November 2017 Moms

Baby girl name

Hey ladies, I wanted your opinion on two names that my husband and I both love a lot for our baby girl. The options are Ella or Hadley. Any opinions? Who likes which one best?

Re: Baby girl name

• Abby7Abby7 member
    Ella is better. Hadley is a town in western Mass (next to Amherst) and sounds made-up.
    Pregnancy Ticker  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I like Hadley better. I am all for names that you do not hear often. Personally, I do not care for naming my child a common name. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Personally, I prefer Ella over Hadley. Ella sounds sweet and elegant to me. 
  • kdl89kdl89 member
    I like Hadley... I am with @cwalker042 I like name you don't often hear.
  • I like Hadley. Ella is too popular for me. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Hadley is a very popular name in my area. I really haven't heard of too many Ella's literally one my whole life, I do believe. I think Ella is one of those names that use to be popular but not so much anymore. But I guess it depends on your location. 
  • kwaldykwaldy member
    Another vote for Hadley, even though it's not quite my style. I know about 4 Ella's under the age of 2...
  • I think they're both lovely. Ella is elegant and classic, and Hadley is pretty and modern (and I don't think it sounds made-up). I also love the nickname Haddie for Hadley. I think I like Hadley slightly better but you really can't go wrong either way :)

• Another vote for Hadley. Such a sweet name!

• I tend to go with names that aren't super popular and I know Ella has been gaining popularity lately. I haven't heard of many Hadleys so I would go with that one!