Trying to Get Pregnant

Healthy Habits Week of 7/24

Good Morning!

1. What healthy habit are you working on?

2. How is it going?

3. What is a small win from last week?

4. GTKY: What is your favorite smoothie recipe?

Re: Healthy Habits Week of 7/24

• 1. What healthy habit are you working on?
    Cutting out stevia from coffee, cutting out diet soda, reducing sugar & drinking more water

2. How is it going?
    I've done more than a month without Stevia. (Yay!)  I did have one diet Dr. Pepper last week when AF arrived, but so far, I've done pretty well.  Reducing sugar overall is harder...I have such a sweet tooth.

Got in 4 runs!  

4. GTKY: What is your favorite smoothie recipe?
    I usually put in banana, blueberries, spinach, avocado, flaxseed, peanut butter or protein power, and the almond/coconut milk blend.  It's really yummy!
  • Yay for getting those runs in!

1. What healthy habit are you working on? losing weight

2. How is it going? I was doing well. But now I'm on vacation and eating all the foods

3. What is a small win from last week? I got in a long solo run at a pace I was happy with and I felt good!

4. GTKY: What is your favorite smoothie recipe? ice, half a frozen banana, unsweetened vanilla almond milk, chocolate shakeology, and peanut butter 
  • Loading the player...
  • Healthy habits ftw!

1. What healthy habit are you working on? Currently working on eating well/less processed and convenience foods, cutting out soda, exercising at least 3 times a week

2. How is it going? I started with a new support group on facebook so we'll see how it goes. I'm also trying to journal because that helped me before.

3. What is a small win from last week? I really fell off the wagon last week so I'm struggling right now to think of any wins :( 

4. GTKY: What is your favorite smoothie recipe? @dukestar5 that smoothie sounds delicious! I like spinach in my smoothies but haven't been adding it lately. One of my favorites is banana, chocolate protein powder, peanut butter, milk, little bit of cinnamon and oats.
  • So I have decided that I need to join you ladies. I always do better when I am being held accountable by someone other than myself, so here is hoping this will help some:

1. What healthy habit are you working on? I really need to work on my sweet tooth. The last few months I have gone a little overboard with the ice cream and chocolate and it needs to come to an end now. 

2. How is it going? Ha! Day one, so give me a few days to see how I tolerate the change. 

3. What is a small win from last week? None that I would feel justified enough to post here. 

4. GTKY: What is your favorite smoothie recipe? Not really a smoothie person. I do a chocolate protein, banana, peanut butter ice cream that is delicious though. 
  • Echoing @nitnat007, I need more accountability, so here I am!

1. What healthy habit are you working on?

Reducing sugar intake.

2. How is it going?
    Um... that's why I'm here. I may or may not have eaten a pint of ice cream all by myself over the weekend.

Last week was really, really rough, so no wins to post.

I usually make yogurt-based smoothies. Plain yogurt, agave syrup to sweeten, frozen berries (strawberry, raspberry, and/or blueberry), and any other fruit I have around. I need to get some protein powder!
  •  What healthy habit are you working on?
    Healthier overall lifestyle, weight loss, train for a 5k

2. How is it going?
    Recovering from arm surgery, so terrible.  I haven't exercised in a week , and have eaten any and all foods.
    I drank less than normal, not that I drink. That much, but the calories ....

i usually just throw what I have lying around together.  Generally, I do blueberries, banana and Greek yogurt.

• @darkstar42. You are a girl after my own heart! I love ice cream and have been known to eat a pint by myself. Haha.  

@holly321. How is your arm feeling? Are you back at work? How long does your doc advise you to rest?
  • @dukestar5, good job on the runs!  I M surprised how much I missed it this week, so a stress relief.  And my arm feels so much better now that I have the bandages off.  In rest, it isn't bothering me at all, just if I touch something or pick up something too heavy.  My only restriction as of today is no heavy lifting.  I am afraid the bouncing and jostling of running will hurt. I went back to work today, which I should have only for half, because typing and using the mouse really hurt after awhile, but the longer I am gone the more work just builds up.  Thanks for asking!
    @purplg8r, have fun on vacation, and you got to indulge every now and then!
    @peppersmith22, recognizing you fell off the wagon, and wanting I do better is a win.  I have many times fallen off and gone months of eating whatever I want!  It is easy to do it.
    @nitnat007 , ice cream is such a weakness for me!  And I am staying at my parents house, and they always have it.  It's not good! 
    @darkstar42, at least it was just a pint!
    @kindbytealikat, good luck with portion control.  That used to be the hardest part for me.
  • izza2izza2 member
    @peppersmith22 - I hope the FB group works well for you!

1. What healthy habit are you working on? More water, less refined sugars, counting macros, less caffeine, more exercise

2. How is it going? Meh.

3. What is a small win from last week? I've only had one cup of coffee every day the last week, so I'm counting that as a win.

4. GTKY: What is your favorite smoothie recipe? Vanilla yogurt, ice, milk, banana, blueberries

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• 1. What healthy habit are you working on?
    I am really trying to cut out as much processed foods as possible.

2. How is it going?
    I am doing my best I've been reading all my labels, skipping fast foods, and just trying to eat more fresh fruits and veggies.

Got in a lot of walking last week. Helped my friends prepare of a house warming party. 

Kale, banana, peanut butter, protein powder, and protein nut milk
    Me: 34 DH: 33
    DD: 07/19/18
    EDD: 06/22/22