August 2017 Moms
Options

Thursday Ticker Change 7/27

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Upcoming appointments this week?

Any new symptoms or changes?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: In what one way was your DH/SO raised similarly and in what one way were you raised differently?

***TW in Siggy***
Me: 34 / DH: 33
Married: Nov 2011
TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Thursday Ticker Change 7/27

• Options

How far along are you? 39 wks

How big is baby? Pumpkin

Upcoming appointments this week? Had one Tuesday. No changes. Still 2 cm, softened cervix, and a high baby. Next one is Tuesday and I'm sure we'll be making plans of how to get this baby into the world.

Any new symptoms or changes? I actually felt contractions last night. (I think)

Rants/Raves/Questions? We've finally narrowed down names! We have a top four for boys and a top two for girls. Thank goodness!

I've been having a ton of delivery dreams lately. I love how smoothly the labor has gone in each one. Hoping that's some foreshadowing of what's to come.

GTKY: In what one way was your DH/SO raised similarly and in what one way were you raised differently? Similar: We were both raised as savers (financially) and I'm very grateful for that. Different: He was adopted and is an only child. He hung out a lot with his friends instead of family. I grew up doing everything with my siblings and cousins. When we go back to his hometown, we see his friends from high school. When we go back to mine, it's all about family. I rarely ever talk to people from high school. 

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options

How far along are you? 

39 weeks  :#

How big is baby? 

Pumpkin or mini skateboard lol

I have my regular check up tomorrow.

Just a ton of pressure downtown and the normal grumpiness that comes along with being 39 weeks pregnant in July 

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Boob sweat! 

I'm so ready to meet this guy! I'm due on my son's first day of kindergarten and I will be so sad if I'm unable to take him to his first day of big boy school!

GTKY: In what one way was your DH/SO raised similarly and in what one way were you raised differently?

We were both raised in large middle class families so our family values are pretty strong and similar. 

I was raised in a family that was seriously never late to gatherings. My dad is super plan A and was remarkable at getting 4 girls out of the house on time for gatherings and efficiently for trips. My in laws are so lax on timing it drives me absolutely crazy. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

How far along are you? 37 weeks, full term, come on baby..we're waiting for you

How big is baby? size of a honey dew or romaine lettuce..

Upcoming appointments this week? Monday, regular 38 week appt...

Any new symptoms or changes? Definitely feeling more cramps and back aches. I hope this is sign she's on her way! I woke up from bad cramps this morning, wasn't sure what to make of it, it did go away. Sometimes the cramps come, and then I'm unsure if they're coming back - it's a mind game!

Rants/Raves/Questions? Has anyone gotten a membrane sweep? I read about that, not sure if I can ask for it. 

GTKY: In what one way was your DH/SO raised similarly and in what one way were you raised differently? Similar: we both had a sibling with "issues". Issues being a substance abuse problem, dropped out of school and gave our respective parents lots of problems. We both saw the impact that did to our family and didn't want to be like that. Different: I was a first generation family in the US, he was not. So a lot of things your parents would know and teach from living in the US he knew all about, I learned a lot from friends. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @bumpybump have you been having braxton hicks? Or have you not been experiencing anything yet? I've been getting braxton hicks and lots of lower back pains like 3-4x a day. And that's exciting you might have a name! Will you make the final decision when you meet him/her? 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @jacksonbears I should have said I'm pretty sure I was having contractions. The only other ones I've experienced were after I was induced with DD. So that's all I can compare them to. When my OB has asked if I've had any, my response up until now has been "I don't think so?" He's asked if I've had any feelings where I'm like, "oh and it takes my breath away some." That's what I had last night. But they weren't in my back, only front lower abdomen. 
    Name wise, I feel like we know our two front runners but yeah, probably solidify it once we meet him/her. 

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options

How far along are you? 39 weeks today! eeeeeee

How big is baby? The bump app says pumpkin. I say she's baby sized. 

