Edited to add gif. 

Me: 35, Hubbie: 33
Married DH: 2013
DD: Dec 2015
BFP 8/14/17 --> Due 4/27/2018

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

Re: UO Thursday 7/27

• Loading the player...
  • This one has been a pretty UO for me IRL, but I think the Harry Potter books/movies are just okay. I could take or leave them. 
    Me: 27 | DH: 27
    Married: 10/2013
    TTC #1 Since: 02/2017
  • jrm_14jrm_14 member
    edited July 2017
    Underpants are lame, even in jeans and with dresses.

Every single person does not need to read/watch the news. If you dont, it doesn't make you less ignorant or less compassionate.

I would rather see a person with a piercing showing at work than a tattoo.
    Edit:words
    Edit:
    Reunification should never be the goal in a lot of cases where children are removed from the home.  You do some things, you don't get another chance.  Poof, that simple.
  • cm716cm716 member
    People who give their kids made up names and/or names with "creative" spellings are setting their kids up for problems their entire life.

Also, if you made it up or chose an unnecessarily complicated spelling, you cannot be surprised or offended when nobody can spell it.

• izza2izza2 member
    Lemon cookies > Chocolate chip cookies > Snickerdoodles

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• @cm716 I think unique spellings are fun. My name is common but is a really unique spelling which means yes, I'm always spelling it out for people BUT people remember my name and strongly associate the spelling to me specifically rather than all the other "_______"s out there. Also I'm super shy at first so it's an easy conversation starter. 

Maybe my UO is that I love unique names/spellings within reason. 

Another UO: I don't like granite counter tops. 
  • @SkilledSailor O M G YES! I effing hate granite. 
  • @SkilledSailor, DH and I are thinking of building a house and we're discussing this morning how I hate granite.  I don't get the appeal, and isn't it kind of fragile.  I drop and break glassware constantly, I would be terrified to have granite 
  • cm716cm716 member
    @SkilledSailor isn't it funny how our experiences shape us? :)
    my first name is Courtney and I'm grateful for the traditional spelling. It's the one people usually guess first.I guess I could understand something like Kourtney or Cortney but I've also met a Quartney, kortnee, and Courtni and those are waaay too exotic for me!
  • @holly321 I'm not sure. I just don't like how it looks. I prefer less busy counters like quartz and concrete. 

@cm716 Oh I agree with those last three. Mine is more along the lines of Kourtney/Cortney for my name versus yours. But it's unique enough that knowing my state and my name would make it insanely easy to find me. 
  • cm716cm716 member
    @fishsticks-n-custard NOOOOOOOOO. Diet Coke is nectar of the Gods!
  • jrm_14jrm_14 member
    Also, I don't care if people drive in the left lane as long as they are going the speed limit.  Just because you want to speed, doesn't mean they have to get out of your way.  
  • orangecuporangecup member
    edited July 2017
    @holly321 I'm not sure. I just don't like how it looks. I prefer less busy counters like quartz and concrete. 

We are getting ready to start a kitchen renovation and we are doing quartz countertops.

• I'm late to the UO party, but....

*possible TW, mentions parenting*

Adults calling their parents "mommy" or "daddy" turns my stomach.
    I do this. My mom and her sisters call my 90 year old Grandfather "daddy". ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 
  • jrm_14jrm_14 member
    @lulu1180. Oh, I know most people disagree with my UO about the left lane.  My state has those same signs. I do get irritated at times with slow traffic in the left lane.  Ultimently, if they are going the speed limit, they are legal.  It just blows my mind just HOW FURIOUS some people get about left lane drivers.  MH gets so irrate about this I am sure his blood pressure skyrockets.  I spend so much time on the road, if I was irritated by this, my day would be constant misery :)
  • jrm_14jrm_14 member
    @looeeze. Our drivers handbook in this state states you cannot exceed posted speed limit to pass.  Slower traffic=going under posted limit.  

I totally get why it makes people mad.  Personally, I don't get that upset and fail to see why some get as mad as they do about it :)

Andplusalso, just so ya'll know, I don't sit in the left lane with the intent to be a jerk.  I actually use it to exceed the speed limit & pass.  
  • _darth_darth member
    I think that everyone has some kind of bias even if they don't realize it, so it drives me crazy when someone says their opinion is unbiased.
    I owe a lot of apologies for that one. :grimace:

I think wide-leg trousers are really pretty, especially in a light, flowing fabric. 
    TTGP August Siggy Challenge: Best Movie Insults
    AbominationStupid head

Lilo and Stitch (2002)