Options

Weekly Randoms: 7/17-7/23

How's it going?

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

Re: Weekly Randoms: 7/17-7/23

• Options
    mcvgalmcvgal member
    Our pediatrician is back from vacation so we are finally getting DS2 an DD to their well appointments. This weekend we are baptizing DD, so I am glad she's getting today's round of vaccines before being around so many people this weekend. 

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• Options
    @mcvgal we vaccinated last week and DS2 did amazingly well. He didn't continuously cry during the 3 injections and the nurse and I were both surprised! Good luck with your DD.

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm full of randoms today...

I was pretty nervous to have the copper IUD inserted as my OB warned me that I may experience more intense cramping along with heavier and longer bleeding. Fortunately, I did not have these experiences. I bled what seemed a normal amount (hard to gauge as I usually use tampons and not pads) for two days and very light discharge the next two days. It almost seemed lighter than my periods while on the pill. I'm crossing my fingers that subsequent periods will continue in this fashion!

When did you or will you start using tampons again?

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Options
    @mrsrep123 I haven't officially had AF back yet but I did have some breakthrough bleeding with going back on the pill. The pill I am taking I will get my period 2 months from now and I plant o hopefully use tampons. My OB said they were safe to use after the 6 week mark and I was all healed.
    Married: June 2011
    TTC #1: September 2015-January 2016
    BFP #1: 1/25/16 - MMC Diagnosed 3/22/16
    TTCAL: June 2016
    BFP #2: 8/26/16 - EDD 5/9/17
    Jackson born 5/6/17 at 8:36 PM - 9lbs 5oz & 21in
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @mrsrep123 Those bday celebrations sound great! I plan to use tampons as soon my period returns, which hopefully won't be for a long time!

@Kateriee Hope this week is better!

@OmegaRose3 happy birthday!!
  • Options
    mcvgalmcvgal member
    @OmegaRose3 have fun looking for a new apartment today. While I am not a big fan of moving, I do love looking at new places. Hopefully you find something that meets all your needs.

@Kateriee even though our board has dwindled down to just a few people, it's still a great community to share everything, positive or stressful.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• Options
    Everyone sounds so busy! I'm glad to hear the 2 month shots went well for people Im pretty terrified to bring DD to hers in a few weeks. She's officially six weeks today which is so crazy. It also means my leave is half over  :'( 
    I have my six week PP appt tomorrow with my Ob and I'm going to lunch with work friends Thursday. 

DD seems to only be able to nap on me during the day, any tips for how to transfer her from my arms to the PNP and have her stay sleeping? She sleeps well at night in the halo sleep sack in her bassinet, and I'd like to keep our days different than nights so I'd rather not put her in the bassinet. Any recommendations are welcome!
  • Options
    @Jens_Hoes I agree about keeping days and nights different. There are some naps a transfer is impossible. But when I do transfer I try to make the transition as gradual as possible. So I hold the baby how I'll hold to transfer, do the transfer, but keep my hold for a few seconds, then slowly remove one arm at a time. Sometimes I try to warm up the spot first do he's not going from my warm arms to a cold mattress. These things seem to help most of the time.
  • Options
    mcvgalmcvgal member

@jens_hoes Along with a slow, gradual transfer, maybe try a different sleeping spot. DD will nap on my parents' bed when she naps there. At our house she will nap on the sofa, in the RNP, and on our spare bed as well. The only time she naps on the swing is if she falls asleep while swinging, I can't really transfer her to that. When DD does nap in the crib during the day, I just make sure it's not in her sleepsack, so she can keep her nights and days apart.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• Options
    @Jens_Hoes, @jayandaplus and @mcvgal gave good tips. For me, I would wait at least 10 min but no more than 30 min to transfer Rowan from my chest/arms to another resting place.

Rowan is 10 weeks old and I miss him napping on me. So since he actually just fell asleep on me and I could totally fold the laundry or prepare a meal right now, I'm going to let him nap on me for as long as he wants. I miss these one-on-one snuggles.

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Options
    Okay mamas, I need some input!

Hayes will play sometimes, and when he does seems to love it. He'll be engaged, giggling, smiling, but it usually only lasts 10 minutes at a time. There can be a few of these throughout the day, and then some days there's none, and he doesn't want to do anything but eat, sleep, and zone out. He likes to be held, walked in someone's arms, rocked, etc. He is difficult to put down, i.e. in any kind of baby jail or otherwise, and this includes bedtime. He's been like this since day one, he's 7.5 weeks old. He has a witching hour at night and morning (usually starts 5-7 pm and am, lasts up to a few hours both times, nighttime is worse.)

Please tell me: normal? Is this just "newborn" behavior? I know we joke about being nap trapped under a sleeping baby and about velcro babies, but at what point do I worry that these are real issues? Suggestions and input appreciated!
  • Options
    @jayandaplus normal normal normal. Of course talk to you pedi if you have any worries but third time around for me and this guy will rarely let me out him down during the day. At night he's awesome in bed and sttn already. But daytime he's almost always on me or in the ergo. I recommend baby wearing so you can get stuff done. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Jens_Hoes Similar to what @nda_roxybabe said, I will hold my hands under her for 15 seconds or so when I put her down and wait to make sure she remains asleep before I slowly remove my hands.
  • Options
    So I went to updated my signature and it's all "No images allowed"!

Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    Why does my almost 2 year old ALWAYS cry and scream the ENTIRE time we're at his doctor appointment?  :s

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Options
    @mrsrep123 Ugh same here...when we go to appointments for DS, I have to remind 2yo DD that we're not there for her so she needs to be quiet.

Speaking of toddlers...mine decided that throwing Cheerios all over the kitchen and screaming was the appropriate way to tell me she didn't want that snack. Seriously, kid?!