Trying to Get Pregnant

Chart Stalk & Questions Thread Week of July 24

2»

Re: Chart Stalk & Questions Thread Week of July 24

• @spottedginger Huh...your charts are pretty straight forward and I think FF has your O date correct in each of them, I'm just surprised that your LP has varied so much.

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • @lulu1180 thanks for the second look. I am surprised, too. Everything I read indicates that while the follicular phase can vary month to month, luteal phase should be a bit more consistent. Dr. Google isn't much help. I will give it another cycle or two and see if it levels out. 
  • Loading the player...
  • adiratadirat member
    @spottedginger I agree with you and @lulu1180 that your charts are pretty straightforward. I think your approach of giving it another couple cycles is the right way to go. I don't want to freak you out, because it could be nothing and you could get PG right away when you start TTC in earnest, but the very infrequent cases where I have seen women with variable luteal phases on here have both had issues of varying severity. I hope this isn't the case for you at all! 

• @garnetandgoldgrace FF has your CHs because of your EWCM listed. I think if you took that out, it would take away your CHs. Not saying you have to, but I'm thinking since you're still getting +OPKs that your O is still coming up. I have gotten huge temp dips a few days before I actually O. If you get another dip and/or if your OPKs start fading out I'd say O is imminent. My advice is to keep HIO.
  • spottedgingerspottedginger member
    edited July 2017
    @adirat I appreciate the honest and straightforward response. That doesn't surprise me based on the limited information I've found and I would always rather be informed than naive. Hopefully my LP will get its act together in the next couple months. 
  • m6aguam6agua member
    edited July 2017
    *lurking*

ETA: @spottedginger

This is just a guess, no medical evidence to back it up, I repeat I am not a doctor. Could it be that you are ovulating from each side, every other cycle and maybe one side has a 14-15 day LP and the other has a 12 day LP?
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• @TravelingCouple -- I took away the EWCM and lost the CH. So. Now I feel like I am in some sort of TTC limbo. :( 
    Me: 33
    DH: 30
    TTC #2 Since April 2017
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• @m6agua that is an interesting theory. I think the follicle that bursts creates the corpus luteum which is responsible for maintaining progesterone throughout the luteal phase, so if one ovary was producing stronger follicles, that might make sense?  I'll be interested to see if the long-short pattern continues in the next few months. 
  • @spottedginger @m6agua I have wondered this for a long time! I typically ovulate cd 15-18 and have a 15-16 LP, but if I ovulate on cd 12 or 13 I have a 12-13 day LP. The latter has only happened a handful of times in the last 18 months so I've suspected for a while perhaps one ovary really is not up to snuff lol. 
  • @garnetandgoldgrace I would assume you're still fertile and keep HIO and temping. Hopefully your next temp shift is clearer.