Trying to Get Pregnant

Chart Stalk & Questions Thread Week of July 24

This is a thread where anyone can feel free to request a chart stalk, second-guess FF's interpretation, or post TTC-related questions, regardless of where in your cycle you are. Sometimes FF is wrong. That's where we come in. Get your second opinion here. 

Re: Chart Stalk & Questions Thread Week of July 24

• @adirat I don't have any knowledge on your question but I'm sure you'll get some great feedback here. I hope your appointment goes well!

I have a question about switching insurance in the TTC stage. I searched the forums but I could only find stuff about switching while pregnant. I'm planning on switching to my husbands insurance in November. I have some TTC concerns I'd like to speak to a doctor about. If I visit a doctor now to address my concerns could it cause an issue when I move over to my husbands coverage if they find something?
  • Loading the player...
  • @multifariousmermaid it had zero affect for me when we did that in January. That said, who knows what's going to happen with the legislation. If you have the option to switch sooner (I know, doubtful), you should do it. I think the current bill with the senate says that you can't be denied coverage due to pre-existing conditions if you never have a lapse in coverage, but I think states will have the option to waive out of that entirely if they want to, which will mean many companies may base their coverage out of those states to avoid having to pay more money for insurance (though, truly, is it really insurance if it does not cover medical costs... sigh). 
  • adiratadirat member
    (sorry, not sure why this box is here)
    @multifariousmermaid If your husband is currently on this health insurance, then check out what his benefits are. Some may clearly state how the pre-existing condition stuff is applied to their policy specifically. Then you could be grandfathered in even if they change their policy if the legislation passes. Our health insurance policy, for instance, specifies how pre-existing conditions are dealt with for spouses/domestic partners coming onto the policy. 

I would hate to advise you to wait on a health concern but you really could run into a pre-existing condition issue if the legislation passes and your policy excludes anything on TTC for that reason. :(

• @multifariousmermaid, I agree with PP, it is generally an issue if you had no coverage to begin with.  TW, I was pregnant with my DD, before the affordable Care act, and was added to my husband ins, and there was no issue.  I had personal insurance, so I kept it for a month to be safe.
  • Have you ever charted without symptoms or CM/CP tracking?  I like always second guess my chart and my symptoms, which my CM was off this whole month, probably from clomid?  Anyway, if I take out the CM, it changed my O date.  Which, I get I am totally being BSC, but, I am wondering if I temped with my symptoms, would I be less BSC next month.  Chart in spoiler.  If I take away symptoms, it changes CH to cd15.

• Thanks everyone for the feedback! I have asked my husband to get the coverage information for me today.
  • @holly321 I agree with FF on CD 13 as O. A fallback rise like that is common, I get one almost every month I temp.
  • I'm sure this is discussed often, but I'm looking for specific PNV recommendations. I always took the gummies, but after checking on labdoor.com , I didn't like how inaccurate the labels are. I want one that is high value and high quality, so I bought the Rainbow Light Mini. Buttttt I think it tastes like sh*t. Does anyone take a different one highly rated on labdoor that doesn't break the bank and doesn't have a weird taste? I'm not otherwise picky, because pretty much anything is better quality than the gummies.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• @lalala2004 I swapped from the RL mini to the RL once a day because I didn't enjoy taking 6 pills a day. I find if I put the water in my mouth before the pill, and I do NOT breathe through my nose at all before (including opening the pill bottle) that the taste is fine. Or maybe I've just gotten used to it. 

Ive also done the new chapter ones in the past and those aren't bad. 
  • @lalala2004, I used to take the naturemade prenatal (not the gummy), and didn't have to many problems with it, though admittedly, pills don't bother me. But then where I found out about my MTHFR mutation, I decided to switch to one with methyl folate instead of folic acid. So now I'm taking smartypants prenatal gummies. I think they taste pretty good, and they recently reformulated it so it isn't coated in loose sugar. It's not tested on labdoor yet (they have one kids gummy that is tested that might give you a sense of the brand though). I get mine on Amazon, but you can find them at Target too.

