July 2016 Moms
Options

1 year mom Check-In

Well, it's been a whole year! We've survived but I know there have been bumps, bruises, losses, gains, struggles and triumphs. Here's the place to list 'em all

1) Current happiest surprise about having LO
2) Any body/physical changes still happening? 
3) anything you miss about prebaby life (no judgement)
4) Have you lost friends/family over LO?
5) any friendships changed for the better with LO?
6) Other major life changes in the past year
7)  What have you gotten the most "Mom Shame" about
8) Greatest "I survived" moment 
9) Thing you most look forward to in the coming year

Re: 1 year mom Check-In

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    1) Current happiest surprise about having LO: I'm still so surprised at how attached to me he is, even though I work full time. It's the best when he just wants me in a room of people--a little selfish, but I was worried that working would hurt this somehow
    2) Any body/physical changes still happening? 
    My hips are definitely wider and I still have a lower belly pooch. I just found out I'm pregnant again, so I don't see these changing any time soon
    3) anything you miss about prebaby life (no judgement): I miss the spontaneity of doing whatever we want and taking a nap on a weekend afternoon. Or staying out late and not worrying about how the baby is doing with someone else watching him. 
    4) Have you lost friends/family over LO?
    Not especially. I think some of us have naturally grown apart a little. My best friend had a miscarriage right before my LO was born, but now we are actually due a week apart, so I think this will bring us closer together and neither of us wanted to take about the high/low things too in-depth when we were on opposite ends of the spectrum last year
    5) any friendships changed for the better with LO?
    I have a few other friends who had their first kids shortly after us, so it's been nice offering support to them and having people to talk about kids with 
    6) Other major life changes in the past year?
    Not really. 
    7)  What have you gotten the most "Mom Shame" about?
    Probably BLW and skipping purees. I wouldn't do anything differently though. 
    8) Greatest "I survived" moment?
    Surviving the first month of breastfeeding and making it to a year. It was rough at the beginning, but now my goal is 2 years--we'll see how that turns out though. Oh, also surviving on limited sleep as he was a terrrrrrible sleeper
    9) Thing you most look forward to in the coming year?
    Just continuing to watch him grow and learn and then become a big brother.