Trouble TTC

Needing Support; 3 consecutive MC; unexplained

hello all, I'm new here. 

my name is Christina and my husband and I have been TTC since November and have had 3 consecutive miscarriages. The first a blighted ovum and a D&C at 9+ weeks. The second pregnancy ended in a miscarriage at 6+4w. Saw a RE and she tested me for a bunch of things and all have come up negative- no clotting, no uterus problems, good egg numbers and quality. My husband and I both got genetic counseling done too and no problems there. I am 33 years old and am in very good health. Last week, I got a BFP and got blood taken right away by RE. Confirmed pregnancy but had low HCG level of 24, but progesterone was good at 12.42. Days later, I started bleeding and got AF. I am emotionally & mentally exhausted and frustrated. I have no answers as to why I continue to miscarry. RE is hopeful that we will conceive and be successful. Just for the sake of beginning an intervention, she recommended I take 81mg aspirin a week after I stop bleeding this month and she is going to monitor my hcg and progesterone levels one week after I ovulate and go from there. While I'm thankful that there was no obvious problem found from all the testing, I have no answers to why I am miscarrying and each pregnancy is ending sooner that the last. To make matters worse, all 4 of my best friends are currently pregnant and while I am beyond happy for them, I can't help feeling devastated for our own losses. Can anyone relate? Anyone have any insight or advice? 
Christina, 33 / Married DH 32
TTC since Oct 2016

dx: Unexplained; Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
History: 3 Consecutive MCs
  • 1/13/17 1st-Blighted Ovum @ 11w with d&c,
  • 5/4/17 2nd-natural miscarriage at 6w4d, 
  • 7/13/17 3rd- CP
  • 8/11/17 BFN (aspirin)
  • 9/8/17 BFN (aspirin)
  • 10/7 BFN (200mg progesterone)
  • IUI #1 10/20 and 10/21 (Letrozole 2.5mg & Ovidrel Trigger): BFP! 
  • beta hcg levels 11/3= 164 mIU/mL, 11/6= 749 mIU/mL, 11/15=26,516mIU/mL

Re: Needing Support; 3 consecutive MC; unexplained

• @tinabell8 I am so sorry for your losses.  I cannot even imagine.  Unfortunately I have no insight or advice as I have not had similar problems.  I can understand the frustration that comes from having no answers (DH and I are in the "unexplained" block".

All I can do is offer you a creepy-over-the-internet-hug and tell you that the ladies on this board are amazing and can, I am sure, help give you the comfort you need.
    Me:33, DH:38 Married: 8/2/2014
    TTC #1 Since: April 2015
    Unexplained Infertility

Cycle 1&2 : Clomid 50mg- BFN
    Cycle 3: Letrozole 2.5mg- BFN
    Cycle 4: Letrozole 5mg- BFN
    Cycle 5: HSG-normal
                  Clomid 100mg+ Estrace- BFN
    Cycle 6: Letrozole 5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progestrone- BFN
    Cycle 7: Letrozole 5mg, Cyst found during follicle check
    Cycle 8: Birth control to treat left ovary cyst
    Cycle 9: Letrozole 7.5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 10: Letrozole 7.5mg, 2 Cysts found during follicle check
    Cycle 11: Clomid 100mg+Estradiol+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 12: Clomid 100mg- BFN
    Cycle 13-16: Natural attempts while awaiting IVF 
    Cycle 14: IVF-BFN

• I'm sorry for your losses. I don't have any real advice but I'm glad that your RE feels optimistic that you will carry a baby to term. I know several women who have had multiple losses but eventually had health babies. Hopefully youve gotten all of your losses out of the way and you have a healthy baby. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @tinabell8 - ugh, Christina - I'm sorry for your losses and sending you big hugs!

This board is a mix - some people have had a couple of losses, and some women haven't ever been pregnant at all. All of it is really tough. I know what it's like to feel like it's never going to happen for you while being surrounded by pregnant friends. It sucks.

Obviously, my hope for you is that the next one sticks and is "the one", and that these last 3 were just bad luck. 

My only advice is to let yourself mourn, to give yourself time and space. I'm sure you will find the strength to keep going, but sometimes you need to spend a couple of days just letting yourself cry and sleep.

Good luck!
  • I'm so sorry for your losses, I wish there was some amazing advice I could give you but unfortunately there's no magic bullet.  I've had 4 losses myself and the crappy part is there's nothing anyone can say or do, you just need time.  As for your friends I would be honest with them about where you're at and how you're feeling if/when you're comfortable telling them.  It's perfectly normal to feel the way you do and try not to feel guilty about it.  I hope your stay with us is short!  

Me 36 DH 34 - Married May 2010
    DX: PCOS/Unexplained Infertility/MTHFR Mutation
    TTC since December 2014
    Fresh Transfer: Gonal, Menopur, Cetrotide. ~ Chemical Pregnancy :(  
    FET #1: 1st Beta- 3,792~ 2nd Beta- 4,227~ BFP ~ Miscarriage at 8 weeks :( 
    FET #2: 1st Beta 207~2nd Beta 235~ BFP~ Miscarriage at 6 weeks :(
    FET #3: 1st Beta 18~ 2nd Beta 44~BFP~ Miscarriage 5 weeks :(
    FET #4: 1st Beta 50~ 2nd Beta 97.7~ Miscarriage 6 weeks 5 days :(
    FET#5: 1st Beta 29~ 2nd Beta 109~ 3rd Beta 227~ 4th Beta 661~ Miscarriage 5 weeks 3 days 
    Miracle Natural BFP Estimated Due Date June 2019~ God is good 
    2 snow babies 

• Ladies, thank you so much for your replies. I have been reading so many posts on multiple threads and feel like I couldn't get through difficult times like these without the support of others who have been through or suffered with similar (or different) fertility problems. I hope you all are successful soon and your stay short, too. Thank you for the words of reassurance. I know it's ok to not be ok everyday and trying to give myself the space to feel and process things as they come. Positive thoughts and prayers for all of us going through this journey ❤️
    TTC since Oct 2016

• 7/13/17 3rd- CP
    • 8/11/17 BFN (aspirin)
    • 9/8/17 BFN (aspirin)
  • I am so sorry for your losses! I know how you feel as I've lost 5 myself but you'll get through, you're alot stronger than you may believe. I know it's easier said then done but you will in time. Soon enough you'll be holding a beautiful baby in your arms, just stay positive and keep faith. Try yoga too it really helps with calming and stress relief. Acupuncture is helpful too
  • Thank you so much for your encouraging response. I'm so sorry you've gone through 5; I can only imagine how hard that's been for you. You are right though, we are stronger than we know and sometimes being strong is the only option to keep moving on! My DH and I are TTC this week; doing daily ovulation tests so waiting on an LH surge and trying to stay positive and hopeful. Thanks for the yoga and acupuncture recs! I have been doing a little yoga mat work in the last week and just trying to get a bit more blood flow going on. I will look into acupuncture! :)
    TTC since Oct 2016

• 7/13/17 3rd- CP
    • 8/11/17 BFN (aspirin)
    • 9/8/17 BFN (aspirin)