February 2018 Moms

Weekly Symptoms 7/23

i think it's time to hit refresh on the symptoms thread. How much does your body hate you this week?

Re: Weekly Symptoms 7/23

• Thanks for starting this!
    My body is playing one long joke on me. Approaching the second trimester, a lot of my symptoms seeeeem to be going away. After a few days of no nausea I thought "yay! It's over!" Wrong. Vomited outside Ann Taylor yesterday. 

Newest symptom is serious back/ flank aches. Deep sharp pain that comes and goes in waves. Haven't slept through the night in 5 days. When is february? Is it time yet? Are we done??
  • @wal2017 I laughed out loud at your "are we done?" comment... ha... oh, it gets SO much better... we need to save and compare a "symptoms" thread from now and then 39 weeks. It gets MUCH better (cue evil laugh)

I'm less nauseous this week which is a plus because I start school next week and need to be able to function better without naps. 

Fun new symptom, I have breakfast at 7:30 ish and by 10:45 I have felt shaky, hungry, sweaty (like low blood sugar). I forgot about that feeling. So I need to eat every 2-3 hours, just a little bit at least to keep my blood sugar in check. Such a cruddy feeling. My sleep is off too. I have very vivid dreams and wake up randomly for no reason and to go to the bathroom. I'm tired. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm 10 weeks today and the last few days don't even feel pregnant anymore. I know this is when symptoms level out for a lot of us. Still nerve wracking. Still tired with the occasional headache. Have an appt this week! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • keshupe29 said:
    I'm 10 weeks today and the last few days don't even feel pregnant anymore. I know this is when symptoms level out for a lot of us. Still nerve wracking. Still tired with the occasional headache. Have an appt this week! 
    Right there with you for a couple days. Now new symptoms are showing up 
  • JaymeMacJaymeMac member
    edited July 2017
    Honestly most of the pukey nastiness has subsided! (for now)
    this pregnancy is much more tiring than my last...but worth it to give my darling boy a sibling!!! 
  • Oh this is perfect! My body couldn't decide between not going for three days or going three times in one day....so it decided both were good.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• @rainafire77 I know that feeling all too well. 

And what is with me being nearly 12 weeks and still feeling like I'm going to puke most days. 
  • rainafire77rainafire77 member
    edited July 2017
    @smorzandoj With DD I had no symptoms first trimester. Second trimester had me puking every single day.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• I have been in hell the last 4 days. I woke up with a sore throat and fullness in my ears, thought it was a sinus or ear infection. Went to the doctor and all was fine...turned out to be acid reflux backing into my throat. Called my OB and she switched me from Prevacid to Zantac. After 3 days of feeling like absolute crap (nauseous, vomiting, wiped out, and worse reflux), I called the on call doctor and she said that shouldn't be happening. Wants me to try Prilosec, as this was always what worked for me before I was pregnant. It's a category c But she thinks it's the best route since I am not even functioning at this point. Seriously, I had to have my mom come the past 4 days and take care of my daughter (and me!). I am praying the Prilosec works...I can't take any more of this!
  • clc515clc515 member
    The nonsteroidal cream for my ever increasing eczema doesnt seem to be working so my skin is awful to feel, awful to look at. I hope my obgyn sees how bad it is on wed and reconsiders the class c drug that did work almost immediately and okays it. This is literally the worst my skin has been in my life. Praying this kiddo gets DH's skin lol.

The nausea during the day is lightening up, but sadly the puking is still around. Praying that goes away soon as im at the 12 week mark. Also sometimes feel that sharp pain in my groin which is fun. Always an adventure.
  • I had 4 days in a row of not feeling as nauseous...only just right before bed, and I thought yay! Finally I see a light at the end of the tunnel.  And then yesterday happened, and I wanted to crawl in a hole and hibernate for at least two more weeks...ugh MS is kicking my ass. (10w4d).  But DS was soooo good yesterday, hardly required any of my undivided attention and played mostly solo.  I felt so guilty but it was great to be on the couch all day.
  • I'm starting to feel like my 24/7 nausea is manageable now. However, I'm starting to dry heave. If I don't put something into my stomach at least every 1.5-2 hours, I start to dry heave. It's starting to happen now every hour, even when I'm not hungry. I'm not sure what to do, except keep snacking alk the time and put up with it for the next 4 weeks. I'm 10 weeks today. 

