September 2017 Moms

Any Vegans/Vegetarians?

Any Vegans or Vegetarians on this group? I'm mostly vegan, but occasionally cheat :) I'm worried I failed my 3 hour glucose test and am looking for some great recipes that are low carb. Breakfast is a hard one for me. I live off yogurt parfaits or smoothies (with lots of fruit, kale or spinach, and almond milk or coconut water)
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Any Vegans/Vegetarians?

• edited July 2017
    I'm a vegetarian, but I usually have cereal or smoothie so I might not be much help. Could you do like a tofu scramble or a low carb vegan smoothie? Silken tofu is a really good smoothie ingredient instead of yogurt.

365 Vegan Smoothies: Boost Your Health With a Rainbow of Fruits and Veggies https://www.amazon.com/dp/158333517X/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_72vAzbXXYVSW1

I found this recipe book at Kroger 3 years ago and I love it, unfortunately I've never really paid much attention to carbs, but I'm sure out of 365, there should be some low carb recipes.
  • Oh, I'm not sure if they're vegan, but the morning star sausage breakfast patties are really good.
  • Loading the player...
  • My smoothies are normally Vega powder or Isagenix powder, Spinach or kale, a banana, frozen fruit and either coconut water or unsweetened almond milk, so luckily I don't have to sub yogurt for that...but all the fruit might still be high in carb...
    Pregnancy Ticker