Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

So so sad

Hello. I just experienced my first miscarriage at 6 weeks along. This was my second pregnancy and I have a beautiful 1 1/2 year old boy. Eventhough i wasn't far along and I have had a baby before, it still hurts so much. I am in shock on how sad and horrible I feel. We were so excited to expand our family and it seems like the end of the world now. Not sure how grieve or what to do. Any suggestions? Thank you

Re: So so sad

• I'm so sorry for your loss.  I too have a child, 2 yr old, and have had two MC in the last year.  No matter how far along you were or if you have other child it still hurts so very much.  Take the time you need to grieve however long or short that may be.  For myself, I have found that talking about it with family, friends and ladies on this board helped me move forward.  My last MC was in April and my first is approaching a year.  I still have bad days and that's ok.  You have experienced a great loss and trauma.  Do what feels right for you.  Also for me, knowing that I could try again right away helped me.  Others need time before they try again. Again take the time that feels right for you.  Be kind to yourself.  
  • Thank you so much for all your kind words. It helps a lot knowing I'm not alone. I need to find a way to mourn and remember my little one, thank you. I'll keep telling my family too, I don't like feeling like it's a secret. Maybe if I'm more open about it I'll be able to move on and try again for our family. 

• Loading the player...
  • You will always remember but I planted to perennials in my backyard and then bought a remembrance stone off Etsy which I placed in front of each perennial so I have a place to go when I need to.  I also plan to get a tattoo so they are always with me.