Trying to Get Pregnant

Game of Thrones S7E2

This is a place to discuss GoT.... obviously spoilers abound! 

--

How would you rate this episode 1-10 (1 worst, 10 best)? Why? 

Favorite moment? 

Least favorite moment? 

Did any of your predictions come true this ep? 

Did you cry? If so, when/why? 

Who "won the week" in your opinion? (Stealing this Q from Talk the Thrones :)

Who, if anyone, dies next ep? 

Overall predictions for this season/next episode? 

Questions? 

Re: Game of Thrones S7E2

• How would you rate this episode 1-10 (1 worst, 10 best)? Why? 9 ... got some sexy scenes, some battling, got to see NYMERIA, got to see Arya realize her siblings are alive... I just got a lot of feels with this episode. :) 

Favorite moment? Too many. When Dany talked about Jon Snow. <3  When Arya decided to head back North. When Nymeria showed up. 
    But come on.. the best moment was "YOU ARE MY WEAKNESS" with Greyworm. omggggg. MELTING!!!!

Least favorite moment? When Cersei found a way to kill the dragons. I am not looking forward to a dragon death, guys. I won't survive. 

Did any of your predictions come true this ep? Yep! Totally wasn't expecting two sand snakes to die. I thought he would bring them ALL back as his gift but... guess not. 

Did you cry? If so, when/why? I got teary eyed when Arya saw Nymeria but realized she is wild. :( 

Who "won the week" in your opinion? (Stealing this Q from Talk the Thrones ) Sam. He just doesn't give a fuck and is determined to find a cure for greyscale on his own and also told Jon about the dragon glass. So he's just winning all around but all the while being quiet about it. It's great. 

Who, if anyone, dies next ep? Just hoping it's Littlefinger. ha

Overall predictions for this season/next episode? No predictions at the moment. I am just anxious for what is to come. Some many expected things :) 

Questions? How the eff is Reek...(he's Reek again, right?) gonna get back on land? hm? Riddle me that. 

Me: 33
    DH: 30
    TTC #2 Since April 2017
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• How would you rate this episode 1-10 (1 worst, 10 best)? Why? 9 - It seemed like a lot happened and everything moved along! I really liked the battle - esp that shot with the rocket - Arya and Nymeria, Hot Pie! Got to see the dragon skulls again. If they kill a dragon though I'm going to be SO SAD.

Favorite moment? I liked when Jon Snow beat up Littlefinger, but other than that probably the part with Arya and Hot Pie.

Least favorite moment? When Theon jumped over the side of the boat. Come on, dude. 

Did any of your predictions come true this ep? Not yet.

Did you cry? If so, when/why? Nope! It was really sweet when Arya turned back to Winterfell though.

Who "won the week" in your opinion? (Stealing this Q from Talk the Thrones ) Well probably Greyworm and Missandei. Although I'll admit I'm a little confused on the eunuch sex thing

Who, if anyone, dies next ep? I agree with @garnetandgoldgrace, I would be totally fine if someone took out Littlefinger. He is a very annoing character.

Overall predictions for this season/next episode? 

Questions? 
  • Loading the player...
  • How would you rate this episode 1-10 (1 worst, 10 best)? Why? 7, It was a connecting episode so there wasn't a lot of stuff actually happening. Just a lot of things lining up, so I am really looking forward to the next few episodes. 

Favorite moment? I loved when Arya realized her brother is at home! And loved even more when she decided to go there instead of Kings Landing.

Least favorite moment? I could have done without the sea battle. I'm just not very connected to any of those people. 

Did any of your predictions come true this ep? I don't think I made any predictions. I read a lot of the ones from y'all on last week's thread though! 

Did you cry? If so, when/why? I teared up a bit when Arya decided to go home. I love her so much. 

Who "won the week" in your opinion? (Stealing this Q from Talk the Thrones ) I agree with @garnetandgoldgrace , Sam wins. He's like the other side of the Varys coin. He knows all these things and just passes the info along but his information saves people rather than kills them. 

Who, if anyone, dies next ep? If the old gods are good, it'd be Little Finger. Ugh so tired of him. 

