Secondary IF

New Here :)

Hi everyone, I hope that I have found the right place as I feel right now that I don't really fit anywhere as I have just been told by my doctor's office that I have secondary infertility (3 losses) and will need to come in to meet with the Doctor... A little history about me:

My husband and I were lucky enough to get pregnant first try. During my pregnancy with my son I had consistent bleeding during the first trimester (many visits to ultrasound and ER to be told "threatened miscarriages") The bleeding stopped after the first trimester. I also had no morning sickness with him. I had my son in July 2015 and breastfed through July/August 2016.

Now we are TTC #2, first month trying pregnant again this December. I had no bleeding and was very sick. 6 weeks ultrasound, no heartbeat, 8 weeks, still no heartbeat or growth since 6w. I had a D&C in January 2017. My Doctor advised to wait 5 weeks before trying again. I didn't get a period and must have ovulated and fell pregnant again in February 2017. We lost that baby in middle March (Chemical Pregnancy, initial low HCG level and bleeding). This month I fell pregnant again, however again I had another chemical pregnancy(another low HCG level under 100, then bleeding). It seems as though the problem is not getting pregnant, however staying pregnant...

I still have not dried up in the milk department after 9 months. It's not a large amount but is still hanging around in there that can be expressed from my breasts. I wonder I this could impact things? I'm not sure if because I didn't have a period I just didn't have enough time to heal?

I am not able to see my Doctor for the next few weeks to bounce all these questions to a Doctor, but was hopeful that you ladies would have some experience or know what I should ask for when I do meet with the Doctor (low progesterone test maybe?). I also have a rare eye disorder that gets worse (irreversible damage) with each pregnancy, so it is important to me to figure out what is going on before getting pregnant again so I don't continue to do damage to my eyesight unless it's absolutely worth it.

[Note: I see that some people post warnings - not sure if I should post anything here about loss? I'm not familiar with the board etiquette so please let me know, if so :) ]

Re: New Here :)

• @msstephanielynn So sorry for your losses, I don't have much experience with loss. I had a chemical pregnancy in Dec. and haven't been able get pregnant since. So not getting pregnant is my problem. 
     Have you had any genetic testing done? I've read that a mc could be due to chromosomal defect or some other type of defect. I would also see a RE as opposed to your gyn considering your eye disorder. Good luck to you! Hopefully you get some answers soon. Keep us updated.
    This board is pretty dead, a few ppl post but not many and not often. I actually just made an intro in the Trouble TTC board, there's more action over there. 
    31 yrs. /DH 38 yrs.
    SI TTC 7 months 
    DD born 10/2015 @ 27 wks. 4 days > severe pre-e (TTC 1yr.)
    Hystero./Laproscopy/Ovarian Drilling/ D&C/ HSG (2/2015)
    Present:
    DX: Moderate Endo./ PCOS/ Diminished Ovarian Reserve(1.2 amh)/ Low Morphology (0%)
    HSG (3/2017)- All Clear
    RX: Follistim (75iu)/ Trigger/ IUI/ Progesterone
    Starting 1st IUI cycle Friday 4/28

• Sorry you have to be here, to me it is a good thing that you are getting pregnant at least, I have the opposite problem, they are just not sticking! The only one that stuck after my son, was stuck in the wrong place and I had one of my tubes removed which made my chances of conceiving even worse. Definitely talk to an RE, or even an RE nurse. I found through my insurance a special infertility nurse that I can talk to whenever I need advice, so that's been helpful when it's hard to reach the Doctor.
  • Loading the player...
  • @mamma1614 My regular OB/GYN wasn't available until next Wednesday (almost 2 weeks after the HCG level confirming CP). So once I see him I'm sure I will have another wait to get into an RE and start the testing. I think it's good that I have been able to get pregnant, however it's been so emotionally trying when it gets ripped away from me or when someone announces that they fell pregnant around the same time as me. Did you need to be seeing an RE for the infertility nurse? The nurses in my regular OB office are sub-par and rude (well, there is one nice one). One told me that I shouldn't have tested so early because I wouldn't have even known that I had the CP, really!? :(
  • I had four losses before having my first. I would suggest seeing an infertility doctor as I did. My problem wasn't getting pregnant, but staying pregnant. They had me take progesterone, amino acid supplements, and blood thinner (after doing multiple tests), and this, along with close monitering, helped me to carry to term.

Also, back to back pregnancies after a loss can be risky I believe. It's best to het checked out and receive the all clear first.

Good luck to you.