May 2017 Moms

Roll Call & GTKY Summer Edition

1. How many weeks postpartum are you?

2. If returning to work, are you back to work? If staying home,  is your SO back to work? Any issues/concerns?

3. Has your family gone on a trip this summer or planning on one? Details please plus include any travel advice.

4. What was your favorite place to go to during the summer and why?

5. Any new summer recipes to share? Dishes and drinks...

6. Favorite brand of kid clothing so far?

7. Add anything here...

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

Re: Roll Call & GTKY Summer Edition

• 1. How many weeks postpartum are you? Almost 9

2. If returning to work, are you back to work? If staying home,  is your SO back to work? Any issues/concerns? DH is back to work, we've fallen into a routine that needs a bit tweaked for DD's (2yo) sake

3. Has your family gone on a trip this summer or planning on one? Details please plus include any travel advice. Lol no, but hopefully we can afford to do something like this later

4. What was your favorite place to go to during the summer and why? As a child, it was the lake with my grandparents, honestly anything outdoors...we live in the desert now so my adult self prefers the AC and a comfy couch

5. Any new summer recipes to share? Dishes and drinks... DD and I made Jell-O popcicles, just freeze instead of refrigerate and you have toddler-friendly, less mess cold treats

6. Favorite brand of kid clothing so far? I'm always partial to carters, the fit has always been more accurate in my eyes...plus it's cute

7. Add anything here... Just happy to see some activity on the board

• Loading the player...
  • 1. How many weeks postpartum are you? I've lost track... Baby is 2 months

2. If returning to work, are you back to work? If staying home,  is your SO back to work? Any issues/concerns? My H took a week off and has been back to work for awhile. I envy all of the sleep he is getting in another bedroom. He goes to bed around 930pm and Wales up about 7am and then will say he's tired and needs a nap. Ridiculous....

3. Has your family gone on a trip this summer or planning on one? Details please plus include any travel advice. In about 2 weeks we are going with another family to their lake house. We shall see how that goes . my LO is super fussy every evening and it takes me forever to get him to sleep. Im nervous about waking the children with a crying baby. Also the 4 hour car ride with a toddler and newborn likely will be a nightmare.

4. What was your favorite place to go to during the summer and why? Northern Michigan, so beautiful and relaxed.

6. Favorite brand of kid clothing ? Kohls has jumping beans baby separates. The material is actually pretty nice and I love the modern prints. I'm so sick of all the Carter's crap and all the little sayings.

7. Add anything here... Today my H made a comment.. Something along the lines of.. Oh if we have a third kid it would be fine.. I was thinking yeah fine for you because you barely do anything during the baby stage! My H barely participates in the care of our newborn. He thinks he is on toddler duty and is free at 8pm when the toddler goes to bed. I keep telling him he needs to participate more with the newborn but so far he hasn't listened. Its annoying.

• mcvgalmcvgal member
    1. How many weeks postpartum are you? 21 weeks this Friday

2. If returning to work, are you back to work? If staying home,  is your SO back to work? Any issues/concerns? Been back at work for a while and we seem to have our morning routine set. However, DS1 starts Kindergarten in 3 weeks and I still haven't figured out how we will handle mornings then.

3. Has your family gone on a trip this summer or planning on one? Details please plus include any travel advice. No trip yet, but I am looking at maybe St. Louis over labor day weekend. DH wants to drive to Chicago, but that's an 8 hour drive. I am not sure I am ready for an 8 hour drive with all the kids yet.

4. What was your favorite place to go to during the summer and why? Growing up we didn't travel much in the summer because we would go to Mexico for a month in the winter. We did go to the Ozarks/Branson a few summers but nothing too memorable.

5. Any new summer recipes to share? Dishes and drinks... Not new, but I made sangria the other day and it was very refreshing, just right for summer.

6. Favorite brand of kid clothing so far? carters and cat and jack. I will say that I prefer the simplicity of boys clothing. DD has so much pretty clothes but they have normal buttons around the collar instead of snaps.

7. Add anything here...

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• mrsrep123mrsrep123 member
    edited July 2017
    @OmegaRose3 those popsicles sound genius. We made some from a smoothie mix MH created... soooo good.

@lrwardrop That sounds super frustrating, and annoying like you said, about your H's lack of newborn duty participation. Mine was like that early on because we decided he would be on toddler duty and I would be on newborn duty since I was also making the breast milk, lol. Once I weaned, i just started including him (more like delegating) and it seemed to work. I mean, I still handle most of it, but he'll step in to feed, change diapers and play with him too. And lol to "Carter's crap." We do tend to steer clear of the sayings though! 

@mcvgal kindergarten?! Wow! I'm not ready for that yet, lol! You also reminded me of how much I miss sangria! 