Upcoming appointments this week? Yesterday, everything normal; next check-in is Tuesday (they were fully booked Wed-Thurs)

Any new symptoms or changes? Actually, yes. TMI coming--- As a FTM I don't want to jinx myself here, but intuition seems to be kicking in that this baby is coming at any time. I got a burst of energy last night and did nesting-level cleaning. I woke up nauseous this morning, even though I took my half-dose diclegis last night like usual. (Struggled with nausea the whole pregnancy so stayed with the prescription, which had kept things under control nicely.) I haven't barfed at least. And, loose stool this morning, even though I haven't eaten anything out of the ordinary and have been somewhat regular in that department. At least two of my friends have said they had nausea and diarrhea the day before their kid arrived, so.... we'll see. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Um.... the CTA gods smiled on me yesterday and I got a seat on a crowded rush hour train on the way to my doctor appointment. Phew! 

GTKY: In what one way was your DH/SO raised similarly and in what one way were you raised differently? Actually, this is one way we knew we were meant-to-be... We were raised practically identically. Not kidding. Even our dads are like clones of each other. Our values are totally aligned and, thank God, that also means we're aligned on raising this child. 

The difference that comes to mind isn't even a serious one- he didn't get to travel much at all as a kid.  A yearly fishing trip was it. My mom has wanderlust and took us all over this country and to Europe, with one big trip every year. So now, as adults, we both love traveling whenever we can. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

How far along are you? 37w1d 

How big is baby? romain lettuce but judging by my belly at least a watermelon!! 

Upcoming appointments this week? weekly check tomorrow, no internal bc she did one last week.

Any new symptoms or changes? The boy was in position last week during an extremely intrusive internal exam. My OB was literally shoving on the top of my bump while her other hand was on my cervix--she said she felt his head though so he's getting ready. I was 1cm dilated but "still pretty thick" so she wasn't thinking he'll be early :(. Think I may be losing my plug, just a tiny bit at a time, I've had some little bits of yellow boogery mucus when wiping a few times since last Friday's exam. More contractions, but I've had them for months, and a sharp shooting pain down my left thigh a few times a day.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Not really, just ready to meet our son & DDs little brother! Hoping he comes a few days early bc we have an orientation at her school 2 days after due date. In our city 3rd grade starts at a new "intermediate" school so I really want to take her so she feels comfortable going to her new, bigger school! 

same: respect your parents and work hard, also to live within our means and have enough of a cash safety net to cover several months of bills in case the unthinkable were to happen. 

Different: my parents are divorced and I lived primarily with my mom & 5-years-older half sister, seeing dad on weekends/school breaks. No cousins around though I have some I'm very close with by my dads house. Husbands parents are still married and he has 2 sisters, 1 older and 1 younger. He is very much an only child in the way he does things, being the only boy and having had everything be only his--no clothing or toys to share other than big toys like ride-ons and swingsets. His mother also babied him bc he was their only boy so he can't cook, doesn't clean a whole lot, and expects me to "take care" of him by doing 100% of the shopping & maintaining a functioning home. He's a wonderful provider though and works his butt of to make sure we would never be in trouble (I work too). 

• Options

How far along are you? 35 weeks

How big is baby? Canary Melons

Upcoming appointments this week? I have an NST tomorrow  

Any new symptoms or changes? Just continuing to feel like I'm in labor.  Timed out 2 minute long contractions 3-4 minutes apart last night, feeling them wrapping around my back.  I had such bad reflux last night that I was startled awake with vomit filling my mouth, so that was fun. If I stand for too long my feet and legs go to sleep. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? I am just ready to be done.  I am miserable. But I am getting my hair cut today so that's exciting. 

GTKY: In what one way was your DH/SO raised similarly and in what one way were you raised differently? We were both raised as latch key kids, but other than that I think our upbringings were very different. 