Me: 30 | DH: 31
    Met: August 2006
    Married: July 2012
    TTC #1 since June 2016

***TW***

BFP: 7/12/16 | MC: 9/12/16
    BFP: 1/18/17 | MMC: 2/13/17
    BFP: 10/7/17 | EDD: 6/21/17

MTHFR: homozygous A1298C
  • lalala2004lalala2004 member
    edited July 2017
    @lalala2004 I swapped from the RL mini to the RL once a day because I didn't enjoy taking 6 pills a day. I find if I put the water in my mouth before the pill, and I do NOT breathe through my nose at all before (including opening the pill bottle) that the taste is fine. Or maybe I've just gotten used to it. 

Ive also done the new chapter ones in the past and those aren't bad. 
    Thanks for the tip, I'm going to have to try the water first method! I'm definitely going to use all of these pills before switching, so I have to get them down somehow....

@icecubeinthedesert I'm glad you brought up folate, because I would somewhat prefer that, although I'm not aware that I have the MTHFR mutation, but I figure it can't hurt. Gummy form would be even better!

Edit to report: I tried the water thing, and it made it a lot easier! Thank you so much, @doxiemoxie212 . I never would have thought of that!
    *Siggy Warning*

• @lalala2004 I got an Rx from my OB. I know they're over the counter but that allowed me to get a free generic at the pharmacy. It doesn't taste amazing but it's not bad and I'm used to it now
  • @lalala2004 I've been taking Nature Made for years and have never had any issues.
  • _darth_darth member
    @lalala2004 I got PregVit as an Rx. They taste as close to nothing as prenatal vitamins can, and they are split into a morning and evening pill (I think iron and most things in the morning, and calcium/folate in the evening) to help with absorption. 

AFM, can someone take a look at my chart and give me your thoughts? I think the CH are drunk.

My Ovulation Chart
    TTGP August Siggy Challenge: Best Movie Insults
    AbominationStupid head

Lilo and Stitch (2002)     
  • @_darth I think you have dotted crosshairs because of the fertile CM after a temp shift. If your temp stays as high as today for a few days it will probably move them. I would keep HIO for sure!
    *Siggy Warning*

• @_darth FF gave CHs based on the +OPK only.  If you just keep putting information in, it will most likely eventually either move the CHs or take them away altogether.

Do you always temp at the same time every day? I noticed your temps are a bit rocky?

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • cards10cards10 member
    edited July 2017
    @_darth I wonder if FF is giving CH based on your opk. Your temps are slowly going up but not drastic, and with fertile CM now, I wonder if it's a false LH surge? What happens if you remove the +opk? I'd keep HIO just in case. 

ETA: I know the +opk is ok as you could get another one, just wondering if it removes the dotted CH so you'd know to keep HIO. 
  • _darth_darth member
    Thanks all!

@lalala2004 I'm glad it will change the CH automatically. I never had it shift on me before, and didn't actually know it did that. That's neat. 

@lulu1180 I do temp at the same time. My temps are always rocky because I drool on my pillow like a champ. :blush: My shift was usually big enough that it didn't matter, but I guess things change. 

@cards10 I deleted my OPK+ and CH moved to CD16, which still makes no sense to me. Like you said, it was probably a false surge. I'm worried that CH should be at CD18 according to temp, and we missed the timing this cycle. Meh. Even so I will know better next time. 
    TTGP August Siggy Challenge: Best Movie Insults
    AbominationStupid head

Lilo and Stitch (2002)     
  • @_darth I wonder if two more high temps will move CH to CD18. Sorry if you missed your FW. With EWCM today, maybe there's still hope. 
  • @_darth it's particularly likely to change if the CHs are dotted. That means FF isn't sure of ovulation because your fertility signs are sending mixed signals!
    *Siggy Warning*

• Is there a way I can change my O day manually in FF? It gave me crosshairs on day 12 but I believe I O'd on day 16 so now it's counting my DPO wrong.... TIA
  • @thatcrazyauntie yes you can in the override section. What makes you think FF is wrong? 
  • @thatcrazyauntie Do you mind sharing so we can sneak a peek?
  • Here is my chart sorry that a screenshot is all I know to do! 