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• @mcvgal sangria Sounds yummy. Especially since I've been dealing with cranky kids today. I've never had home made, just the peach kind at carabbas which is delicious.

@mrsrep123 I like the quality of Carter's stuff it seems to hold up well but why does almost everything have a saying on it? They need to get with the times lol.

@OmegaRose3 those popsicles do sound good
  • mcvgalmcvgal member
    When I make a red sangria I usually eyeball the amounts of liquor, but it's pretty similar in taste to the berry sangria from Olive Garden.
    1 bottle red wine
    1/4 cup triple sec
    1/4 cup brandy
    1/4 cup orange juice
    1 diced medium apple
    1sliced orange 
    1 sliced lime
    1/2 cup frozen strawberries in syrup

throw everything together in a pitcher and the top with a splash of sparkling water or sprite.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• Hi everyone!!

1. How many weeks postpartum are you? 10.5

2. If returning to work, are you back to work? If staying home,  is your SO back to work? Any issues/concerns? We're both back to work. The hubs took a week and I took 10, so I just went back this past Monday. It's hard... 

3. Has your family gone on a trip this summer or planning on one? Details please plus include any travel advice. We take a lot of weekend trips as my husband races when he's not working for our family business. Will travel next month to visit my parents which is about an 8 hour drive! Pray for me!! :smile:

4. What was your favorite place to go to during the summer and why? The pool!

5. Any new summer recipes to share? Dishes and drinks... I'm not much of a cook, so I got nothin!! 

6. Favorite brand of kid clothing so far? Carters/Osh Kosh and Cat & Jack

7. Add anything here... I usually just linger, but I appreciate everyone's advice and sharing their experiences!!

• @lrwardrop @mrsrep123 I like the Carter's stuff without sayings as well...I prefer cute patterns and color blocks over sayings any day.

The popcicles were super easy and they were a hit with DD. I like having easy snacks and anything less messy because DD seems to think I'm a human napkin.
  • 1. How many weeks postpartum are you? 10

2. If returning to work, are you back to work? If staying home,  is your SO back to work? Any issues/concerns?

Not going back to work. H is job hopping, it's annoying but a minor issue.

3. Has your family gone on a trip this summer or planning on one? Details please plus include any travel advice.

It's winter, is not answering the summer questions.

2 Boys, if it's cheap and lasts more than 10mins, it's fine.

7. Add anything here...

I'm annoyed because I am still EBFing and AF has returned this week.  :#

Me - 22  |   DH - 32   |  Married - 24 May 2014
    DS - January 2014 
    TTC#2 - December 2015
    BFP - 6 March 2016  |  MC Confirmed - 21 March 2016
    TTCAL  |  April 2016
    CP  |  June 2016
    CP  |  July 2016
    BFP - 25 August 2016  |  Due Date - 11 May 2017
  • @mrsrep123 congrats on the new place! That salad dressing sounds delicious! Please post when you figure it out! I am sad too I know I totally dropped off once LO was born but I am trying to get back to posting on here!

@lrwardrop I hope DH starts helping out with baby duties to take some pressure off of you!

@mcvgal sangria sounds delicious! I am too lazy to make it in advanced!

12 on Saturday!

Both back to work full time. My job is sort of flexible though so I can leave early/come in late as needed for appointments and such. I started working from home when LO was 2 weeks old and came to the office around 8 weeks pp. Thinking about asking if I can work from home on Fridays since they are generally slow and need more time with LO! I am afraid that during the week DH and I don't get enough time with the baby.

Nope! We are not brave enough to travel with him yet! The most we do is the grocery store. We are playing with the idea of taking him to port this weekend to walk around and such so we will see how that little outing goes!

We usually spend a lot of time outside, usually every Sunday was beach day! We also would frequent the wineries or breweries. This year we obviously stepped back from all that but I think soon we will go to this new cider house and see if the parents can watch LO.

Nope! Everything we cook lately is pretty bland and thought of at the last moment!

6. . Favorite brand of kid clothing so far? 

Carter's! It seems to be the only brand that fits true to size for us! Koala Baby runs too small and the Ralph Lauren DH's parents got us is too big!

7. Add anything here...

Just wishing I had more waking hours spent with LO during the week but we definitely soak it all in during the weekend! I know I dropped off as soon as LO was born but I am trying to check in more regularly! The immediate PP  period was rough with recovery and everything but now things are leveling out!

Married: June 2011
    TTC #1: September 2015-January 2016
    BFP #1: 1/25/16 - MMC Diagnosed 3/22/16
    TTCAL: June 2016
    BFP #2: 8/26/16 - EDD 5/9/17
    Jackson born 5/6/17 at 8:36 PM - 9lbs 5oz & 21in
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. How many weeks postpartum are you?
    10 weeks and change

DH went back to work 2 weeks PP. It's been great hanging out with LO and she's pretty mellow. H works 4 tens so he's home Friday through Sunday.

