Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Anxious Introduction

Hi all!

I had an EP back in early April, treated with Methotrexate. We waited the standard 12 weeks / 2 cycles and decided to go ahead and TTC this month and I got my {faint} positive yesterday afternoon. I'm super nervous and anxious about it all. I was feeling super optimistic yesterday just based on symptoms but this morning it's gone back to worry. With my EP I really had no symptoms at all but this time around I've been feeling gross for a few days and cannot get enough of salty snacks (I raided 7-11 on the way to work for beef jerky, popcorn, crackers, pretzels, etc). Not to mention I walked into a wedding reception the other night during dinner service and the smell was so rancid.

I'd taken a few tests early...all negative until I got a super squinter on a blue dye test so I finally followed up yesterday with a FRER and got a faint line. Hoping to watch it get darker I took another test this morning with FMU only to see it be lighter than yesterday. That has me freaking out because with my EP my hCG was only 15 when it was discovered (almost 7 weeks). I still need to make an appointment but I can't help but feel so anxious. Please tell me the line on the test being lighter this morning is ok!

Re: Anxious Introduction

• Options
    Congrats & welcome!

I'm same as you, lining up all my daily FMU wondfo strips next to each other, desperate to see progression. You could have been better hydrated last night, especially if your body is releasing fluids as you come off your salt binging... which might explain the lighter test? Salt can really mess you up in regards to fluid retention and voiding.

My doc had me come in same day my line-eyes turned squinter and drew my first beta Friday, and I had to go in this morning for a second. I think once you've had an ectopic you're a shoo-in for early beta tracking to make sure you don't have another. Maybe call your doc first thing Monday?
  • Options
    @GhanimaAtreides - Thank you! That's definitely the plan. Of course I would have to get a positive on a weekend...lol. Definitely calling first thing tomorrow to set up an appointment. The only silver lining to having a previous EP is the likelihood of a little priority when it comes to getting in sooner. Good call on the salt though maybe that's the reason for the lighter line.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @toesinthesand-2 Welcome! I hope all goes well for you with your upcoming appts. I definitely understand the nerves. Sending baby dust your way!!
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 4-25-2014
    TTC: March 2015
    BFP: 2-18-16
    Confirmed MMC: 3-31-16
    D&C: 4-2-16
    TTCAL: May 2016
    IUI: 5/13/17-Femara and Trigger, POAS 5/27/17 BFP 5/27/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Welcome @toesinthesand-2! I don't have advice but I wanted to wish you best of luck with everything. I know what you're experiencing with the anxiety. Lots of hugs and positive energy headed your way.
    TTC #1 since 6/2011 ~ BFP #1: 8/19/2011; C/P 8/27/2011 ~ BFP #2: 9/28/2011; Blighted Ovum DX 10/19/2011; D&C 11/2/2011 ~ (DX 1/2012 w/ hetero MTHFR) ~ BFP #3: 5/3/2012 (RX BA & Progesterone supplements) EDD 1/11/2013 PLEASE be our rainbow baby ~ Ultrasound @ 7 weeks 5/25: We have a heartbeat! :)BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Options
    Well it looks like I'm headed back to the loss board. :( Got my official positive test on Saturday, and by Monday I had started spotting. On Tuesday it turned to full on bleeding so it looks like it was a Chemical. I'm gutted.
  • Options
    @toesinthesand-2  I am so sorry for your loss.  Take care of yourself and I hope to see you back here soon.  
  • Options
    @toesinthesand-2 I'm so so sorry. Prayers for you and your family
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 4-25-2014
    TTC: March 2015
    BFP: 2-18-16
    Confirmed MMC: 3-31-16
    D&C: 4-2-16
    TTCAL: May 2016
    IUI: 5/13/17-Femara and Trigger, POAS 5/27/17 BFP 5/27/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Oh no @toesinthesand-2! I'm sorry to hear this. Praying for you.
    Me: 39 <3  DP: 49
    TTC since Jan 2017
    BFP #2 7/11/17 | EDD 3/24/18
    BFP #1 5/2/17 | EDD 1/12/18 | MC 5/18/17

Pregnancy Ticker