Babies on the Brain

GTKY: Travel Edition

Just for fun :)

Tell us about the best vacation you've ever been on.

What's your dream vacation (if money weren't an issue)?

Do you have a bucket list of places you want to go?

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: GTKY: Travel Edition

• Tell us about the best vacation you've ever been on.
    My wedding/honeymoon was perfect! We spent 10 days in Jamaica. We had family there for the first few days and played pool volleyball and spent time together. We're also certified scuba divers and went diving probably 5 days. The beaches were beautiful and the diving was amazing!

If I could I'd travel everywhere! Like a world tour! I want to see everything!!

I want to dive the Great Barrier Reef and visit Australia. I want to go to Hawaii.

Anniversary

BabyFetus Ticker
    My best vacation was when we went to Hawaii. It was so beautiful and the people were so nice. 

What's your dream vacation (if money weren't an issue)? I would love to go back to France and the UK. DH and I (he was my BF at the time) went backpacking there 10 years ago. We promised each other that we would go back when we had more money so we could stay in the nice hotels and eat at the expensive restaurants.

Do you have a bucket list of places you want to go? I would love to go to Switzerland and San Francisco.
  • Loading the player...
  • Tell us about the best vacation you've ever been on: I went on an Alaskan cruise/tour with my mom 8 years ago. That was pretty dope. 

What's your dream vacation (if money weren't an issue)? Right now Hawaii. Seems hella expensive compared to other destinations.

Do you have a bucket list of places you want to go? Hawaii, Alaska (again!!!!), Australia/NewZealand, Greenland
  • JennyColadaJennyColada member
    edited July 2017
    Oh I love this topic!

@JNCPro3130 so jealous that you scuba! I've always wanted to learn!

I loved Belgium! We toured Brugges (probably my favorite city in Europe now!), Antwerp, and Brussels. The cities were beautiful and the food was great.

Some sort of cold weather (which is funny, it's SO unlike me): Iceland, Alaska cruise, or Antarctica. So I guess I'd pick Antarctica since it's the most expensive of the three!

For sure!
    In theory I'd love to eat at all the Michelin star restaurants, but lol yea no we don't make enough for that.
    I just really love travel though!
  • KFrobKFrob member
    Tell us about the best vacation you've ever been on.  Best vacation was my honeymoon to Paris and Prague.  We ate the most delicious food ever in Paris, the architecture and scenery were amazing in both!!  We had so much fun and would go back in a second.     

What's your dream vacation (if money weren't an issue)?  I want to go to Iceland in the winter and see the aurora

Do you have a bucket list of places you want to go?  Iceland and Germany.  We'd love to travel all over Europe.  
  • @jennycolada, it's truly amazing! If you ever get the opportunity to get certified, I highly recommend it! We've been to a few different spots in the Florida Keys and then Jamaica. My in-laws have logged hundreds of dives. I hope to be the same!

Anniversary

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @JNCPro3130 we honeymooned in Jamaica, too, but we were boring and never left the resort. Just lounged by the beach drinking and reading :tongue:

Definitely the 12 day Mediterranean Cruise in 2014. It will be hard go top that ever.

Basically already did it! Would love to do it again, though!

My latest desire is a New England/Canada cruise that goes to Prince Edward Island. I would also love to see Paris and London. I'd love to see a show on Broadway. There is really a lot I would like to see here in the U.S. I've never been to California. 

*Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Tell us about the best vacation you've ever been on. My best vacation was either our honeymoon or a solo trip that I took to Disney about 8 years ago.

What's your dream vacation (if money weren't an issue)? At least three weeks traveling Europe. We have so many countries we want to visit and so much to do in each of them.

Do you have a bucket list of places you want to go? Oh yeah. Aside from the various countries in Europe, I want to go to New Zealand and Australia at some point, as well as Hawaii and Disneyland.
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
    Our honeymoon was in Estes Park, Co. I've always loved the mountains but that was my first time there. We had a private cabin along a river with a private hot tub. We hiked, went fly fishing, took a jeep tour, went whitewater rafting and ate amazing food. I would like to go for our 5yr anniversary but depending on this getting pregnant thing that might not work and the area we stayed was the area the flooded really bad last summer.

My #1 is Greece but I would like to see all of Europe also.

So so many. Greece, Holy Lands...Both unlikely to happen due to political unrest...Italy, Venice, Bali, Bora Bora, China, Alaska, Great Barrier Reef, Ireland, oh and Sweden to get in touch with my heritage.
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• lifesabeach85lifesabeach85 member
    edited July 2017
    @JNCPro3130 your honeymoon sounds awesome. I would love to be able to scuba

@ChloandCoco that's sweet that y'all did a backpack trip. I bet when you go back and stay at the fancy places you'll reminisce about when you did it on the cheap

@kimberbeep I would love you see Alaska. Thinking maybe a family trip one day? Seems like something even kids might find fun

@JennyColada what does an Antarctic vacation even look like? I definitely want to do it just not sure what it entails? Penguins I hope 

@KFrob I studied abroad in Berlin and highly recommend

@lalala2004 good point there is a lot domestically to see too!

@dreamscapes_ Disney solo! Never heard of such a thing 

@kindbytealikat sounds like a long list but i know people who have traveled to Greece recently no issues 

Tell us about the best vacation you've ever been on. DH and I went to Croatia for a one year anniversary trip. So beautiful. Mix of sightseeing and relaxing. The food, the wine, the people, the roman ruins, the clear blue waters of the Adriatic...

What's your dream vacation (if money weren't an issue)? Oh man I have a few but Luxury Safari in Africa probably tops it 

Yes! I want to visit all 7 continents 

• @JennyColada and @lbeach5885. My parents took a cruise to Antarctica this winter, and it sounded incredible.  It wasn't as fancy as a typical cruise, more focused on going and seeing cool places than on formal dinners.  And there were tons of penguins, they now have a wall of photos from that trip, and it's probably 90% penguins.
  • @lbeach5885 The Alaska cruise that MH wants to do is like 30 days long and it goes all the way across Canada. We are thinking it's probably going to be a retirement activity rather than a family activity.

A luxury safari in Africa is on my list as well! We were thinking of doing that for this last anniversary trip (since I was thinking it would be the last one we do before I get pregnant/we have kids), but we decided that a safari would be something fun to do with kids, so decided on Bali instead.

• KFrobKFrob member
    @lbeach5885 Croatia is another place I would love to go!!