Married 1/09/10

BFP 6/10/14
    EDD 2/17/15
    DS 2/17/15

BFP 6/12/17
    EDD 2/18/17
    Deja vu??

• Seems like I'm not the only though who thought MS had passed and then was very very wrong. It's better than it was but I still got sick last night and don't feel too great today. I'm so ready for 2nd trimester.
    TW*** Child and loss mentioned
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    PCOS/Ovulation Dysfunction 11/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    Laparoscopy 3/17 Endo and tubal damage
    IVF- 4/17- 40 eggs retrieved, 10 blasts, 7 pgs tested embryos
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • Finally my doctor prescribed me zofran. Since reglan and diclegis suck. Maybe now I can function like a normal human. 
  • I've still been really nauseous lately. I gag a lot and usually throw up once a day. I am getting excited to get into that second trimester! (10W3D). I've had a bit more energy these days but lose it by the end of the day! I'm hoping to start feeling Normal soon!! I just bought a fetal doppler today and hope I can learn how to use it!! 
  • 10 weeks this week and my food aversions are just getting worse. I cannot stand the sight of cooked meat. I can't eat it, but I can't watch anyone else it eat either. Poor husband. Aside from that, the exhaustion is hanging around, but I can feel spurts of energy here and there. Ready to start feeling human again. 
  • @smorzandoj  Same for me.  Even with zofran I'm still a bit nauseous, but diclegis didn't work for me either.  Now, I'm functional.  Thank goodness!  I was starting to miss work.
  • I am 12 weeks and I was really really hoping the nausea would be getting better. NOPE. Still going strong
  • Exhausted and nauseous. Usually the nausea is in the late afternoon/evening, today it started as soon as I got out of bed.
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Food aversions are killing me. I'm so hungry and can't eat anything most of the time. There's a small window of the day (right after my midday vomiting) that I can eat but the rest of the day I'm surviving on ginger ale, tea, or hot cocoa. Down two pounds since my last appointment. Really the nausea itself is manageable when I don't think about or look at food but man. I just want to eat!
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Ugh...is anyone else hiding out in their office bathroom trying to decide whether or not they want to heave up their lunch? Just me then? Great....

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• clc515clc515 member
    Oh, am I the only one.... my nips are at attention it seems like 100% of the time. And they're sensitive. DH loves it, lol, but I do not!
  • Hahaha @clc515 you're definitely not the only one.
    Symptoms this week include having crazy vivid dreams! And pregnancy brain! Holy cannoli, do I have pregnancy brain. Most of my other symptoms are fading, except sore boobs. 8 days to the start of my second trimester!!!!  (But who's counting?).
  • Tw: had a bit of a scare this morning.  Used the restroom and noticed blood on the tissue paper.  Called my Dr. To let her know and she had me come in for an ultrasound.  Saw baby hb was 179 and it was moving a lot.  The Dr thought there *Might* be a dark shot on the placenta but we will have to wait and see.  Took blood to check progesterone. Now just wait and see. 

I feel achey, bloated, and a bit crampy with nausea thrown in. 
  • Tw: had a bit of a scare this morning.  Used the restroom and noticed blood on the tissue paper.  Called my Dr. To let her know and she had me come in for an ultrasound.  Saw baby hb was 179 and it was moving a lot.  The Dr thought there *Might* be a dark shot on the placenta but we will have to wait and see.  Took blood to check progesterone. Now just wait and see. 

I feel achey, bloated, and a bit crampy with nausea thrown in. 
    Keep us posted!  Any explanation of what a dark spot on the placenta might be??
  • 10 weeks tomorrow and still incredibly nauseous! I am sick at least twice in the morning, about half the time at lunch, and always after supper. So I have just stopped eating supper. My pants are loose but I did not want to lose weight this way!

