October 2017 Moms

workout check in 7-24

1. how was last week and what are your plans for next week?

2. questions?

3. thoughts on how far you'll go now that most of us are in 3rd tri?

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: workout check in 7-24

• abaumeabaume member
    1. how was last week and what are your plans for next week? Last week I only got one workout in. We are remodeling our kitchen and I was wiped out from packing, etc. I definitely burned a ton of calories but I missed the weights.

2. questions? What have you ladies stopped doing this far along. Running or jumping is out of the pic for me. 

3. thoughts on how far you'll go now that most of us are in 3rd tri? Do you mean how long will I continue to work out? If so, I plan on working out until delivery. I did with my first, obviously getting slower towards the end. 
  • WRWrunnergirlWRWrunnergirl member
    edited July 2017
    1. how was last week and what are your plans for next week?
    I think I got in 3 "runs" (mostly running, but definitely several walk breaks each mile) and a couple short yoga videos.
    Plans are pretty much the same this week.  Maybe I'll even get to the gym for weights.  

2. questions?
    For STMs - how much walking did you feel like doing after your last baby was born (before you had clearance to work out again)?  Like taking baby for a walk, going to a store, park, etc.  
    I'd like to walk a 5K at the end of November.  Wasn't sure if that was realistic or not.  

As long as my body will let me! 
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. how was last week and what are your plans for next week? Last week was pretty slack honestly... I graduated from college (after 9 years!! geez) and my friends surprised me at work and brought my favorite strawberry filled cake. I may have eaten half of the cake by myself... :( 

2. questions? None this week, but agree with abaume... no running or jumping anymore. Elliptical has been my go-to. 

3. thoughts on how far you'll go now that most of us are in 3rd tri? I'm aiming for up until delivery too. It's getting hard to breathe because he's up so high... so we'll see. Hoping he drops at some point because this is rough! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • 1. how was last week and what are your plans for next week? Last week I was traveling for work and dropped in to a local crossfit gym twice. I havent done a drop in since I've started to look obviously pregnant and was a little nervous if I'd get any judgmental looks, but everyone was super nice. phew. I've yet to go this week but hoping to get 4 sessions in. 

2. questions?
    @abaume - running and jumping are long gone for me. anything more than 5 and push ups are now on my knees too. 

3. thoughts on how far you'll go now that most of us are in 3rd tri? Hoping to work out until delivery. I took 4 days off this long weekend and just felt lethargic and big. Definitely feel more my usual self if I sweat a little most days.
  • 1. how was last week and what are your plans for next week?
    last week was good, 3 days of HIIT and lifting. i am now away in the mid-west in the middle of a 9 day vacation with family. i haven't worked out yet because my husband is gone and i can't get anything done with my 3 year old. plus its also  mega hot here lol. 

2. questions?
    @WRWrunnergirl  i walked as soon as the bleeding stopped. i loved taking him for 2-3 mile walks a day. it kept me sane.  moving comfort sports bras were amazing because they made it easy for me to breastfeed if he woke up.  as soon as i was cleared by my doc at 6 weeks i went back to the gym. 

i was able to workout on the day i gave birth and i am HOPING i can go that far this time around! i stopped lifting and HIIT at 38 weeks and just walked and did yoga after that.  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • abaumeabaume member
    @WRWrunnergirl hey lady, I did quite a bit of walking but your body will tell you what you can get away with. You will bleed a lot if you over do it to soon after. When is you due date in reference to the 5k?

@cram314 I like doing my push ups in the rings! I feel like I get more out of them. Plus it's good in the shoulders to balance that way for me.

• @abaume - My due date is October 9th and the 5K is the Saturday after Thanksgiving.  It would really just be walking it and probably taking pictures along the way.  It's in this little "Christmastown" and all the houses are decorated and lit up.
  • abaumeabaume member
    @WRWrunnergirl I think you should be totally fine for that. Four weeks after delivery should be enough. That sounds so cool btw!