Trying to Get Pregnant

TW Tuesday

Twatwaffle - who/what's yours today?

Re: TW Tuesday

• I posted this selfishly because I want to complain. Mine is this stupid bar exam. DH told me his lunch break today would be noon-1, so I showed up at 11:50 with food. It's now 12:54 and no sign of him or any other test takers. Just tons of confused parents with food. They're not allowed to bring cell phones in so I can't contact him so I have to just keep going in to check. Wahhhhhh I know this must be annoying for him too, and they give you so little info about breaks, but I'm so sick of this rental car! And the convention center smells like decades old cigarettes to me lol. 
  • @doxiemoxie212 - that is so frustrating!! I would be annoyed for having to sit there for over an hour with no idea when they would get out. And if I was on the other side, I would be getting so Hangry.  But I also think it is so cute that so many people came to bring lunch for everyone taking the bar!
    BFP #1 1/4/14  |  Diagnosed with Trisomy 13 at 12 weeks 3/6/14  |  MMC 3/21/14  |   D&C 3/24/14
    BFP #2 7/1/14  |  DS born March 2015
    BFP#3 5/22/17 | MC 6/17/17 at 7w3d
  • Loading the player...
  • @doxiemoxie212 Ugh that's so frustrating. Are they all on a set schedule together? I know for our board exams, it was on the computer and if we got done early we could end the test and walk out if we wanted to. (Written boards I should say, oral boards was a whole other hot mess). 

@justkeepswimming8 Stupid spinning wheel of death. 

Me: 35, Hubbie: 33
    Married DH: 2013
    DD: Dec 2015
    BFP 8/14/17 --> Due 4/27/2018

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• @fishsticks-n-custard much less organized than that and nearly no one finishes early unless they straight up quit. He ended up getting out for lunch at like 1:15, going back in at 1:45, so I'm betting I do even more waiting for him tonight lol. 

Boards are national right? I feel like part of the issue with the bar exam is it's state by state but maybe not if boards are state by state. I just feel like everything my doctor/med school friends do is more straight forward but the grass is always greener. 

Are oral boards like they depict on greys anatomy? Lol (I know I know, least realistic doctor show) 
  • @doxiemoxie212 Ugh! That's frustrating! I'm glad he finally made it out for lunch. 

@justkeepswimming8 The bump site has been driving me crazy, too!

My TW is this pug that lives on my street and it's owner. The girl that owns the dog lets him pull on his leash and bark like crazy, but will then make snide remarks about my dog. Maybe two days ago my dog barked back briefly (which she normally doesn't do), and when we came across them on our walk today she says, "Come on, you know that dog isn't friendly". I understand that my dog is "scarier" when she barks, but your dog does this every time. 
    Me: 27 | DH: 27
    Married: 10/2013
    TTC #1 Since: 02/2017
  • @doxiemoxie212 Yeah, it's national. Maybe that is the difference. 
    In all honesty, I've never seen the Grey's with the oral boards. For me, I showed up to a hotel in Chicago and went from room to room where an examiner would present a patient with a certain chief complaint and I had to say what I would do. There were certain points I had to get and certain things which were style points. It was all really annoying. I'm so glad I never have to do that again. 

Me: 35, Hubbie: 33
    Married DH: 2013
    DD: Dec 2015
    BFP 8/14/17 --> Due 4/27/2018

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• @fishsticks-n-custard I guess it was sort of like that? But more sex ;) also I think someone failed because they didn't get along with someone on the... I don't know what you'd call it? The boards board? Lol
  • My TW is our AC. It can't keep up with the heat and it gets up to 78 in here every day even though we have it set on 72.

*Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• _darth_darth member
    Me From A Year Ago. She picked really ugly curtains for downstairs and then trimmed them poorly. But it doesn't make sense to buy new ones because we are moving in 7 months. I should be able to swap them for the ones from the guest room and the... room with stuff in it, but that leaves one window unaccounted for.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    TTGP August Siggy Challenge: Best Movie Insults
    AbominationStupid head

Lilo and Stitch (2002)     
  • My washing machine. It has stated periodically making brown spots on things. I finally realized what was going on, so hopefully DH can fix it. What was I washing, you might ask? Handmade white curtains I've had up for less than a month. (@_darth there's a curtain theme today)

@lalala2004 that's annoying, does it as least cool off at night? 

@Cricket81 I can't stand poorly behaved little dogs! Being small isn't a pass for poor training. 

@doxiemoxie212 That's awful! Something about lateness just feels so disrespectful. As if people have nothing to do but sit around and wait.
  • I FELL FOR IT AGAIN! I have been in this parking lot again  for an hour! I'm going to lose my mind. How on earth do these bar people not know how long instructions take?? I'm so sick of staring at Levi Stadium! I want to go hooooome!  :'(
  • @doxiemoxie212 oh noooo! That's awful. I had a coworker who once sent his dr.'s office a bill "for his time" when he was made to wait an hour and a half. Maybe you should try that!

• @doxiemoxie212  Oxyclean may help with your curtain fiasco: it's helped me out with several things I thought were permanently ruined.

@fishsticks-n-custard The style points vs the "are you actually safe" points kinda freak me out! 

Today I was roasting almonds, got distracted, and burnt them. Tossed the lot because they were inedible. Since I was roasting a butternut squash anyways, I hollowed out the seeds and roasted them, in place of the almonds for my recipe. Once they were perfectly roasted, I took them out of the oven. Then my husband slipped them back in the oven while I wasn't looking (thinking they were raw maybe?).... before we left for a walk... for 40 minutes! Could've burnt the whole building down! Gah
  • @paleoprincess yes! And fortunately our bedroom stays cool because it doesn't get direct sunlight during the day. By morning it's cold in here.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers