September 2017 Moms

PGAL check in 7/19

How far along are you?

What's going on with you baby/pregnancy wise?

What's going on with you in other aspects of your life?

Any Questions? 

GTKY:  If you could have a vacation home any where, where would it be? 

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: PGAL check in 7/19

• How far along are you? 31 weeks today

What's going on with you baby/pregnancy wise?  Just chugging along!  Lots of rolling tummy movements.  Occasionally it makes me feel nauseated- she must be kicking my stomach or something.  Hips feel like they're spreading apart - I think I'm officially waddling.

Second "birthing class" is tonight.  We'll tour the hospital and learn some positions.  Tomorrow is my & DH's anniversary - 4 years!  We'll celebrate with a sonogram appt, haha.  Dinner plans for the weekend.  o:)

Any Questions? 
    I'm going to a wedding at 36.5 weeks.  It'll be ~2.5 hours away from home.  I'm going to have a general idea of what hospital is around, just in case.  But do you think I need to do anything else... ?

On a lake somewhere quiet.
    *TW* 
    Me: 35 | DH: 38
    Met: 2007
    Married: 2013

BFP #1: 06/21/16                MMC: 08/04/16
    BFP #2: 01/08/17             DD: 09/23/17 <3
    BFP #3: 06/10/20             EDD: 02/11/2021

• How far along are you: 30+4

What's going on baby/pregnancy-wise: I'm going to try not to hijack this thread with more GD questions since that happened last week (sorry!!) but I am still adjusting to life with GD, as it's been a week since diagnosis. I REALLY appreciate everyone's advice and support!!!!!

Birth class is this Sunday! It's 9-5. Shower is two weeks from Saturday :) 

My stomach is COVERED with stretch marks despite nightly cream application. Oh well!!!! Little man is worth it.

What's going on in other aspects of life: Not much! Trying to work on letters of recommendation I agreed to write for rising seniors, as well as the summer reading book I agreed to read in order to lead a discussion group in September, assuming I'm still there... otherwise enjoying summer break with lots of r&r. Planning to finish Master of None season 2 tonight.

any questions: just wondering how everyone else is doing! I miss our more active board.

GTKY: this is a tough call. For convenience I would love to have a vacation home on the Cape as it's close to home and beautiful. But we are more city people so if this counts, I'd want an apartment in Manhattan or Brooklyn, or possibly in London.  
  • Loading the player...
  • It's hard to be sure, and sone of it could be in my head, but I thought I noticed a decrease in movement... I did a fetal kick count last night and I could tell my husband was nervous (I was)... it took a little while, but I felt some movement, but not as much as I would have liked. Then at 2 in the morning I woke up (yay insomnia), had some juice, and felt a lot of movement. However, today at the OB (heartbeat was fine) I mentioned that I can go a couple hours not feeling much, if at all, and the OB said at 33 weeks I should be feeling more so she scheduled a non stress test for Monday. PGAL brain, but I'm nervous and I don't want to have to wait until Monday, but there was no availability before then. Anyone had a non stress test before, or knows more about it than I do? I don't want to be all obsessed about kicks now, though it will certainly be on my mind a lot more, and I'll def be doing more fetal kick counts these next few days and getting nervous if I don't feel anything for a while. Thanks for any thoughts/experience shares! 
  • I had weekly NSTs with my first daughter from 32 weeks on because of my gestational diabetes. They put a monitor on your belly for like 20 minutes and a machine tracks your baby's movements, as well as their heart rate when they move. They want your baby to move so many times within a certain time frame. And they want to make sure baby's heart rate stays normal as they move around. They usually always ended mine early because my daughter hated having anything on my belly, so she would move around like crazy and would meet the minimum number of movements very quickly. 

