January 2018 Moms

Monday Ticker Change: 7/24

KatieElKatieEl member
edited July 2017 in January 2018 Moms
Sorry this is late! (Pretty sure I've stolen this GTKY question from one of last week's threads!)

1) How far along are you
? How big is baby? 

2) How are you feeling?

3) Do you know baby's sex? Have you started showing?

4) Any appointments this week/last?

5) Rants/Raves/Questions?

6) GTKY: Let's talk the nursery! Are you doing one? Have you started? Theme?

Edited: spelling and formatting
DS1: Nov. 2013
DS2: Jan. 2016
DS3: Dec. 2017
Baby #4 on the way!

Re: Monday Ticker Change: 7/24

• 1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 
    15 weeks, orange

2) How are you feeling?
    Pretty darn good, was a little swollen this past weekend and still an occasional headache.

not yet, I think I'm showing a bit. When I look down I can currently see my bump. All my maternity clothes are still pretty big on me.

None

I have called my old OB back for an appointment. I have an appointment at my current place next week and I'll be letting them know I'm not coming again. I called the office with 2 questions last monday. One of them was fairly important about a meningitis exposure. Well they didn't call me back for 5 days!!!. When the nurse did call me back she asked if anyone had called yet, I said no and her response was "oh good". I asked her how is was good that it took 5 days to call me back? The convo didn't go well for her.

we did elephants for DD. For this LO so far I have a crib but that's it. I'm waiting for after the AS and hopefully the all clear on any NTDs to really get into decorating.
    16 weeks with a little avocado. :)

2) How are you feeling?
    Good! Some mornings are still rough but I have an appetite again and fewer aversions. 

Boy! First on FIL's side so that's fun. We broke the cycle of all girls. I can tell a difference and so can DH but most people really can't yet. 

I was supposed to have one tomorrow but I'm switching practices so I'm not sure when they'll get me in. 

Rave: My new practice. The midwives are awesome and I am really happy to work with them. 

If we get to do a nursery I'd like to do an adventure theme--specifically using quotes from different books as wall art and stuff like that. It all depends on our house-building adventure. 
  • Loading the player...
  • 1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 13 weeks / size of a Lemon/Matchbox car

2) How are you feeling? Good. Tired. Hungry... Hangry.

Girl. Yes, I think it's my general roundness plus being a STM. I feel huge, which is funny because my timehop popped up today where I compared when I felt huge the time compared to when I was actually showing. hah

4) Any appointments this week/last? None this week. Did an elective US last week and the babe was looking good.

5) Rants/Raves/Questions? Have any of you started looking at diaper bags? Last time I got a skiphop shoulder bag and it was huge and obnoxious. Then I picked up a Fawn Design Backpack which was nice but it was very sturdy so when I set it down it was kinda flopsy. I was going to get the new Freshly Picked backpack but decided not to, soooo... I think I'm looking at a Ju Ju Be Be Right Back Backpack. I still don't know. My friends all swear they're amazing, but I don't want to be blah about it again. I don't carry one now with DS who is a year, but I'll need one for the new babe.

6) GTKY: Let's talk the nursery! Are you doing one? Have you started? Theme? So we're moving DS into a room with his 12 year old brother, my SS. SS is only here every other weekend and a few weeks a year so it shouldn't be too bad. I hope. That being said we're putting the little gal into her own room. I haven't thought of a theme yet. I tend to not be super frou-frou with how I decorate. Even when I lived on my own I was very gender neutral with my bedroom palette. So I don't know. These are a few things in my pinterest board. Oooh are any of you on Pinterest? I haven't done much lately but this (and my instant pot I'm ordering) have inspired me. The crib we have is gray so the baskets are more of a general storage idea that I could use in a different color? 

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @supercoolstephy way cute!! And yes I love Pinterest. I got DD some super cute stuff off Etsy last time. I got a vinyl wall decal with her name for pretty cheap.
    17 wks, pomegranate 
    2) How are you feeling?
    Good.... except my boobs are still tender.
    Don't know the sex yet. Yes, I'm showing. Quite a bit. I'm short and a STM but I feel huge for 17 weeks.
    Prenatal tomorrow, can't wait to hear the heartbeat again
    This is my last week of summer vacation. I'm not ready for the new school to start.
    After the AS we'll think about themes but we have to figure out when we're cleaning out the 3rd room, which is currently storage.
  • @supercoolstephy those are cute ideas! Our diaper bag last time was a skiphop and it was so bulky.... We still have it but I'll be looking for something smaller soon.
    13 weeks, a pee pod.

