Tell us about sleep, nighttime and naps-

Weight and length?

How are YOU feeling?

Questions or concerns?

Re: 9 Month Check In

• When does/did baby turn nine months?
    Johnny turned nine months yesterday!

Any milestones hit?
    He crawls, pulls up on things, has two bottom teeth, and loves food :)

His sleep is pretty much the same, he STTN and has one big nap and maybe one or two small cat naps throughout the day.

Weight and length?
    I don't know, he's due for a 9-month-check-up so once that happens I'll update!

How are YOU feeling?
    Burnt out honestly... I'm Sooo over "summer break" already. The big kids are driving me insane. They fight and bicker all day, ask for snacks all day despite knowing I'm going to tell them to go kick rocks, and just can't seem to make up their minds about whether they want to be inside or outside... Fools, close the door and stop that in-and-out! It isn't free to run this air conditioner! Hurry up August...

Questions or concerns?
    Johnny still won't sit up on his own, and I'm still jumping through hoops and doing the paperwork game with the insurance to get them in with a new Pedi while also trying to go ahead and get them transferred over to the new clinic that their old pedi transferred to.
  • @AllyTheKid Oh my goodness, 9 months already!  Time flies!
  • Loading the player...
    July 10th but had her check up today.

Any milestones hit?
    Crawling, waving hi, pulling to stand, cruising, letting go and standing, dada
    Getting better! Down to 1 wake up to nurse
    Weight and length?
    20lb1oz. 27 1-2 inches

How are YOU feeling?
    Great! I've got baby fever BAD though. She's just not a baby anymore! :(

Questions or concerns? Nope
  • When does/did baby turn nine months? July 5

Any milestones hit? She can sit up on her own and she can grab puffs but doesn't love them yet. she's trying so hard to crawl. the doc said because she weighs a lot and is short it may take longer?

Tell us about sleep, nighttime and naps- UGH she is now in our bed and was sleeping through the night until 3 nights ago.. now she wakes up from 4-5 fighting her sleep. it's exhausting! she naps 2 hours for the sitter while i'm at work but whenever she's with me she naps for maybe 30 mins!

Weight and length? 19.4 lbs 27 inches

How are YOU feeling? tired but happy! 

Questions or concerns? my little one fell on her arm before July 4th, we had to run to urgent care - she had nursemaids elbow and the doc had to click it back into place.... so now we have to be even more careful with her.
  • @deecee9580 Oh my, I hope your LO is doing well. She could be going through the 8-10 month sleep regression and maybe some separation anxiety. S is definitely going through it. She went from STTN to waking 2-3 times and refusing naps. Hoping it's a short phase for us both. 
  • thank you! she has been extra needy lately so that does make sense.. we have a sleeping issue too because her room doesn't have an air conditioner (our building doesn't allow it) - we didn't know we were prego when we bought the place.. long story short it's too hot for her to go in her crib... we are in the process of buying a stand up AC to plug in.. she's in a pack and play now OR our bed (ugh)
  • @deecee9580 How scary it must have been to take her to ER and watch Dr. reset the bone. Glad everything turned out okay!
    Image result for its raining meme

Pregnancy Ticker
  • it was.. ugh and I'm already and extreme worrier! thank you!

July 23

Any milestones hit?

Saying dada and baba. Trying to stand without holding onto anything. Gives high fives. Got her first tooth and is working on a second. 

Sleep has been decent. She had a week where she was waking a few times at night and only taking 1 nap but that could have been due to teething or maybe a slight regression. For the most part she is taking 2 naps and STTN and putting herself to sleep. 

Weight and length?

16lbs 12 oz.  26 3/4 in

How are YOU feeling?

I've been feeling super tired lately and not sure why since she's pretty much STTN.  Stressed from the bs at work but am happy when I get to be home with S. 

Questions or concerns?

I really want to try putting BM in the  sippy cup but I don't have any to spare. She does pretty good with water but I'm pretty sure she would really use it if it were BM.  I want to ditch the bottles sooner than later. 
  • @Ladybug2821 try to give a couple ounces of BM in a sippy cup to start but just watch her like a hawk and if she starts making a mess take it back and swap it back with water for another week or two then try again. I'm going to start sippy cup training soon too. Love to see sweet S and how petite she is like V.  it's nice to see another gal riding the lower end if the percentiles weight/height wise.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @brzvice They are both little cuties. The pedi is always happy with her growth so I never worry about it. It is funny to see this tiny thing standing and cruising because I always think she looks too little to be doing that. But nothing stops this little girl. I'm just going to have to suck it up and pump on the weekends to make extra for sippy cups. 
  • Her face though! :D We're transitioning to cups too. We use the Nuby rubber spouted ones with handles. He started taking Jimmy's cup and drinking his water, so it was time.
  • This is the one we are using. She's been practicing for a couple months now. She drinks water pretty good out of it but just a few sips and then throws it. 
  • brzvicebrzvice member
    edited July 2017
    When does/did baby turn nine months?
    July 15

Any milestones hit?
    Standing for a couple seconds without holding on to anything, says Mama, Dada, Baba, NaNa, Shes getting really good at feeding herself *and me*, front two teeth popped through so 4 teeth total now. 

Goes to bed typically between 8-9 sometimes later if she has a burst of energy.
    STTN then Wakes at 7:00, gets a fresh diaper, eats then goes back down and sleeps until 8-9

When teeth are cutting through she is up every couple hours during the night and needing comfort for at least a couple weeks. Seems like once they pop through the gums she is relieved.

Weight and length?

17lbs 3 oz.   27.5 inches 

How are YOU feeling?

Tired, overwhelmed by my house needing almost constant cleaning  and the laundry piles everywhere.
    Housekeeping has never been my strong suit.

I also feel proud of V and very grateful for her but I can get easily frustrated when shes arching her back during diaper changes and fighting me to go to bed. I need work on expanding my patience. 

Her favorite toys are a small pink stuffed kitty, my glasses and almost anything that shes not supposed to have or play with cords, paper etc. She does like to sit on my lap and read now too.
    She loves learning type of toys and can put a ball in a hole, push it down the tubes.Plays with this toy a lot.

Questions or concerns?
     Still in the process of weaning which is always concerning to me.  V is  not interested in BFing anymore unless she is sleepy, would rather have a bottle. I rarely pump anymore so we will see how long until I completely dry up.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Here's my refriger "raider" :D

Pregnancy Ticker
  • S loves the fridge too, can't keep her out of it or away from food. Love that dress!