November 2017 Moms

GTKY: National Cousins Day

(This was actually yesterday.) Tell us about your cousins or your little one's!
It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility

Re: GTKY: National Cousins Day

• I come from a pretty large family while my husband does not. He has 3 total cousins. Of al his aunts and uncles (parents each have 2 siblings), his mom had 3 kids and his mother's brother had 3 kids all around the same time so while he has so few cousins they have always been pretty close despite living in different states.

i have 14 cousins and my family events can get pretty crazy (fun and loud). I definitely think it's overwhelming to my DH at times but I love it and wish that for my kiddos. 
  • kdl89kdl89 member

I have about 9 cousins and close with 4 of them as we only lived an hour away from each other growing up. One of the cousins I am close with is due in January so we have been talking babies a lot the last little while.

As for DH cousins I am still meeting them, as his family is so big I cannot keep track of them all. 

• Loading the player...
  • LO has 12 cousins - 6 boys and 6 girls. Four live out of state, but he should be close with 10/12 of them as he grows up. Two of our sisters still haven't had kids yet, so I'm betting he will have more later. DH and I can't even count how many cousins we have because there are too many!
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • maegpiemaegpie member
    edited July 2017
    DD and LO will have 6 cousins (betting on more as time passes). Currently one girl and five boys. 
    I have 10 cousins and DH has 3. My family gatherings are loud and full of chaotic fun whereas most of DHs family doesn't get along so we only see them one family at a time and mainly only on holidays. DHs parents, sister and nephew we see probably once every other week. My family is really spread out but we all stay in touch and try to get together at Christmas. 

Edited: I have 3 siblings so total count is 14 cousins for the family but I only have 10. I wasn't sure how we were doing this.
  • My Grandparents have 7kids, 22 Grandchildren and 5great grand with my LO on the way making it 6. 26 grandchildren if you want my Moms boyfriends kids (they've been around for a while). So I have about 18 first cousins whom I love dearly! I'm the 2nd oldest at 25 and the youngest is 1yrs old. I'm very close to ALL my cousins. Family gatherings and vacations can get crazy!  My fiancé wanted a lot of kids until he went on a family vacation with my family lmao. I vividly remember him coming into our cabin room and saying "I don't want a lot of kids anymore. This is too much!" I just laughed. 

My fiancé is from a big family as well but because his parents are my grandparents age all his first cousins are older. He was raised with his first cousins kids lol. 

Right now my LO has 5 first cousins whom he rather not play with lol. He's a calm kid and they're all wild child's. 
  • I have a super small family. I have 4 cousins all from my mom's side and I am the oldest in the family by 6 years. None of them have had kids yet. 
    My kids have no cousins. I have a half brother and a half sister but I don't think my brother will ever have kids. He's almost 27 and still lives in his grandparents house. My sister is only 15 almost 16 so hopefully she won't be having kids anytime soon.
  • My dad has 13 siblings and my mom has 8, so I have lots of cousins. There are so many that I probably can't name all of them. I loved visiting cousins when I was a child. Now my daughter gets to hang out with my 10 nieces and nephews during the summers when she visits my parents.I can't wait for the new baby to join the gang.
  • I have three cousins on my mom's side and four on my dads. They're all girls! My brother is the only boy out of all the cousins on both sides 
  • I only have one cousin . She is closer to my dad's age than ours as there's a 12 year gap between my aunt and my dad. (She is the eldest of 4 and was  a war baby .my pop was a POW for 4 yrs . My other aunt who was 2nd born had Polio which spread the gap more between them and the two brothers . My Dad's the youngest bit only 14months between his brother and him) 
    My mum was one of two my uncle never married or had kids . (Neither blood uncle did)
    Bit crazy since both my dad's parents were each one of 9 and my mums mum one of 4 ( pop was adopted within family as his mother died but has a bro and like 3 or 4 half sisters I dunno gets messy . False documents are involved )
    My aunt was married at 18 and had my cousin at 19 who is the only one born to any of my aunts and uncles . 
    Hubby has  6 cousins all a bit older . There's a 10 yr gap between him and his sister and his brother is 15yrs older . There's also family that are 'cousins' on his dad's side . His mother's sister and her husband died when their girls were young teens and they came to live with them . Even tho they are my FILs cousins he regards them like sisters and they Are called aunty by my husband and they add another 6 cousins to his list with their kids . 
    We see them once a year mostly and big events 
    It's a bit strange seeing the cousin relationship as I never grew up with it 
    I am also the youngest of 3 
    There are 5 cousins on my side plus my sisters step son who is 23  (there is a 15 year gap between my nephew and him) 
    The 5 grandkids of my parents see us and each other multiply times a week plus birthdays and in between bbqs are all quite close . Just one nephew who is 8 and then the girls are 5, 4, 2 and 1 and all go to ballet and swimming together 
    And there are 7 cousins on my hubbies 2 are step who we now don't see which is sad as they were around a lot before their sister was born then their mum went psycho.  Hope to see them again in the future