2) How are you feeling?
    Like shit. I'm tired and nauseous.

a boy! No, just feel fat

Appointment last week. U/s next Monday to check to see if any complications have developed as a result of that Fifth's Disease dx. I'm getting increasingly stressed out about it.

@supercoolstephy, I had a Kate Spade diaper bag with DD2.

darker wood toned furniture, grey walls, cloud statement wall behind the crib a la:

Hanging above the crib will be hot air ballooned artwork that hung in my room when I was an infant.

Some cloud shaped shelves from Target behind a mid century mod rocker I picked out. I'm going to attempt to DIY a hot air balloon mobile.

I haven't yet figure out what color to go with for a rug, curtains or poof.

DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
    16 weeks - avocado!

2) How are you feeling? 
    I'm feeling mostly good at this point. I was brave and flew alone across the country this past weekend with DD (she's 2.5) and that was exhausting.

a girl! I have definitely started to show in terms of looking heavier in my midsection....but it's not a bump yet. Just look fat, unfortunately.

Nothing until my AS in three weeks. We're supposed to be on a vacation when I'm 18 weeks, so my AS is scheduled for 19 weeks....but I'm seriously considering making the hour and a half drive from vacation to get it done a week earlier. 

nada this week.

DD's room is lilac and gray with pops of aqua. I'm thinking for this one I'd like to go with light pink and gold tones. Pinterest is dangerous! 

Pregnancy Ticker

17 weeks today! Size of a PlayStation controller! 

2) How are you feeling?

Honestly I feel great and almost like myself again...just some symptoms such as sore boobs, itchy boobs and RLP. 

Nope, not yet. We find out 8/18 at our A/S. And I'd like to think I'm showing, but to me I just look fat still. 

No, not this week. 

Not at the moment. 

I LOVE to decorate, like give me all the HGTV shows and Kirkland's finds lol. So I even make myself nervous. However, I've yet to pick a theme as well we haven't found out the sex yet. As soon as we do we will settle on colors. Interestingly enough, I can't fully setup the nursery until the baby is here. Both families fully believes in the Irish superstition that nothing for the baby can come into the house until the baby is born. No crib, stroller, rocker, etc. Sooo this should be fun!
    14 weeks, a peach!

2) How are you feeling?

Pretty good! Still get winded and tired but overall so much better, it's amazing. 

A girl! I think so, but not sure others notice. My boobs are enormous for me, and I haven't shared the news at work yet. I can only assume some people have noticed. 

I got in a bad car accident last week. It was scary but everyone was okay, baby included. I went to the ER and had a follow up with my OB on Friday - mostly just to reassure me. 

Not really either of these but just an observation as a FTM that I've never experienced anything like pregnancy where I wanted time to slow down and speed up at the same time.  

I live in a one bedroom apartment in NYC, so no nursery. Which is hard because I love decorating! Eventually when I move I'll get to decorate a room though.  
  • 1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 15 weeks - baby is the size of an orange! 

2) How are you feeling? Feeling good! No complaints here!

Don't know yet, but will hopefully find out tomorrow! I have a tiny bump now that is starting to feel firm, not flabby, so I guess it's the real deal!

A couple appointments tomorrow! My first appointment at my new office with my midwife, which I am so excited about! Following that we scheduled an ultrasound to determine the gender! Hopefully baby cooperates and shows us what we need to see - I am so excited I don't know how I'll sleep tonight!

5) Rants/Raves/Questions? Excited that I'm finally starting to show, and that I get to know baby a little better tomorrow!

6) GTKY: Let's talk the nursery! Are you doing one? Have you started? Theme? We haven't really started yet but have narrowed down the ideas we like the best, and will probably settle on one once we know the gender. We have started emptying out the room we will be using so we can start the process, and we bought a closet organizer kit yesterday which I am already excited to install!