I'd drink some juice or have some candy before you go, so baby will be extra hyper :) 
  • It's hard to be sure, and sone of it could be in my head, but I thought I noticed a decrease in movement... I did a fetal kick count last night and I could tell my husband was nervous (I was)... it took a little while, but I felt some movement, but not as much as I would have liked. Then at 2 in the morning I woke up (yay insomnia), had some juice, and felt a lot of movement. However, today at the OB (heartbeat was fine) I mentioned that I can go a couple hours not feeling much, if at all, and the OB said at 33 weeks I should be feeling more so she scheduled a non stress test for Monday. PGAL brain, but I'm nervous and I don't want to have to wait until Monday, but there was no availability before then. Anyone had a non stress test before, or knows more about it than I do? I don't want to be all obsessed about kicks now, though it will certainly be on my mind a lot more, and I'll def be doing more fetal kick counts these next few days and getting nervous if I don't feel anything for a while. Thanks for any thoughts/experience shares! 
    I also had weekly NSTs (non stress tests) with DS though 3rd trimester. He was not a mover and shaker except at night. I would drink a little juice to get things going but was eventually told to stop kick counting (after 2 emergency visits due to lack of movement.) I COMPLETELY understand the nerves and agree it's better to check than not... That being said, they are getting cramped now and movements will be less noticeable. (((Hugs)))
  • Thank you for these posts -- I feel better now. Much appreciated! Xx 
  • TW

Articles about Charlie Gard keep popping up in my newsfeed, and everytime I see them I just have an absolute meltdown. I can't even begin to imagine what those poor parents are going through. I can't stop crying right now from seeing another article about him. I just really wish a miracle would happen for them.

• How far along are you?
    33 weeks
    What's going on with you baby/pregnancy wise?

Everything is going okay healthwise. U/S at 32 weeks was normal. I'm still considered high risk but not very high risk. I took a birthing class already & I'm already set up for a breastfeeding class. The nursery is just about finished. I got most of the baby clothes washed in the special detergent & put away. I see OB this week again (after the 34 week mark Wednesday). 

Everything/s good pretty much. It seems the pregnancy consumes my every waking move almost. I went to the county fair this weekend - it was really fun, but the 90+ temps weren't. I had to leave after a few hours because... 8 months pregnant lol. Saw a movie (a good move, it has A/C) on date night with my fiance. 

Any Questions? 
    When I got checked for early labor this week at L&D in the hospital they asked me a question I didn't know how to answer. Apparently I got it wrong too, though I didn't know that was possible. They asked me if this was my first baby.

I said I'll be a first time mom, but that I had a previous early loss. They seem to be very dismissive of that, like I answered wrong (?) I didn't know there was a possible way to answer that question wrong, just being honest...I was more confused & felt majorly discounted than I was upset. I'm not sure what to answer now - but I'm not just going to brush my angel baby under the carpet. It's very important to me to not discount that my son existed to myself or to anyone. If they don't appreciate that, that's their hang up as I see it. So I'll continue to answer that way, truthfully imo, & if nurses continue to be dismissive of it, that's on them.

My question: does anyone else feel this way? I don't think I'm entirely alone in these feelings of honoring my son's memory. Do you speak up or do err on the side of following the societal norms of rather not rocking the boat? I'd rather do what I feel is right & brave, whether it makes people semi-uncomfortable or not. But that's always been my personality, my spirit, to be kinda more righteous than hesitant.  

GTKY:  If you could have a vacation home anywhere, where would it be? 
    Near the beach, with a boardwalk near me. I don't really care which beach as long as it's close to a warm-ish part of the ocean. I adore the ocean. I can't get enough of it tbh. It helps me recharge my batteries so to speak. I need major sunblock on the beach though - I burn in about 8 minutes flat usually lol 

• @seasqrd I just say, "This is my 5th pregnancy but hopefully will be my second live birth." With DS I said, "This is my fourth pregnancy but I am hoping it will be my first live birth." I find this answer to be accurate both for my desire to acknowledge my losses and for their medical purposes. 

Honestly, I know it feels harsh and uncaring but I think the question is geared more towards knowing if there were any complications during a previous birth. (((Hugs))) People DO care.
  • Feeling very frustrated with my insurance today (and throughout this pregnancy).  I keep having to argue with them about covering my u/s from first trimester and now my rhogam shot. When I call, they tell me they don't cover redundant tests; I have already explained twice that the tests are not redundant, this is a separate pregnancy and the prior one ended in a miscarriage.  The people on the phone are sympathetic and say they will help but nothing ever gets done and I am getting really tired of discussing my loss with strangers. 

Any ideas on how to get through this?
  • So apparently this never posted :neutral:

How far along are you? 
    33 weeks 

What's going on with you baby/pregnancy wise?  At my appointment today every thing looked great! I'll go back in 2 weeks and then start weekly appointments... eek! We have everything we need for baby, which is crazy to think about. 

Just trying to get ready for school to start back. 

Any Questions? 

Beach!! Preferably on the Alabama coast, just for convenience, but really any beach would do, lol. 
    Pregnancy Ticker