February 2018 Moms

Baby shower?

2»

Re: Baby shower?

• @eyesofcocoa@yahoo.com I have been to baby showers before that were planned by the momma-to-be and I didn't think anything of it. I honestly didn't know that people considered it rude until I started reading these boards!

As a side note, pot-luck showers seem to be a huge no-no here, but I have never been to a shower (baby, bridal, or graduation party) that wasn't a pot-luck! Am I the only one?

I have even been to a couple of weddings that were pot-luck. Maybe it's a small town thing...or just my town thing lol.
  • Yeah, a pot luck shower or wedding would be a big no-no here and I too live in a small town.

DD born Oct 2011 - DS#1 born Jan 2014 - DS#2 born Apr 2015 - DS#3 born Sept 2016 - LO#5 due Feb 7, 2018

• Loading the player...
  • clc515clc515 member
    I havent heard of potluck baby or bridal showers. I went to one where a group of like 6 girls cooked, but the rest of the guests didnt bring food. 

I have heard it's "wrong" to throw your own shower etiquitte wise. I've also heard its bad form for immediate family to throw a shower because its seen as gift mongering, but almost every shower I've been to has been  hosted by a mom or sister, sooo i think some rules can be flexible based on whats normal for your friends/area.
  • ^^I feel like there are so many "ettiquette" rule too. I always offer to host showers for my girlfriends to help get around them.