We went to a family reunion, just driving back now. It's a 7 hour drive. We packed her pack and play plus her portable bassinet with us... Ok along with her boppy lounger a suitcase full of clothes etc. I formula feed so we packed ready made for the drive plus all the extras in her diaper bag. What really helped was waiting until she woke up in the morning, had her first bottle and was changed a couple of times when she was ready for a nap we put her in the car seat and only had to stop once for an hour. Plus I sat in back with her. Leaving when was best for her not when we wanted to.

Always camping. It's cheap and fun.

I guess Carters.

7. Add anything here...

• Hi everyone! I'm still here! Sorry I've been gone for a little while. So many changes + newborn and toddler

Today is my first day back, so far so good. DW works from home so she's taking a little time off to adjust to our new life. Biggest issue is her taking care of herself while spread so thin, she's such a martyr sometimes

We visited local parks and beaches, no where too far. We refuse to fly with newborn and toddler until next year. Car trips are stressful enough. We're going to buy a larger SUV in the fall so we can drive comfortably (road trips!)

There's a sweet little beach on a main river where we BBQ and splash and play. Fun for all. 

DW has finally joined me in vegetarianism so we've been experimented. I've loved the crispy onion and broccoli sandwiches, Thai peanut squash, and all the grilled goodies. We've also enjoyed all the wild organic blackberries that grow everywhere and make jam. Summer is a great time for food in the Pacific NW. 

Cat and Jack, Jumping Bean, and Carters. 

7. Add anything here...

My precious body has experienced so much change, I have to remind myself to be kind and gentle to it, making good decisions to eat well and exercise regularly. Every day I try to take a walk, eat more plants, meditate for 3-5 minutes, and exercise at least ten minutes. I'm not perfect but I am trying to gain healthy habits 

• @PartiallyDomesticated boo to AF's return while still BF!

@lilylover27 Thanks! Can't believe we're moving again, but we need to be close to the Grandmas that will be helping with childcare. Now that I've been applying for other positions, i can see your point about feeling like you're not spending enough time during waking hours. I've been working the evening shift, 3:30-12:00, which allowed me to have the mornings and early afternoons with DS1. I'd love to stay on evening shift but all the available positions at hospitals near our new house have been on day shift, 8 or 9- 5 or 5:30. I don't like the idea of giving mornings up but I also don't want to be commuting. Ugh! 

@Kateriee props to a 7 hour drive. I do agree with leaving when it's best for the kiddo! That's the only way I leave the house, lol.

@chailife34 nice to see you're still around! Welcome to vegetarianism! It'll be a year for my family next month! 

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• @mrsrep123 that is hard to change shifts! Would you still have some weekends or days off? When we bought our house a major selling point was we were so close to both our parents (like 5-10 minutes for both of them) and they are our childcare too. The day shifts will be nice though when your kids are in school, eventually!
    Married: June 2011
    TTC #1: September 2015-January 2016
    BFP #1: 1/25/16 - MMC Diagnosed 3/22/16
    TTCAL: June 2016
    BFP #2: 8/26/16 - EDD 5/9/17
    Jackson born 5/6/17 at 8:36 PM - 9lbs 5oz & 21in
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @lrwardrop Oh husbands. Whenever my H complains about being tired, he gets a major eye roll from me.

1. How many weeks postpartum are you? 8 weeks

2. If returning to work, are you back to work? If staying home,  is your SO back to work? Any issues/concerns? I'm SAH now, but H went back to work after 4 weeks. I feel like things are going well for the most part, and we've developed a good routine. I need to work on my motivation to go on walks more, though.

3. Has your family gone on a trip this summer or planning on one? Details please plus include any travel advice. Last weekend, we met my family at a cabin on a lake for 2.5 days. It was really nice! Much easier than I anticipated with the newborn. I agree that the Pack n Play is really nice to bring along. Also, we had a 3 hour drive each way, but made sure to stop in between to feed and let the baby stretch out.

4. What was your favorite place to go to during the summer and why? Growing up, we lived minutes from the lake. Summers were mostly spent there, and I definitely miss that. It's my favorite place to go when I travel back home.

5. Any new summer recipes to share? Dishes and drinks... Hmm, not really.

6. Favorite brand of kid clothing so far? I like Carter's (but like others said, not the stuff with sayings). I've heard it runs small, but I feel like the length is perfect for us. The 3 month Carter's stuff still just fits her, whereas other brands we have are too short now. I also like the look of Cat & Jack, but don't have much of it and have had a bit of an issue with the quality so far. I bought some Rene Rofe and Gerber's stuff that was really cute, but the fit has been weird so I'm not a fan.

7. Add anything here...