Natural Birth
Options

Baby and Company

has anyone delivered at a Baby and Company birth center? I had DD at a very progressive hospital and it was fantastic. Unfortunately have since moved and the hospital here is very old school. Our Baby and company just opened. Experiences greatly appreciated! 

Re: Baby and Company

• Options
    has anyone delivered at a Baby and Company birth center? I had DD at a very progressive hospital and it was fantastic. Unfortunately have since moved and the hospital here is very old school. Our Baby and company just opened. Experiences greatly appreciated! 
    To me, the name itself would turn me away - but that just me .... lol. 

Visit both places, schedule a tour to ask questions and see what is most comforting for you.  Have you just heard stories about the hospital or have you inquired and investigayed yourself?    To me, I personally prefer a hospital, because if anything goes wrong - all the help you need is there as it was needed during DD's birth.  Just my opinion.
  • Options
    Yes my best friend and several other moms I know birthed there (in Nashville…just changed names to Vanderbilt Birthing Center) and loved it! The only downside is that you never know which midwife you’ll get, as you just get whoever is on call, but apparently they’re all amazing. They are putting a lot of Covid restrictions in place now, (like only 1 support person, and masking in early labor and after delivery), so keep that in mind, but who knows what it’ll be like month to month. I think that’s just the way it is everywhere. The midwife I’m using for my home birth is actually one of the ones who started Baby + Co! She left to do only home births, but it’s pretty cool! Anyway, other than the couple downsides I mentioned, I have only heard amazing things about it!