Trying to Get Pregnant

GTKY: Travel

Ok, go to google images and type in the name of the place where you last traveled to for a vacation. Show us the 4th picture that pops up! And tell s where it is and why you loved/hated it.

Re: GTKY: Travel

• Loading the player...
  • @SkilledSailor, it gets better, on the first floor of the room you have the bedroom/bathroom/sitting area/etc. and there's a jacuzzi hot tub that opens onto your balcony (and that's in all the rooms, not just the expensive ones). 
    Can you tell I'm obsessed with this place now?

Spoiler because the picture is huge: 

Me: 35, Hubbie: 33
    Married DH: 2013
    DD: Dec 2015
    BFP 8/14/17 --> Due 4/27/2018

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• @fishsticks-n-custard Stop it! I think I need to know the name of the hotel now. 
  • @SkilledSailor It's the Excellence Resort in Playa Mujeres.
    https://www.excellenceresorts.com/resorts/excellence-playa-mujeres/

If you shop around and have flexible dates, usually you can find deals for them. The food is amazing and I found the shows entertaining (though admittedly I was pretty tipsy most of the time). 

Me: 35, Hubbie: 33
    Married DH: 2013
    DD: Dec 2015
    BFP 8/14/17 --> Due 4/27/2018

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• @SkilledSailor oh lord the Amsterdam airport. We flew delta, directly from Amsterdam back to NYC for whatever it's worth. Here's what happened: 

you get to the airport and start in one main hub (you're not dropped off by terminal), so you walk like 5-10 min with all your checked bags to your terminal. Then go up a few floors. Then wait in a very long line to check bags. Then walk up more stairs. Then wait in a long line. Answer a bunch of random questions (this was right after the Muslim ban so I don't know if it was related?? But it was absolutely everyone so shrug). Then wait in I KID YOU NOT a 90 minute line. Then the security stations were like... if you can picture a grocery line checkout but with one check out guy (security guy) and like 6 stations. The guy in the center gives a lot of instructions (except DH went to a different kiosk than I did and got zero instructions) such as every single thing needs it's own bin, and you have to remove all cords and electronics from your bags. Then you wait to get scanned. Then you wait for your bags. Then invariably your bags have to be researched because you've left SOMETHING in the depths of a pocket. Literally every single person gets researched so you wait in another line. THEN YOU GET IN A LONG ASS PASSPORT LINE!

It literally took us 3.5 hours, and by this point we had 20 min before our flight left, and we were gate 51, and it started at 1! And then, we finally get there with 5 min to spare, AND THERES ANOTHER SECURITY CHECK! Literally made me take off my boots and swipe around in them, unpack all our bags again, etc. Its BANANAS! I asked friends after and if you just take a train to anywhere else there's nothing crazy at all so it's not drug related. 
  • @SkilledSailor We definitely weren't bored, but I think it depends on where you go in Ireland. There's tons too do in Dublin, and Killarney is beautiful (it was our favorite stop), but we didn't care so much for Cork (if we spend more than a couple days there, we might have gotten bored). 
    Me: 27 | DH: 27
    Married: 10/2013
    TTC #1 Since: 02/2017
  • @cricket648, aww, I studied abroad in Cork and loved it! I could see that it might be more fun as a resident than as a tourist, though. Not a lot of high-interest tourist things to do in the city itself, though it was a great home base for exploring the surrounding areas.
  • @Augusta108 Don't get me wrong, we still had a great time in Cork! We thought Kinsale was adorable and saw Charles Fort (DH loves that kind of thing). We just liked Dublin and Killarney more. 
    Me: 27 | DH: 27
    Married: 10/2013
    TTC #1 Since: 02/2017
  • @jsnakehole, I would love to take a history themed trip to Europe someday with a WWI or WWII focus. Bastogne sounds like an interesting stop!
  • @SkilledSailor Venice is my #2 after Greece
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• holli0801holli0801 member
    edited July 2017
    @Cricket648 @Augusta108 ah! Kinsale was my favorite stop in Ireland!! So beautiful! <3

@nitnat007 that's amazing. I love Costa Rica. Whereabouts do your parents live? 
  • @darkstar42 We just got back from Iceland a few weeks ago! I think I recognize the photo, too. If I'm not wrong, that waterfall is in northeast Iceland (we drove around the entire island). That canyon is the largest in Iceland, if I'm thinking about the right place.
    Me & DH: 28
    EDD #1: 4/2018
  • @hollieileen They live in Palm Beach Estates (Playa Grande/Tamarindo area). They have a home that they do vacation rentals with and a small bachelor apartment that they live in full time. I just love being on the beach down there. So pretty and peaceful. Where have you gone in CR?
  • @nitnat007 Nice! We were near playa Hermosa for a few days, then drove down the coast, stopped in Jaco on our way to Utiva for the Envison Festival a few years ago  :)
  • @lalalaj Santorini is my faaaavorite! We went two years ago for DH's bar trip, and I keep trying to think of excuses to go back. Which area did you stay in?
  • @lalalaj Santorini is top of my list for sure!
  • @lalalaj yyyaaasss! I want to go to there  :):)
  • @doxiemoxie212 We stayed in Oia right on the cliffs (just on the other side of the blue domes in the photo). Crazy little cave apartment with low ceilings - but It really was perfect. We went to Athens and Aegina when we were there, also... the whole trip was spectacular.