November 2017 Moms

FFFC 07.14

Let's hear them ladies!

IN NO WAY GUARANTEED TO BE FLAME FREE!!

Re: FFFC 07.14

• car1acar1a member
    @DuchessOfCambridge I've never considered that before but now that you mention it, I agree. Before I knew my LO was a girl I purchased some "gender neutral" outfits to get me excited or that were on sale. My mil saw them recently and said I'll have to put a pink hat on the baby or something because everyone will assume she's a boy. The outfits are mostly grey, though I did get a navy snow suit for like $5, navy looks great on girls so who cares but it's true that if I dress her more neutrally this is "not girl"
    ~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~
  • Loading the player...
  • @car1a it gets my feminism going lol why is the default basically just "boy"? I'm not saying there aren't some outfits that can look more feminine and are considered gender neutral, but mostly you may as well just buy things without words on them from the little boys section and it'll be our definition of "gender neutral". I'm not even having a girl but I'm still annoyed for all the baby girls that default is "boy".

• I think most of the time when things are "gender neutral" they are just "not girl".
    Yes! I've said the same thing. They may be a gender neutral color but the look is still boy. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yes! We struggled with this because we were green with our daughter. We ended up buying a pack of bows and everyone went nuts buying little girl things after she was born so it worked out but half the time I'd look at her and know people would have no clue if she was a boy or a girl. The closest I've seen to more girly is a couple outfits with rubber ducks on them.
  • I used to work at Gymboree, and we'd have people ask all the time for gender neutral outfits, and we only had maybe 2 or 3 choices (and in my opinion, weren't that appealing). This was an outlet store, so I don't know if the regular stores had more options or not. I always felt bad when they left disappointed.
  • We've managed to find some things that are truly ungendered but kids fashion is highly boy girl atm it's frustrating because we aren't finding out and all I want is some soft nice simple or even plane grow suits  and singlets in neutral colours like a soft lime and orange and aqua even a ptetty cornflower blue not that baby boy blue or even faun in newborn size for every day . And all there is is pink blue sometimes white and if you want neutral it's grey...
    I bought a little jumper in an oatmeal grey it has a raccoon on the front and I wouldn't say it's a boy design . I can see it with little pair of pants or over a dress and the mood of the raccoon changes with how you would style it. 
    In my opinion it's just a kids jumper and very gender non specific. 
    I found in the the boys section ...
  • Primary.com has some great gender neutral outfits. 
  • FFFC-
    too many new threads on the board lately. Me no like. 
  • kwaldykwaldy member
    JDW0325 said:
    FFFC-
    too many new threads on the board lately. Me no like. 
    And not enough of the regular threads: i.e. UO Thursday, ticker changes, weekend wins, TW Tuesday, etc... I feel like stuff hasn't been active this week and any new threads have been off the wall random
  • NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited July 2017
    @kwaldy I'm back from vacation and will get to posting some of those threads on Monday! But that's a place where some people could step up and just copy and paste from previous weeks. That's why I said we didn't have a lot of active posters in the past.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @kwaldy totally this. I haven't joined the FB but I've wondered if more of the regulars have been active there instead. I'm missing some @ElizabethSchuyler funny gifs and comebacks. 
  • FB is much more active. TB is so glitchy for me and it feels way more personable on FB. I miss some of you ladies over there but it feels so dead over here. 

DS1 is 7.  DD is 1.  DS2 is coming in late April.

Lilypie Maternity tickers Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • kwaldykwaldy member
    @NYTino24 true! I sometimes feel awkward starting stuff, but I guess I can't complain if I don't really step up lol.
    hope you enjoyed your vacation!
  • JDW0325JDW0325 member
    edited July 2017
    It is definitely feeling dead here.  
  • I was just thinking last week how dead this board has been. I don't check it often because nothing new seems to appear through out the day. I keep thinking about joining the FB group but I'm in SO many FB groups that I can hardly keep up with. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Looks like everyone has moved to FB. Sadz. 
  • @lancomechica, you mean everyone who PROMISED that they would stay active on here even if they joined FB? It's been real slow this week, lots of threads just being forgotten yo be started. 
  • I am still here but definitely havent been posting much.  It might just be a slow time.  And I know I have been guilty of not starting threads.   I got reliant on others posting so I definitely can't complain.  Good to know there are others still here though
  • @NYTino24 I agree. I typically don't start threads because I can't seem to get my gifs to work on mobile and that's what I primarily use. I may try to hop on my laptop this week and see if I can figure it out there. I hope you had a great vacation!
  • I check in here everyday but i often havent felt like i have anything to say lately. Plus the bump is glitchy. FB is also easier to keep track of and sends me notifications. I hate that sometimes ill be tagged here and not realy until im reading through all the old threads
  • I apologize if anyone felt attacked by me or others saying the board had been dead or silent. This was my way of saying I miss you all please comeback. 
  • I never started threads because there were/are so many rules on the board that I wasn't used to from my last BMB. I did have to take a hiatus due to a really difficult time but I didn't think the whole board would change in that month. 
  • @maegpie I didn't feel attacked, no worries, just explaining why some of us may be posting less here.  

@lancomechica2 there aren't really that many rules and if you're not comfortable starting a random thread, you can always pick from the list in the board organization thread pinned up top! Some groups flame for random threads but I think for the most part this BMB has welcomed them. 

I just don't think it makes sense to complain about boards not being started if you are also not starting them yourself. 

• Observation does not equal complaining. 
  • Observation does not equal complaining. 
    What I said was meant in general, not specific to you. This happened a lot when the board was more active as well, people would comment on how new weekly threads wouldn't get created, but wouldn't start them themselves. Anyone can start a new thread. 

• av2323av2323 member
    I've been MIA.  I had a weeks vacation (coupled with a case of HFM in my toddler).  I then had a weeks worth of catching up to do at work.  I haven't been able to properly keep up with the bump or Facebook.  All my hard work last week paid off though.  I should be able to coast through this week thus giving me more online time.
  • Abby7Abby7 member
    I just joined so I have no idea how to get onto the FB group. My March 2012 BMB moved to FB after the babies were born because it was so long ago that TB and FB were both different, so we all knew each other quite a bit by that time.
    Pregnancy Ticker  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @Abby7 Usually a FB group will want to know you before accepting a request, so I'd hang out here and get to know everyone for a while first.  ;)
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Abby7Abby7 member
    That's what I figured... :)
    Pregnancy Ticker  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would love to join the FB group, but I don't know if I would be considered a 'regular' yet. If not, no worries! :) To me, FB is just easier to use, since I almost exclusively use TB on my phone. 
  • Same here @hillaryo14 !

I had a previous miscarriage and was very quiet with this pregnancy even in person. There are still people at work that are just finding out. I am excited to get to know everyone though and hopefully migrate over to the fb group as well. I am trying to get onto the computer and be more active on here though in the mean time; my bump app is apparently a piece of poop. 

Oh and my FFFC? Sometimes I'm grateful my daughter has figured out how to climb into bed with me and turn on her netflix account by herself. I know it sounds awful but I really enjoyed that little bit of extra time I got to lay in bed this morning.
  • @peacedancelove I've been letting my daughter watch Netflix on my iPad next to me in bed in the mornings too. No shame.