Babies: 3 - 6 Months

2 naps for my 5 month old??

Hello,
My baby is going to be 5 months tomorrow and my daycare advised that they are going to try putting him on a 2 nap schedule. The first day his 1st nap was 1hr45min and 2nd nap was 2 hours. I get him out of his crib at 6 for his designated wake time but he is normally up 5:30-5:45. We put him to bed at 6. He didn't seem overtired normally gets very fussy/rubs eyes/red eyes but he was his normal happy self. We can't get him to bed sooner that 6 so he had been up for 3 hours. My concern is that 5 months could be to early for 2 naps. Has anyone experienced this or have any input? Im a first time mom and my daycare lady has 20+ years experience so I figure she knows what she is doing. 

Re: 2 naps for my 5 month old??

• Hi. Second time mom here. I think that 2 nap schedule for a 5 month old is crazy talk! You may need to consider a different day care. How long will his naps be at the day care? How long does he sleep at night? You may get an over-tired baby and all hell will break lose for you at night. I advise that you consult the pediatrician. Then re-visit with your day care. if you are posting the question here, it seems that your gut feeling is telling you this is not ok. Follow your mother's instinct! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 12/23/13 MMC 01/24/14 @ 9w5days

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Seeing the dr tomorrow my first question on the list. Yeah I really have anxiety over it. She has done it 2 days now and each nap so far is an hour 45 min to 2 hours. He has so far slept through the night 6-5:30/6.
  • Loading the player...
  • Looks like your baby is getting around 16 hours a day which seems adequate. But babies go through phases. Let me know what your pedi advices! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 12/23/13 MMC 01/24/14 @ 9w5days

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Talked with my dr. And he was okay with him being on 2 naps as he gets all his sleep. It is still a transition some days it is 2 naps but some days it is 3. We aren't forcing 2 naps yet but it will be a slow transition! 
  • So two naps is supposed to be too few?

My baby is three months and she only takes two naps a day (2-3 hours apiece) if I'm lucky! Sometimes I can't get her down for a second one or the second one will be short, like an hour or so. Sometimes she'll take an additional super short nap of 20-45 minutes. She sleeps eight to ten hours straight at night now, but she was on the same nap schedule when she was a newborn sleeping 3-4 hours, waking up to nurse, and then sleeping another 3-4.