Overall predictions for this season/next episode? None, I just desperately hope that Jon and Daenerys become BFFs.  

• How would you rate this episode 1-10 (1 worst, 10 best)? Why? 3. I absolutely loathed this episode. The writing felt lazy and clumsy and lacked nuance, and half the storylines have holes in them. It just seemed to drag on forever to me.

Favorite moment? When Arya found out her family was back in Winterfell.

Least favorite moment? When Sam somehow found the cure for grayscale like nothing even though thousands of much better trained maesters have come before him. Guess ol' Sam is just magic. Also: when Cersei called Euron the king of the Iron Islands like that was ok. Really, Cersei? Cause y'all were at war with his father (one of the 5 "kings" that started this whole effing mess) because he proclaimed himself king. But sure, treason is cool now if it's from a man who's gonna give you his ships, esp if he looks like a f^ckboy from Pirates of the Caribbean. Also: Davos saying that dragons could kill the white walkers. No shit writers, please give us a little more credit and stop making these characters say things in such painfully obvious ways. 

Did any of your predictions come true this ep? Nymeria coming back

Did you cry? If so, when/why? No

Who "won the week" in your opinion? (Stealing this Q from Talk the Thrones ) Jon Snow. He's pretty stubborn in his honorability and I like that. 

Who, if anyone, dies next ep? Hmmm maybe Arya will kill Littlefinger

Overall predictions for this season/next episode? Just that Tyrion is gonna ride a dragon.

Questions? Who was that hanging off the boat? my TV was so dark, I couldn't tell. Was it Ellaria Sand?
  • @looeeze I think it was the other sand sisters but not Ellaria - I couldn't tell if it was Yara or not
  • @looeeze that was Nymeria Sand, the Sand snake, she was hanging by her own whip. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• @peppersmith22 @looeeze I thought it was yara hanging but no one seems to agree with me... so I have no idea 
  • @garnetandgoldgrace I done with Reek/Theon. So much screen time has been invested in this character and it's been so up and down, I just don't care anymore. I kind of hope he just drowns (but he won't). He better do something damned important in the end. 
    @looeeze Those are good points on the inconsistencies. I overall agree that much of the episode felt lazy and the crazy pirate scene was especially so. Also, I'm still just not getting it - they just barely set sail and got set upon by Euron and crew. Why weren't Euron and crew waiting for Dany when she arrived? Also, how did Euron know exactly where and when to sneak up on Yara's fleet, and know that all the Dornish ladies would be on board? That intelligence was pinpoint accurate in a way that was either sloppy writing or evidence of a leak. On Sam finding the cure - I interpreted it like @doxiemoxie212 did. Honestly it seems most Maesters are total wuss-coward-intellectuals who can't be bothered to do anything that isn't reading or dissecting dead bodies. Qyburn is such a weirdo and has an evil mind, but I can totally see why he left the order for a degree in getting shit done. 

How would you rate this episode 1-10 (1 worst, 10 best)? Why? 6 because things I wanted to happen did happen, and the season is moving much more quickly than usual, but at the same time there was some clumsy stuff in there. 

Favorite moment? Sam being a real BAMF and deciding to treat Jorah even though he risked his own health in the process. 

Least favorite moment? Reek's cowardly return when Yara needed Theon the most. I get that he has PTSD, and a real life person I wouldn't fault for acting that way, but I've had about enough. The pirate invasion generally also felt, idk, really off and cheap somehow. 

Did any of your predictions come true this ep? I thought that Sam would figure out how to treat Jorah. 

Did you cry? If so, when/why? Nope. 

Who "won the week" in your opinion? (Stealing this Q from Talk the Thrones )  Euron even though I don't like him or his Euro-trash vibe. 

Who, if anyone, dies next ep? I see a lot of speculation re Little Finger and I agree LF is not going to survive the season, but idk if he will die next ep. I think Ellaria is next to go.

Overall predictions for this season/next episode? Things are unfolding at a record setting pace (or so it seems to me). I think we will be seeing Jon and Dany meet again very soon. We also last left Bran at the Wall so I expect he and Arya will be making it to Winterfell very soon. Nymeria and her pack will make a reappearance deus ex machina style when Arya is in trouble. 

Questions? I also was confused about exactly who died at the end of that fight. I felt badly for Yara that her new found power was taken away so quickly. 
  • @zamora_spin I think theon will survive until he's able to give his life to save a Stark. I feel likes he's a ghost at this point, chained to this world with unfinished business but not actually living. I agree they're stringing it out tho. Even before he was a traitor he wasn't particularly likable or enjoyable to watch. 
  • @zamora_spin @looeeze I remembered something else I wanted to talk about - seriously the directing has been so so bad for everything related to dorne and that battle scene with Euron was no different. Wtf like, some of the choreography was decent but it was lit so poorly, the performances were so flat (and we know the sand snakes can act from other things) 
  • @doxiemoxie212 Wow, you put that so poetically about Theon! You are probably right. At this point he really does need to do something huge to redeem both himself and all that sunk screen time. I thought his story line would end shortly after he helped Sansa escape but then it just... didn't. 
    I always feel like Dorne and the Dornish people should be cool but it just never works out. That fight scene on the ship should have been cool too, but yeah, it was off somehow. 
  • @looeeze I don't think they can in this, but I've seen some of them in other shows where I think they do a much better job. Maybe partially accent related? But also def directing. It's lazy AF.
  • @looeeze Love that whole list. 
  • How would you rate this episode 1-10 (1 worst, 10 best)? Why? Hmm probably a 6. It was good, but I definitely agree that is was a connection episode and not a whole lot of story line. 

Favorite moment? I have to say Arya (and I apologize to her for my comments last week when she went south and not north. She didn't know, so I take it back). Definitely gave me the feels.

Least favorite moment? Ew the puss. The timing of that and switching to the pie. Nicely done though. Otherwise the entire battle scene was a bit of a snorefest and rather gory. I could have done without most of that. And Reek making his appearance once again. He is mentally done. 

Did any of your predictions come true this ep? Arya meeting up with Nymeria. But that was a tough one to watch. Sad

Did you cry? If so, when/why? Nope

Who "won the week" in your opinion? (Stealing this Q from Talk the Thrones ) Shudders.....Euron. Well played. He said he would have a gift for Cersei, and he does. 

Who, if anyone, dies next ep? The Sand girls are all going down next episode and Cersei is going to make Ellaria watch for sure. She is sick like that. 

Overall predictions for this season/next episode? Not really. Not too great at them. 

Questions? 
  • @doxiemoxie212 I like your point about Theon/Reek and unfinished business. 

@looeeze loved the Euron list. Thanks for sharing 

@fishsticks-n-custard glad I'm not the only one who was gagging at that scene and seriously, we got the point, like do they need to drag it out. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• Here's a good write-up that lists out some of the same grievances with the episode that I had. 
  • edited July 2017
    I think this episode is a good setup of things simply because it's about time that aunt and nephew meet (Jon and Daenerys). I have a bunch of different predictions about this season:

1) Bran is going to Warg into one of the dragons in the great war because when the 3 eyed Raven first met Bran he told him that he will never walk again but he will fly I think that's what he meant.

2) I believe that Jon Snow (Targaryen) is the promised prince and from the prophecy that Rhaegar Targaryen was told about the 3 headed dragon being representative of his 3 children. Also, the White Walkers have a prophecy just like the Red Woman does and the reason they keep taking all these male babies is because they're looking for the promised Prince a baby born of fire and ice. Lyanna Stark was known for her blue ice flowers and Rhaegar of course the dragon. Rhaegar was in love with Lyanna, fire and ice. R+L=J 

3) I also think that the Night King might be Rhaegar Targaryen simply because the Night King took all the baby boys from Craster's Keep because he was looking for the promised prince. I could be wrong but I think it may be a possibility. 

The whole show has a lot of foreshadowing and I can keep going but I don't want to spoil it for anybody. I have delve myself into the GoT seasons and books to keep me from obsessing about the TTCing process lol. The show doesn't follow the books exactly but they have the same foundation/background information so it definitely fills in a lot of the holes and missing pieces.