August 2017 Moms

Flipping Breech Babe

I'm 33 weeks 6 days pregnant and my baby is currently breech. Just last week, I was diagnosed with low amniotic fluid. I've really been focusing on hydrating and have my number back up to 8.5cm as of this morning. Here's my question... is there a realistic chance that my baby could turn naturally? I had a c section with my first so doc doesn't think a version would be safe for this baby. Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated! I know when it comes down to it, all I can hope for is a happy, healthy baby. But I'd love to have a natural vbac if possible! 

Re: Flipping Breech Babe

• Loading the player...
  • If you do a handstand, the baby is flipped.
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • kvh22kvh22 member
    edited July 2017
    @saratoney this question probably would have gone over a bit better in the weekly appointments thread, or even if you just mentioned it on a weekly check in. Also, introducing yourself on the introduction thread is a good idea and lurking a little bit would have shown you that new threads are not created for one-off questions like this. A new thread would generally be for something that everyone could participate in so when I clicked on this, I expected it to be a thread on sharing information on how to flip your breech baby and commiserating, like the gestational diabetes thread or home/birth center thread. In many other threads, ladies have talked about this type of stuff. Check them out and you might find some people in a similar boat.

ETA: Agree with @PinkPrincessPiper - check with your OB. Many ladies have said their OBs aren't concerned with position until 36 weeks (again - read through some threads or do a search for breech) but that can be unique so your doctor really knows best and your situation might be different than theirs.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• aehogan90 said:
    If you do a handstand, the baby is flipped.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • tova24tova24 member
    @DeansGirl14 that is impressive!!! 
  • saratoney said:
    I'm 33 weeks 6 days pregnant and my baby is currently breech. Just last week, I was diagnosed with low amniotic fluid. I've really been focusing on hydrating and have my number back up to 8.5cm as of this morning. Here's my question... is there a realistic chance that my baby could turn naturally? I had a c section with my first so doc doesn't think a version would be safe for this baby. Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated! I know when it comes down to it, all I can hope for is a happy, healthy baby. But I'd love to have a natural vbac if possible! 
    Oh and QFP because we are terrible at remembering to do it. 

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• @saratoney I came across this article and thought you'd be interested. I particularly liked how it said you can be overwhelmed by the variety of options to help flip a baby... lol.

https://www.todaysparent.com/pregnancy/7-ways-to-turn-a-breech-baby/

Firstmost, like everyone said, consult your OB if he/she is worried they'll give you advice. But I know some controversial positions in yoga such as inversions (which new studies actually show are now fine) were originally controversial b/c if baby was already head down, he/she may turn breech. So take it for what it's worth, which is just internet advice. But to answer your question, the article does say that yes, it can happen naturally, it just takes time. :)

Pregnancy Ticker
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker