August 2017 Moms
Options

Thursday Ticker Change 7/20

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Upcoming appointments this week?

Any new symptoms or changes?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: What's a feature you wish you had in your current home? Why?

***TW in Siggy***
Me: 34 / DH: 33
Married: Nov 2011
TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Thursday Ticker Change 7/20

• Options
    bumpybumpbumpybump member
    edited July 2017

How far along are you? 38 wks

How big is baby? Winter Melon

Upcoming appointments this week? Had one yesterday. I'm at 2 cm dilated, a softened cervix, and baby is still high. Still hoping for a VBAC. Hoping this LO stays put for a while though.

Any new symptoms or changes? Still pelvic pain. Got my first hemorrhoids (never had them with DD).  

Rants/Raves/Questions?  Still no names picked out. I'm getting so annoyed with DH on this! He has a list of what I like but keeps randomly coming up with weird names instead.

GTKY: What's a feature you wish you had in your current home? Why? We've been in this home for almost 6 years. For 6 years we've talked about building a "hall tree/drop area" at our garage door entry/mud room. We can't decide on a couple features so it's not done yet. I'd love to get rid of the bench there now and have something more functional. The other thing I've longed for this summer is an in ground pool. I really think we'll have one someday. 

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options

How far along are you? 

38 weeks

How big is baby? 

Winter Melon or Ukelele

I have my 38 week check up tomorrow. I'm so happy my doctor is back from vacation! I had a temp doctor I did NOT want to deliver with. My doctor is too awesome! 

So much pressure down below and I have to wait a few seconds to start moving when I go from sitting to standing so that the baby can shift. 

I started taking Prilosec last week for heartburn and it has been marvelous. I have had a pretty huge drop in my appetite this week too. I have to set reminders to eat. It's weird. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?

I'm so uncomfortable. This baby is so much bigger than my other babies were at this stage and everything is uncomfortable. 

On a positive note, my blood pressure has balanced itself out. It has been really good for a week now! I delivered my DD at 38w6d due to high BPso fingers crossed it stays low!! 

1. Bigger closets. When we bought this house we were gaining 1,000 sqft so it seemed huge. After almost 4 years I realize how small our closets are. 

2. Inground pool! This is something that I really want in our next home! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

How far along are you? 34 weeks

How big is baby? Bag of potato chips/baseball glove

Upcoming appointments this week? BPP tomorrow

Any new symptoms or changes? Getting super uncomfortable. I sat on an exercise ball for a while at work today instead of my desk chair, and it did feel nice on my aching back/pelvis.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Rave: Looking forward to our 3rd and final baby shower this weekend in DH's home town.

GTKY: What's a feature you wish you had in your current home? Why? We'd love to redo our bathroom to have a nice walk-in tiled shower, instead of the old shower/bath combo. 

Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • Options

How far along are you? 36 weeks! Final stretch! 

How big is baby? Papaya, might be the first time ovia and the bump agree...

Upcoming appointments this week? 36 checkup on Tuesday. Went okay, doctor noticed lots of swelling, did a scan to make sure no blood clots. Did a quick ultrasound, head's down! But not dilated or on Tuesday didn't drop. 

Any new symptoms or changes? I need to pee every 20 minutes. This is getting ridiculous! I also have a lingering cough, the number of times i had to change my underwear is embarrassing! I'm starting to wear pads when i get home. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?  I'm not sure if i'm in process of dropping or what. Last night, both DH and I noticed the bottom of my belly is lower and rounder. When I sit, feels like my belly is in my lap. Any help would be appreciated...

GTKY: What's a feature you wish you had in your current home? Why? I live in the middle of Boston. Its a nice neighborhood, but i would LOVE outdoor space. If it was a small patch of grass or a deck. Would be nice to be outside some nights. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

How far along are you? 38 weeks!

How big is baby? A winter melon. I'm so over this produce business. It's a fully developed baby at this point, let me just call it baby-sized. 

Upcoming appointments this week? This morning. I gained 3 lbs since last week. I knew that brutal RLP was going to result in expansion. Just yesterday, as I looked at my bump, I told DH that I swear I had expanded literally overnight. Other than that, everything's good, and my cervix is closed. 

OH, and, PSA if you've never had your cervix checked. It is unpleasant. I thought it would be no different from having a speculum inserted for a routine pap smear, but whoa. I felt like the doc stuck her whole hand in. At least it was over quickly but yeesh. "Just a little pressure," haha yeah right Doc. 

Any new symptoms or changes? Baby is also dropped. Waddling worse than ever. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Nope. 

GTKY: What's a feature you wish you had in your current home? Why? A coat closet, because without it, we take up space in bedroom closets for all that stuff you'd normally have by your front door. Oh, living in vintage buildings can be grand. Would also be cool to have a wine fridge. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

How far along are you? 37 weeks +6

How big is baby? 6 lbs-ish according to last ultra sound 2 weeks ago, doc ordered it based on my fundus measurement said i was measuring according to my due date, Ultrasound tech actually found that baby was right on track and even slightly on the small side by a few days. Tech said the tape measurement of the fundus in a completely inaccurate way to tell how big baby is. But I'm glad doc ordered an US, it was so nice to see sweet baby this far along and know hes doing great!

Upcoming appointments this week? Had last appoint Tuesday, Group B test results came back and in the clear, baby is in position. doc hit his head during exam and got kicked in the ribs at the same time, that was pleasant. 1 cm dilated and 80% effaced. 

Any new symptoms or changes? Waddling so bad, sharp pains upon standing, takes a minute to get going. DH has to help roll me out of bed and off the couch. Heart burn but manageable tums and a small class of 1% milk will do the trick to get me through the night. I pee sooooo many times at night at set hours. Also, during the day I get hot flashes, sudden dizziness, and nausea, just started this week. Doc said nothing to worry about as my BP is normal and has been the entire pregnancy. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Anyone have experience with TRICARE Standard and breast pumps? Doc wrote the prescription 2 weeks ago and I haven't heard anything?

GTKY: What's a feature you wish you had in your current home? Why? We live in San Diego, our house was built in 1958, its been completely remolded, but we do not have AC, coming from Texas this is ridiculous to me, I'm dying its only in the 80s but humidity is 85% soo hot been guzzeling Ice water and eating Ice and snow cones, not because of pica but just to cool down my body. 

• Options

How far along are you? 37wks

How big is baby? Melon.  My doc estimated about 6 lbs at last weeks 36wk apt.

Upcoming appointments this week? Tomorrow

Any new symptoms or changes? Occasional nausea, that's new, but manageable.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Does anyone else have a really active baby??  Mine is so wiggly!  It actually HURTS when he's kicking and moving.  I wake up at night thinking someone punched me in the gut.  Just my baby.  Of all my symptoms him kicking me probably produces the most pain.

GTKY: What's a feature you wish you had in your current home? Why? I'd love to have a bathroom on our main level.  Both of our bathrooms are upstairs, so this pregnancy I've been getting a workout climbing the stairs!

• Options
    @mrsplatz re: painful kicks. Really active baby here too.  I think only a few times has it hurt when the baby kicks, but she definitely makes me gasp out of a combination of surprise and discomfort. She's so active I've started referring to her as my kung fu fighter. Just the other day she kicked so hard on my side, and DH happened to have his hand there. He got this really shocked look on his face and said, "Oh my god. She's not fucking around." 
    My good friend's baby kicked her so hard in her ribs once that her rib is permanently out of whack. Crazy, huh. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @andielu22 looks like you're new to the group? Your ticker change would be tomorrow when you actually roll over to a new week (so 38 weeks tomorrow, Friday). Check out the breastfeeding thread to see if your pump question has been addressed. 

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    @DeansGirl14 cervical checks don't hurt past baby #1. Doctor checked me today and I didn't feel a thing. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Options
    aehogan90 said:
    @DeansGirl14 cervical checks don't hurt past baby #1. Doctor checked me today and I didn't feel a thing. 
    I disagree. My first two of this pregnancy were not pleasant. The one I had yesterday was painless. I truly think it depends on how much you're dilated.

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options

How far along are you? 37 weeks

How big is baby? Romaine lettuce 

Upcoming appointments this week? Had one today - LO is head down and everything looks good, but Dr. said he won't do a cervical check till next week.

Any new symptoms or changes? It's comical getting up out of bed or off the couch, now.

Rants/Raves/Questions? MIL took my 2SD on vacation this past weekend. She broke the one rule of not letting FIL drive (he's a terrible driver) and has caused HUGE fights all around. DH isn't speaking to her and I want to beat her for being ridiculous this close to labor. 

Bigger closets! Or more storage space in general. We're putting on an addition when I go back to work around December/January - LO doesn't have a room till then and the sheer amount of stuff we seem to have without a good spot for it is driving me nuts. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

How far along are you? 38 weeks

How big is baby? 19.75 in

Upcoming appointments this week? I have two appointments next week... See below.

Any new symptoms or changes? Nothing new. Feeling hot and heavy but fine otherwise.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Well, LO is still breech despite all my efforts. Doctor has me going in for a c-section NEXT WEEK. July 27th, first thing in the morning. I'm at peace about it now, but still a little disappointed that I won't be delivering him myself. We have one more appointment this coming Wednesday for pre-op stuff. Still a chance he will turn but Doctor says it's fairly unlikely with how big LO is. So... It looks like I'll have my baby next week!

GTKY: What's a feature you wish you had in your current home? Why? We are in apartment, so there is a ton of room for improvement. I would have to say that I would want either more storage space, or a better cooling system that cools the ENTIRE apartment and not just the living room.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @Feliciosity yay for meeting LO next week! Please know, no matter how your LO comes into the world, it is such a beautiful process and truly does not matter how it happens. You will be in love so quickly. Best wishes!

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    @bumpybump I guess I didn't think about that. Maybe I didn't feel any pain since I was dilated a good bit. Most of the things for me have just been less uncomfortable this time around since I know what to expect and have less anxiety, which causes me to relax.
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Options
    I disagree too! I had one last week and it was the most intense pressure I've ever had from hands inside me. My midwife's checks didn't feel like my obs. I kind of related it to his big manly hands? Lol 
  • Options
    bumpybump said:
    aehogan90 said:
    I disagree. My first two of this pregnancy were not pleasant. The one I had yesterday was painless. I truly think it depends on how much you're dilated.
    It also depends if the cervix is posterior or has started to move forward which typically happens around 38 weeks
  • Options
    Kudlica27Kudlica27 member
    edited July 2017
    @bumpybump@deansgirl14 @aehogan90 I think the cervical check depends on the woman and the doctor. I had two other doctors check me during my last pregnancy, all in between checks by my doctor. My doctor did not hurt at all, while I felt the others hurt. And one of the other doctors was super tiny, so I don't even know if it is the size of hands that matter! 

How far along are you? 36w 1d (I am late as always...

How big is baby? I've lost count. I can't even tell what the picture is of on the app! 

I have an NST today and my regular appt too. 

Acid Reflux is in high gear. I choked on it last night while asleep and woke up gasping for air (this also happened with my first.) This made it impossible to fall back asleep and eventually led to me losing my dinner. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?

I am thankful the bmb board has been talking about acid reflux, I am going to try some of the suggestions. If anyone else has any- Iwould love  to hear them! I'm still scrubbing my bathroom, as I managed to cover every nook and cranny. Now I am wishing I had hired someone to come and clean my house (or at least my bathroom)

GTKY: What's a feature you wish you had in your current home?

I used to have a fireplace and I miss it! 

More practical- I wish we had bigger closets.