February 2016 Moms
Options

Still spotting after sex

Sorry in advance if this is TMI. So at this point I, as well as most of us on this forum, am about 17 months PP. Whenever the hubby and I have sex it is still very uncomfortable/painful at first, even using lube and foreplay. Afterward, I always spot. I am on the depo shot, still breastfeeding, and haven't gotten my period back yet, but almost a year and a half seems pretty long to me. We don't have sex super regularly (in part because the discomfort has kind of killed my libido) but we still do every few weeks so it's not like my body hasn't had a chance to get used to sex yet. Anyone else experience this or have any advice?

Re: Still spotting after sex

• Options
    smn14smn14 member
    Not the spotting, but the discomfort and lack of libido as a result. I had a third degree tear and feel the discomfort along the internal scar line - I guess it isn't as stretchy as before! 
  • Options
    @smn14 I'm sorry you're having those issues too! I didn't even have a tear though. I had an emergency c-section and didn't even get to the pushing part previously (never got past 4.5 cm after 15 hours of contractions a minute apart). Ugh, I think I will talk about it when I go in for my next depo shot. A year and a half seems long.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If I wait a few weeks I am usually sore. Which we have been doing lately so then we end up waiting even longer. I'm 38 weeks pregnant now and I think I'm probably done til this LO comes next week. I did notice I was much more comfortable when we did it more frequently though. Maybe worth a shot?