• Options
    @morgy_bee my scheduled c section is the day before DS starts school.  I'm really hoping I go early so I can be there with him. 
  • Options

How far along are you? I am 36 weeks 2 days 

How big is baby? papaya but i feel like a watermelon

Upcoming appointments this week? none until next Tuesday.

Any new symptoms or changes? I have been having the worst charlie horse ever with braxton hicks

Rants/Raves/Questions? sweat in boobs and between legs it is annoying.

We were both raised at church. His biological mom has substance abuse issues and had several kids by different men. They were adopted by his grandma whom raised them. His dad died in jail. He decided to leave the house at a young age and do whatever he pleased and be with friends. I was raised with both my parents and I did not leave the house until I was 18. I do more family stuff with my parents and siblings. He has too many siblings I would need more hands and toes and he does not really talk to all of them or hang out because they are doing things I don't agree with to have my kids around. I am more conservative when it comes to family and he is just liberal that I always put my foot down as far as where my daughter goes to or not. For the most part his family does not even try to see DD so I just don't bring it up or care because they choose other things than making time to see them. His biological mom still has not seen my daughter and she is about to be 1. One of his younger sisters always has an excuse to why she is always busy to come see her niece but be putting on FB who wants to hang out and do this or that, which at the beginning it would make me mad now I just laugh. I will not force or beg no one to be part of my kids life ever it is there loss.

• Options

How far along are you? 38

How big is baby? 7lbs

Upcoming appointments this week? Tomorrow!

Any new symptoms or changes? Baby was up kicking me until 2am.  And he's at it again this morning.  I'm so sore.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Please come out, Baby.  I'm so done.

GTKY: In what one way was your DH/SO raised similarly and in what one way were you raised differently? To an onlooker, you'd think we were raised identically: both were raised in the same church, both were homeschooled, both conservative.  But when it comes to talking about money (or NOT talking about money), we're so different.  You don't talk about money in his family.  In mine, we always tell each other when we get a raise and we celebrate, or we let family know we're in a tight spot.

• Options

How far along are you? 37 weeks 

How big is baby? 

I just had my NST and now I am waiting to see a doctor. Mine is out of town so i am seeing another doctor who is notoriously slow. We are currently 1 hour behind. 

Nesting has appeared. I scrubbed all my cupboards yesterday. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Rave: I haven't hadn't much swelling! (I know I have a few more weeks, but I'm stilll excited!)

Rant: I am exhausted and I still need to do so much before the baby comes.

My DH and I were raised VERY differently. The biggest conflict has been his parents are rich and I was raised middle class. His dad just pays someone to do everything (including setting up their Christmas Tree) and I was taught to do things on my own. When we met at 30, he didn't know how to change a flat tire, but I did. Also, his family drinks. A lot. Mine hardly drinks as my brother was killed by a drunk driver and my cousin drank himself to death at 18.

It's hard to think of something the same... we both really love our grandma's. 

• Options

How far along are you? 38 weeks! 

How big is baby? Winter melon 

Upcoming appointments this week? Today - rather disappointing, I'm barely 1cm dilated and -3 station...I know that can change at any minute but I was hoping he'd at least dropped a bit.

Any new symptoms or changes? Not really...everything is pretty much the same which is frustrating.

Rants/Raves/Questions? 

GTKY: In what one way was your DH/SO raised similarly and in what one way were you raised differently? We were raised with the same expectations as far as respect goes, but I'm much more of a saver than he is. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

How far along are you? 35 weeks

How big is baby? Dozen of Eggs/Pineapple

Upcoming appointments this week? BPP/GBS swab today

Any new symptoms or changes? My poor feet/ankles are so swollen. It's embarrassing and uncomfortable. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Rant: See swollen feet comment 

Rave: Ready for the weekend! 

We each have one younger sibling, him a sister, me a brother. Both of our parents are still together. As for differences, he's from a small town and I was raised in a city. Traveling for his family was driving an hour to go to the mall, while we always went on family vacations growing up. I'm really hoping we can be in a position to take yearly vacations as a family, since I value those experiences so much. 

Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20