to bed, I just squirm around in a constant state of half-consciousness.

I love watching Ancient Aliens, not necessarily for the theories they present, but for all the sites around the world, of ancient civilizations. I would travel to any one of those places in a heartbeat! Especially Egypt!

Ps. Marathons ALL day Fridays on the History Channel :)
  • 1. 11 weeks - lime

2. I'm having more good days now than bad, which makes me happy.  Definitely noticing more energy some days!

3. I had my last RE appt. on Tuesday.  Got to see LO and a string HB of 168.

4.  Disney in 2 weeks...can't wait!

5.  Egypt, Australia, Alaska 
  • @tally26 ok I LOVE Ancient Aliens...my wife tells me I'm a nerd but I live for that show! 
  • starlastarla member
    1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 
    11 weeks. Lime

2) How are you feeling?
    Good! Had some RLP yesterday, which is reassuring. Still have sore (and hard!) boobs, a little bit of nausea, tired sometimes, and having vivid dreams. The bloating has gone down. 

Had a quick MW appointment today to see if she could hear the HB. She couldn't find it although thought she heard something faint a couple times. She assured me that the strong blood to the placenta was also a good sign. She thought baby was probably behind my pubic bone or behind the placenta. Enhanced prenatal screening next Wed. 

Nope. 

I'd spend like 3 months traveling all over Italy. That or go to Japan, Bora Bora, Galapagos, or Hawaii... or all of the above!
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

• @mamajenna_cnm I literally sit on my butt all day on Fridays and watch it until my husband gets home! It's addictive!

*12 weeks* happy dance! So ecstatic to be one my way out of the first trimester. Baby is plum or hampster sized. I really do not get these size comparisons! 

2) How are you feeling?

Better than a few weeks ago thank god. Still tired but symptoms are dwindling. i noticed a couple of new things this week. My linea Mehta is light but visible. And I have a tiny bump that's noticeable if you're looking. That's so cool. It's not bloat anymore. 

I had my first ultrasound on Tuesday! It was the best. First time hearing the heartbeat too. I feel dreamy and so relieved that all is well. 

probably first week since I found out that my main feeling is excitement. 

Tour of Europe for sure. Spain, Greece and the islands there, Italy. What a dream! I also want to second the bummer that is Zika. If it were only three years in the past I could head to Mexico or Costa Rica for the babymoon and not San Diego. Which I'm sure will be nice and fun but still. 
  • clc515clc515 member
    @jennifer_m21 RE: dental cleaning. The dentist said that Obamacare/Medicare offers cleanings every 3 months for preventative treatment for pregnant women, so I should ask my insurance company if they'll do the same thing. I haven't called yet but it's on my to-do list, cuz otherwise my next official cleaning is in Jan!

@awb1216 I can't wait to find out the harmony test results! I'm also waiting til we get them before we make the wide spread announcement, which I think is driving my family crazy cuz they want to tell everyone lol. That may be part of the reason I'm waiting, too, I'm so mean haha.

@olitwinturbosnprincess I do want to take a photo safari too one day!
  • clc515clc515 member
    @starla I'd def do all of them if $ were no issue! Italy is actually my absolute my fav country to visit (so far). The history, food, and people <3 

That zika thing is a pain in the butt. I don't thing it's going away anytime soon since now it's basically categorized like yellow fever and typhoid - something you just deal with when travelling somewhere. Crazy right! We waited several months after visiting St Lucia to start TTC just in case, cuz doc said it'd be out of our systems in a few months (I think recommended is 6 to be extra sure) .