I think I O'd on Monday for a few reasons.... First my temps have not been so up and down prior to O the last few months. 97.2 seems to be my cover line tho that is not reflected here. Also just signs from my body like ewcm (no reportable cm during the time FF gave me CH) , sore boobs, and randomly I dream about doing the deed usually once per month and that happened Monday am.
    Also I have never O'd that early as far as I can tell,
    mostly in the 15-18 day range....

thoughts...
  • @icecubeinthedesert. Yup! Do the exact day I had in mind! Wow thanks for that!
  • You ladies are smart! its lovely to have the resources! 
  • @thatcrazyauntie also try to put in dry for CM when there isn't any (if you don't already). I think @BusinessWife told me that trick. I used to just leave it blank if there was nothing of note but it helps FF determine what is NOT o which obv narrows down what is. 
  • Hey ladies. Can anyone offer insight into my chart? Even though I have CH my temps seem awfully low :( This is such a weird chart and I am pretty disappointed in it.

Me: 33
    DH: 30
    TTC #2 Since April 2017
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Hi all, I haven't done an intro because we are still  ntnp and I know from lurking so much that TTGP is a better fit for bumpies who have started actively trying. (However, I am very invested in many of your journeys.) Here is my question: I have been charting and using opks for several months (and charted for several years prior to a short term with an iud). I am having irregular luteal phases (11-15 days in5 months). Because I have been tracking my cycles, I am fairly confident in O days. Fertility friend thinks this is a problem. While I can find information about Luteal Phase Defect online in terms of a consistently short luteal phase, information about inconsistencies is almost non-existent. Is this something that I should discuss with my ob before/ as we move into actively trying later this year? 

(Also I am running to meetings for a couple hours so if I am delayed in responding, I apologize) 
  • @spottedginger my luteal phase is generally 15-16 days, but it has occasionally been 11 or 12. FF thinks this is a problem, but I talked to my doctor about it, and she does not think it's a problem. She said a lot of things can affect luteal phase, which was news to me, but I did not go to med school... :)
  • spottedgingerspottedginger member
    edited July 2017
    Thanks @doxiemoxie212. FF has had the note yelling at me about it for a couple months and I figured I would ask the awesome wealth of knowledge here before I started worrying. You ladies are the best.

edited for wording. 
  • @spottedginger Are you taking any vitamins or supplements?  Sometimes, those can mess with your cycle in different ways, for example B-complex gave me a longer LP.  Also, you can always post a screenshot of your charts if you wanted a second opinion just to double check

Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
  • Hi @lulu1180. I take the rainbow light once a day prenatal and 2k iu of vitamin d3 daily (per dr's recommendation based on low D last physical). I will try to post screenshots this evening- I mobile bump so I can never tell how huge images post for everyone. Thanks for the info on vitamins. Hopefully those wouldn't interfere. 
  • @spottedginger I doubt those would but just wanted to make sure!

Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
  • @_darth I agree with PP about your chart.  One bit of advice (and forgive me if  you've heard this before) since you're a drooler/mouth-breather like me is to temp vaginally.  I find it to be a lot more consistent (even though my waking times never seem to be, *sigh*) and quite frankly, easier than holding the stupid thermometer in my mouth.  One word of caution, should you decide to give that a try is to wait until a new cycle.  Vag temps tend to run a bit higher, and you want to compare apples to apples.
    Me: 45 OH: 42
    Beloved SS: born 12/2011
    TTC my bio #1/our #2 since January 2016
    **TW** June 2016 had CP **end TW**
    August 2016 - dx with DOR
    Somewhere in here received recommendation to do IVF with donor eggs, elected not to; OH dx with Low T
    May 2017 - began freezing sperm
    June 2017 - OH began treatment for Low T
    July 2017 - began doing 1 IUI via a midwife and 1 at home insemination each cycle
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6259ba
    July 2018 - exhausted frozen sperm, officially NTNP since OH is probably shooting blanks

• @lulu1180 and anyone else who cares to take a peek, please see my charts from March to present in the spoiler. I apologize in advance if they are huge or tiny - I am on mobile and have no idea how they will appear on a computer screen: