December 2017 Moms

Sunday ticker change 7/23

sjissjis member
edited July 2017 in December 2017 Moms

We haven't had a Sunday ticker change in a while!

How far along are you? How big is baby?

Any upcoming appointments this week?

How are you feeling?  Any new symptoms or changes this week?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: Who are your man crushes *ahem* besides DH, SO? <3

Re: Sunday ticker change 7/23

• How far along are you? How big is baby?
    21 weeks. Size of a banana.

Upcoming appointments this week?

See my OB Wednesday.

How are you feeling?

Good. I've cut down my anti-nausea meds to less than half of what I was taking even a week ago.

Rants/Raves/Questions?

My usual rant. I'm so mad about this one. Still waiting for an appointment for my 20 week ultrasound. Will be seeing if my OB can push them to book it or move jt
    elsewhere tomorrow.

GTKY Who are your man crushes other than SO?

Channing Tatum 

• sjissjis member
    edited July 2017
    @cmillar36 oh wow, your ob really dropped the ball on this one. I'd be mad too!

17 weeks, team blue

this Tuesday, for my 2nd trimester ultrasound 

pretty good. My belly has finally popped. My hair, eyebrow hairs, eyelashes keep falling out! Ugh. Also the acne has still been persistent. Meanwhile the hair on my belly is growing like crazy. Did not have any of these weird symptoms when pregnant with DD.

Rants/Raves/Questions?

none so far

GTKY: Who are your man crushes *ahem* besides DH, SO? 

I've had a crush on Keanu Reeves forever! Total dreamboat! Also Ewan Mcgreggor!
  • Loading the player...
  • @cmillar36  I can't believe it still hasn't happened -  I think you first mentioned it to us almost a month ago that you were irritated they hadn't scheduled yet! Hoping it gets taken care of ASAP!

@sjis I feel you on the acne. It's like no matter how well I take care of my skin it's going to revolt during pregnancy, ugh. 

20 weeks (halfway!) and as big as a banana. 

meeting w/ my midwife on Tues. 

I'm fine, still a little tired but that's probably more from getting over bronchitis than pregnancy. Only new "symptoms" are my rapidly growing bump and boobs! 

Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    Rave: I love HelloFresh meal delivery and I don't think my family would eat without it right now! 

I'm in love with Benedict Cumberbatch. Embarrassingly so
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Anniversary
  • sjissjis member
    @ilikestars089 Benedict cumberbatch is amazing and incredibly hot in Parade's End.  :)
  • How far along are you? How big is baby?
    19 weeks - tomato or mango

Not this week, but the next Monday I have my anatomy scan

I feel pretty good, some cramping

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Rave: husband got me a gift card to a spa so I had a prenatal massage :). I wasn't really sore or anything but it felt good!

Mark Wahlberg? Hahaha... he was even a singer/rapper back in the day: Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch.

• How far along are you? How big is baby?
    21 weeks, size of burritos

None this week

headaches continue, braxton hicks continue, heartburn is getting worse and I'm in full on nesting mode. I only have a few more weeks until the bump is too big for me to do the stuff I want to! 

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    @ashtynmo I got a prenatal massage today and loved it also! 
    Raves: my sister had her baby on Thursday! He's super cute and I'm excited that mine and hers will be so close in age.
    Rants: my to do list is forever growing and I'm barely able to keep up with the house work. I talked with my DH about it and he got irritated that I was frustrated about it. I think I've given up on the idea of a clean house and am seriously considering hiring a maid to come every two weeks whenever I end up on bed rest,  and possibly the first couple months after the twins are born. 

GTKY: Who are your man crushes *ahem* besides DH, SO? 3
    JJ Watt is my eye candy
  • How far along are you? How big is baby? 19 weeks today. Babies are the size of mangoes.

A/S scheduled for Tuesday, excited and nervous.

feeling okay I guess. kinda uncomfortable today and getting some headaches.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Rant:
    Why do I always feel the most rotten on Sundays. I'd rather feel rotten during the week while I'm at work than on the weekends. Got nothing done today. Rave goes to the husband who helped me shave this evening. Twisting that way just wasn't going to happen today.

Question: How high should the uterus be with twins at 19 weeks?
    Could of sworn I got a kick in the lower ribs while in the bath just now.

GTKY: Who are your man crushes *ahem* besides DH, SO? 3
    I'm on the Benedict Cumberbatch train as well. He is a cutie, also his voice is a deadly weapon. I think part of the attraction comes from him always playing super intelligent characters. I listened to a documentary (nature, I think) with him as the narrator.
  • cassi4cassi4 member
    19 weeks, size of a game boy

Nothing this week

I passed my 3 hour glucose tolerance test! Allowed myself 2 days of bad food choices, and now I'm back to healthy eating. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Why is my OB so obsessed with ultrasounds? She couldn't find a heartbeat with the Doppler, although we heard and felt kicks, so she panicked and had me get an ultrasound to confirm heartbeat. 
    She also wanted to do the 20 week anatomy scan in office as well as at the Perinatalogist, but I said that's way too much. 

Meh. My celebrity crushes both died in 2016, so nobody has caught my interest since. 
  • @stella_700 I bought a shower stool. Actually it think it's a outdoor chair footrest (from IKEA), but it gets the job done. I started to get nervous about shaving in my stand up shower, and this totally helps! On the uterus size, that sounds about right. I have a lot of Braxton Hicks, so I can definitely feel where the top of mine is, and at 21 weeks I'm just growing out bc there is no more up to go.
  • SierraGoodSierraGood member
    edited July 2017
    we're 21 weeks baby is the size of an Endive. 
    I have my anatomy scan today at one and I'm so excited!!!! 
    feeling pretty good. Nothing new just done symptoms getting worse... My doc said because of my varicose veins being so bad and the location of them is puts me at an increased risk for DVT so we're watching that to see how it all plays out.
     Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Rave: DD wasn't feeling well yesterday so she was laying on my tummy and cuddling well I guess the peanut got tired of her being there as kicked her.... DD sat up tapped my tummy as goes "no no not nice"
    man crush: Omar Epps
    Edit: cause it cut my post
  • edited July 2017
    20 weeks and baby is size of a mango

next appt is on August 10 (I'll be 22 weeks)

last night I noticed my nipples leaking! ...and again this morning! 

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    DH asked his mother and her bf to move out by November/December and they agreed but haven't made any motions to move yet. Should I be worried? I really want to start designing the nursery!

GTKY: Who are your man crushes *ahem* besides DH, SO? 3
    Jon Snow
  • KathrynJ088 Thanks, I'll scope it out. I actually could use two of those, one for the shower and one to help me into the pool as I get bigger. : )

Is anyone else dealing with massive snoring? I am according to DH a heavy breather at the loudest while asleep until pregnancy, now I guess I snore like a freight train. I've tried breath right strips but they are a touch too big to be comfortable. I've driven DH to the couch on multiple occasions, while he has dealt with it kindly it bothers me to not have him there with me at night. With the lesser drive right now sleeping close is filling my need for physical intimacy. He's going to try ear plugs tonight, I'm open to suggestions.
  • Spoke to my OB office this morning. They were quite surprised I haven't been seen yet. They are going to see if I can get it done through genetics due to my history. Hope to hear back later today.
  • cmillar36cmillar36 member
    edited July 2017
    Appointment is on Friday. After so much back and forth.

Im having anxiety over appointment now. Last anatomy scan we had we found out our daughter was seriously ill. Doctors gave us 0 hope she would survive even without knowing her diagnosis at this point. And I'm going to appointment by myself. Husband can't take time off work as he just got back from holidays.