Also lower back pain. I was not expecting that until I was at least showing! 
  • Haven't been too active in the last few weeks. Just getting back from vacation with my three girls. It was pretty tough with all the insomnia I've been getting. Mostly because my morning sickness actually hits in the MOTN! I've also been super crampy lately. My countdown to second tri started ;) 

DD #1 3/26/13
    Mo/Mo twins MMC 3/31/14  o:)
    DD #2 3/31/15
    DD #3 8/25/16
  • Oh also, the blump is real my friends 

DD #1 3/26/13
    Mo/Mo twins MMC 3/31/14  o:)
    DD #2 3/31/15
    DD #3 8/25/16
  • @chucksmom15 they think the spot could mean an area where there is bleeding or it could be nothing. 
  • Duuuude I had DH check it out to make sure I'm not crazy but my linea negra is coming in! That and my belly is rounder than ever. It's all very exciting to me as a FTM. I'm 12 weeks Thursday. 
  • 10w4d and my nausea is getting worse. I still haven't puked, but I keep feeling like that is going to change any minute. I've also had a crazy headache in my right temple for the last 12 hours. The fact that I'm posting this at 4:30am should tell you something... 

Also, the boobs.... omg, the boobs...
  • We were on vacay last week and my anxiety was terrible.  I am assuming that is pregnancy related, because I typically am pretty laid back.  This week, sore boobs, nausea that comes and goes, occasional back pain, so tired, and still food aversions.  
  • Omg I tried taking diclegis yesterday (OB gave me a sample) and it knocked me OUT from like 7pm on. DH got home and I immediately zonked out on the couch. I felt bad because he ended up handling DS the rest of the evening and doing bedtime, I just could not wake up. I don't think I can take diclegis anymore, lol. I'll just be nauseous and skip dinner.
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • mpp06mpp06 member
    @winnie1122, in my experience with it, diclegis still makes me tired, but the longer I take it the more bearable it is. There are definitely some days I can't keep my eyes open, but more days are happening where I'm not having it be a necessity to take a nap!
  • Ladies taking diclegis, a friend of mine takes it once before bed every night and sleeps through the drowsiness.   
  • Sooo I'm pretty much a vegetarian now which SO is not happy about. Sorry dude. What the baby says, goes. Unfortunately.
  • In a similar boat as others. After a week or more of no puking I thought the worst was over, just had occasional nausea, and mostly if I hadn't eaten recently. Tonight I vomited all over the freaking bathroom because I wasn't expecting it. So annoying. Now I'm sick in bed trying to sleep because I have work tomorrow. Blah.

also constipation, probably because of the iron supplement I had to start. Luckily my fatigue is starting to slightly improve, which I'm hoping is a combination of the iron and the end of first tri. I'm hungry more often which is nice because I did have zero appetite for a while. I'm also starting to feel stretching pain now that my stomach seems to be catching up with the rest of me. My boobs already feel ginormous and still hurt and I'm not even going to talk about my butt, which is the first place I gain weight every single pregnancy
  • ashhsaashhsa member
    We were on vacay last week and my anxiety was terrible.  I am assuming that is pregnancy related, because I typically am pretty laid back.  This week, sore boobs, nausea that comes and goes, occasional back pain, so tired, and still food aversions.
    Yeah, anxiety def seems to be a part of pregnancy for me also.
  • hr1116hr1116 member
    Hey ladies, I'm 12 weeks and nausea just seems to get worse and worse, no appetite at all and everything seems to smell gross haha!
    I think I live in my bed, I can literally sleep all day, fatigue is definitely a big one for me!
    Oh and don't get me started on the things that make me cry, I think my poor husband wants to giggle every time I get the water works going. 
    But super excited!! Nervous too, we are going to be first time parents :) 
    I think it's nice in a way feeling all the side effects, baby is growing and hormones are rising! It's a special feeling for me. 
    Good luck to you all and congratulations!!!
    Let me also just add in, no man could handle this ;)
  • sammichelesammichele member
    edited July 2017
    My nausea is slowly being replaced by what I think is a bunch of indigestion/heartburn at 12 weeks. I haven't ever really experienced it before but whatever it is, my chest feels really full and burpy and makes me want to gag. I'm going to take pains to eat very bland foods today to see if that helps. Otherwise, my vivid dreams have calmed down a bit so I've been sleeping a little better! Sensitive nips still but breasts feel better for the most part. And I'm pretty much exclusively in maternity clothes now. I've started making a weight chart so I can track how things are going like I did with my first.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers